Local Boys Sell Coupons, for High School Football Team

Yesterday, five teenage boys came walking down the road we live on and knocked on the front door. When I answered they acted quite nervous, asking a total stranger for money. I tried to put them at ease, asking if they knew Zachary Adams, my grandson. One boys face lit up, as he replied 'Yes, I sure do!' Zach graduated last fall, but he was pretty well known, for being on the high school's track team. No, he wasn't a star athlete, but many of the girls batted their eye lashes, whenever Zach was around!:) Anyway, these kids were selling coupons, for a special savings at most of our local restaurants. A small percentage of the money they collect, is to support their football team. I was very happy to purchase one, simply because of the devoted faces on these five boys
That was nice of you. Kids often knock on my door for candy sales. Oh how those bars got smaller. I won't buy one anymore. Pure rip off.
@sharon6345 If it is for the middle school, my husband quite often just gives them a donation. That way, 100% of this money goes to the kids.
@kobesbuddy That is very good for you. I am glad that you could help.
@sharon6345 Those kids are the future of our community, we should stand behind them:)
I think selling candy and these coupon books was what got me out of being so shy and now I have no problem asking people for the rent, I used to ask for pay for a band too because the owner just couldnt do it.
@andriaperry Our children need sports and school activities, to keep them happy and on the straight and narrow
Yes, we do the same. It feels so good to help those kids out. They usually are quite nervous when asking for donations.
@Corbin5 If it was for any other cause besides these young kids, I probably wouldn't have purchased one
@Gillygirl (14768)
• Sutton, England
It was good of you to put the boys at their ease and help support their football team.
@Gillygirl Thanks, I love to support our kids, those four years of high school are so important!:)
@Gillygirl (14768)
• Sutton, England
@kobesbuddy Yes they are very informative years.
@Gillygirl Money is never wasted, when it's given for the education of these kids!:)
My son sold discount cards for his football team and they came in very handy.
@Tampa_girl7 We order pizza about once a week, which most those coupons are for!:)
Isn't it nice when the name of a relative brings a smile to a stranger's face? I get that with one of my nephews who is a big football hero in his area of the province.
@Juliaacv One time, Zachary got razzed about two timing, when I dropped him off at the beach, to meet his girlfriend! lol
That was very nice of you to do that.
@Susan2015 I have a soft-spot for our kids, they are so vulnerable in this fast decaying world system! Will they even be around in twenty years?:(
@Deepizzaguy (6112)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is nice to know that the teens like football despite the negative press their sport has been getting from the media recently that would make the bad mouthing of women's gymnastics look like an ego massage by comparison.
@Deepizzaguy I look at it this way, most of these boys don't play football for very long. It's just a sport, that they really like. How many of them will go on, to play at a professional level? A very small percentage:(
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@kobesbuddy Very true. I see why they like football in high school since it is fun for them.
@Deepizzaguy These kids get all enthused about sports, but don't get injured like the pros do.
Zachary is eyelash batting worthy! Nice of you to put them at ease and worth supporting the team!
@DianneN Thank you, Dianne:) I still can't figure out why many kids wear a woolly, winter hat, in the heat of the summer! lol
@kobesbuddy I never saw that! Lol!
@DianneN It makes me perspire, just looking at them!:)
@vsai2008 (5948)
I am so happy you did that !! It was so nice of you :)
@vsai2008 Thanks, it's our privilege to support kids, who are doing something they enjoy!:)
@vsai2008 (5948)
@kobesbuddy I agree 100% with you :)
@vsai2008 All children deserve a chance, to pick and choose what they enjoy most in life.
Hey, Zach (batting my eyelash)!
@toniganzon Yup, you put a smile on Zachary's face!:)
@kobesbuddy Oh, now I'm blushing.
@toniganzon I'm still not sure how these young kids, can wear a wool hat in the summer!:)
I am always there if any need help for the school or anything.Love to help them out
@amadeo Yes, the children are always a worthy cause, they are the future leaders of our country!:)
@kobesbuddy yes they are.
@amadeo I feel bad, because these kids are being short-changed, with many political leaders being so dishonest!:)
Nice of you to purchase a coupon.
@TRBRocks420 We try hard to support our kids, when they're doing something worth while:)
@dgobucks226 (2925)
Love your comments and your community support!
@dgobucks226 Awe, thank you DB:)
That is good to help the local teamin a high school.
@jstory07 All our kids are grown and married, so now we try to help other people's children:)
@bluesa (8530)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It was nice of you to put them at ease, @kobesbuddy , and help them with their cause, their football team would mean the world to them at this time in their lives. :)