I wish it was like Golden Girls ..8-12-'17

@bunnybon7 (31533)
Holiday, Florida
Only ones here in the USA may remember the Golden Girls tv series. They were older ladies that all lived in a big house together and watched out for each other. I think they should have a program here where disabled folks that are not druggies or drunks could live together and help each other. You know ones that can do a lot for themselves but need to have someone around in case of emergency and so they can be of financial help too. Like if someone don't have food money toward the end or in the middle of the month, others fill up the pantry and fridge, etc. Each have their own room but a main room for visit if you get lonely and want to talk. share bills equally like rent and electric making it easier on everyone. been meaning to look into it but not sure how to go about it.
I enjoyed that series a lot and so did the rest of my family.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
i would enjoy living like that i am just saying
I think that would be a wonderful program. I know I heard of a mobile home park in some state where all those seniors help the other seniors out with all kinds of things.. I need to find out where it is located.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
they have a bunch of apartments like that in AZ but a long waiting list, nearly a couple years. i meant a house more like the golden girls have people living together
@bunnybon7 Yes, I like your idea of living like The Golden Girls do.
Just rent a room out your house and hope for the best.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
they are still here because daughter is only one with a car and if something happens with that i guess i could try it but then i might get another nut case here i can't get rid of or the nut case here will run them off with the craziness. i am in a quite crappy position like always. lol
@Ithink (4641)
I loved that show and I agree, it would be great to have help on the days I feel awful, then again I have a husband and a 10 year old that I homeschool so dont know how that would work. There is days I would love to have some help.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
yes and that need will get stronger as you age if you come down with a lot of disabling problems and you have no spouse
@Ithink (4641)
@bunnybon7 Well I have a spouse and with my health right now something like that would be great!
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
@Ithink yes often spouses don't help as much as we like. but its nice to have company too
I remember that show! Oh, that would be an ideal living situation, wouldn't it? I know some multi-generation families that live in one house and I do get envious that they have a family network of taking care of each other. But I couldn't do that with my family (or Hubby's) or even friends - we'd all butt heads .
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
seems that what happens here. i think it would work though if Clay daughters bf would be able to live with anyone. or i should say too hard to stand living with him.
@bunnybon7 Maybe he should start watching Golden Girls and learn a thing or two .
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
@much2say not much sinks in. not sure his addled brain can learn any more. besides he only does what he wants
I love the golden girls. Too bad life isn't like that. Although it is with young adults who live at home or with friends, as they split bills and food like that.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
we are supposed to here but times most of the time, i pay the most and use the less. lol why i would like room mates more like myself equal pay and help where we are in the same boat and have interests where none of us would be lonely
@bunnybon7 right.. here used to be even but not so much now
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
@Courtlynn lucky you have a boyfriend for company sometimes. he is lucky also
Sounds like an interesting premise. What would you call it? I still watch Golden Girls occasionally.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
call it happy place if i could find the right folks
@bunnybon7 .....That says it all.
@KrauseHome (32829)
Back in the day there were more places that could rent out this way to where it worked for them. Now a days due to budget cuts etc there is not people who are willing or knowledgeable with all the complexities to know how to even start something like this. Because you would need someone non handicapped etc around all the time some people would never consider the time or expense and maybe qualifications to do so
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
i understand what you are saying. but must be someone out there that can drive to run errands and such and needs a place to live cheaper thats not a drunk or pill popper. in this day and age with this economy i would think there should be more.
That does sound like a good idea. I remember The Golden Girls, watched it all the time.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
they really had it going on. would be so nice to have peace in the house and company
@Gillygirl (15259)
• Sutton, England
I haven't heard of Golden girls so it can't have been transmitted in the UK.
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
it was a funny series. to bad you don't get it there
@dollaboy (6337)
I think these type of shows and movies have good reach as well
@bunnybon7 (31533)
• Holiday, Florida
yes they are fun