Pee Wee Herman

Riga, Latvia
At one time there was a guy named Paul Reuben who became known as Pee Wee Herman. To delight children he has a TV show Pee Wee’s Playhouse which was a crazy kind of show with inanimate object talking, bright colors and alls sorts of loud noises. The inspiration for Pee Wee Herman was based on Pinky Lee, who hosted a children’s show in the early 1950s. He wore a plaid suit and acted childishly. You’ll be amazed to know that the theme song was sung by Cyndi Lauper who was credited on the Pee Wee’s show as Ellen Shaw. The show also included lots of celebrities like Phil Hartman as Captain Car and Laurence Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis. There were also plenty of talents behind the scenes helping to put the show together. Phil Hartman and Paul Rueben first came together at The Groundlings an improvisational and sketch comedy troupe and school in Los Angeles, California. Later they formed a writing team and wrote up all of Pee Wee’s great adventures. Paul Reuben was inspired to write “Big Top Pee Wee” from his time growing up in Sarasota, Florida where the Barnum & Bailey Circus spent their winters. “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure” was the first big success for Tim Burton and from the financial success of that movie he went on to create “Batman”. Remembering the chance he got from his first collaboration with Paul Reubens Burton featured him in “Batman Returns” (as Penguin’s father) and as the voice of Lock in “The Nightmare Before Christmas”. Adding to his many talents Paul Reubens is an American actor, writer, film producer, game show host and comedian. Since his role as Pee Wee Herman he has had many different projects in the works and even starred on Broadway in “The Pee Wee Herman Show” in 2010. In 2016 he co-wrote and starred in the Netflix original movie “ Pee Wee’s Big Holiday”. What do you think of Pee Wee? Look at Pee Wee doing “Tequila”
Hilarious scene of Pee Wee Herman walking into a biker bar....and the mayhem begins!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Good summary. I think I would not eat popcorn with him.
LOL, I almost spit my banana all over.
I do remember Pee Wee getting arrested. Our son did enjoy watching the show when he was little.
• Riga, Latvia
I watched it as a teen just for some laughs @Corbin5
My nephew drove me crazy with the pee wee laugh, he could do it exactly like him. If I am not mistaken the show stopped because of pee wee behaving badly in public, in an adult way.
• Riga, Latvia
When some comedians got it good they got to spoil it @andriaperry If anyone started laughing like Pee Wee behind me my hair would probably stand on end just imagining this strange looking person behind me lol I bet there were lots of kid like your nephew who enjoyed doing that laugh.
@velvet53 (9885)
My sons and daycare children loved watching him. I wonder what it would be like to meet him in person.
• Riga, Latvia
Meeting him in person would probably be a disappointment to see an ordinary person. I think for this reason Paul Reuben went to one awards ceremony dressed as the Pee Wee character @velvet53
@velvet53 (9885)
@RasmaSandra You are probably right. I wonder if he is the same in normal life as he is as being Pee Wee.
Thanks for the information. I'd heard of the guy but didn't know much about him.
I love Pee Wee! I used to watch his show on Saturday mornings.
@LoriAMoore (12150)
My former husband (now deceased) last name was Herman, so people sometimes called him PeeWee Herman even though my husband was very large.