I Blew It

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm not going to go into it, but suffice it to say, I'm at fault at the problem this time with my older son. My words went ahead of thought and my son left in a hurry, hurt, which I know also hurt me a lot. I had more to say, but he didn't stay to listen, which would have eased things and made them better. As a result I had a bad night's sleep, but did get up early and sent an e-mail to his girlfriend telling her she's the best thing to happen for him and I hope things go well for them. It gave me some peace, as I know she'll share it with him and hopefully the rift will be healed and things will be good again. I hope. For now, I need to leave for a while and get my laundry done. My notifications are finished, and I hope you all are having a good day and a great weekend. Thanks for reading.
I have done that too. Letting time pass usually remedies the situation.
Yes it does, and I hope this time it will be more sooner than later.
I hope everything works out. Have a good day.
Thank you. I know they will eventually. You too.
@kobesbuddy (19399)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just2him Yes, I've had a rift with my one and only son, at different times. In some ways, I was right to speak while the words were completely my own anger, venting out on a young adult:( He left for two years, with the impression that I was the meanest mother in the entire world! Even my apologies didn't work, at that time:( I learned a very big lesson that day, the human tongue is truly set on fire, from Hell. The book of James was written for me, Chad's Mother!:)
For me too. I'm sorry it lasted two years.
@kobesbuddy (19399)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him Chad's girlfriend lied about me and he believed what she said. Thus, I got cut out of his life, as a terrible mother. When he found out the truth, Chad came crawling back to say 'I love you, Mom.'
@kobesbuddy That made it worse when his girlfriend lied about you and he believed it. He should have known, living with you all his life, that she had lied. I had that happen to me between my husband and me. His friends lied about me, and was the start of the downfall of our marriage.
@vandana7 (57466)
Take it easy...to make mistakes is normal. If you were not making any, you would have to worry...
So true. I'm not perfect, so I will always make mistakes. In this case I opened mouth and inserted foot.
@vandana7 (57466)
@just4him .. And you are not even a blonde...SMH..LOL
We're human, mistakes will be made. Hope everything works out well.
I hope so too, thank you.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Kandae11, humans -erratic and unpredictable, yet life is still so beautiful.
I'm sure his girlfriend willl help with this.
I hope so.
Sometimes it is good to get things out in the open but you might have said to much. It might take time but I sure you and him will make up again.
I'm sure we will. I just hope it doesn't take too long.
@1creekgirl (8621)
Valerie, I know it hurts when we have disagreements with our kids. Hopefully he'll realize you didn't mean any harm. Trust God to be with you and him.
I am. Thank you. Yes, it hurts. If he had stayed long enough for me to finish what I was saying, he wouldn't be angry right now.
this is normal.Most people do have this now and then.
I know. It's just that the repercussions are still being felt.
@just4him how are thing now Val
@amadeo I still haven't heard from him.
I'm sorry this happened and hope he forgives and forgets. I hope you call him and say what needs saying yourself.
It's too soon. He would either hang up on me, or not answer at all, which is what I would expect. I've had such a rough relationship with him and was happy when things started going right for a change, and then I opened my mouth. It's going to take time.
@just4him I hope you both make up soon.
@DianneN Me too.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
I'm sure with a little time your son will come round. These things happen in families.
Yes they do, and I hope so.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
Sorry there's problems and hurt feelings betweeb the two of you. I hope things get better.
I hope so too, more sooner than later.
@just4him yes always better sooner
• Midland, Michigan
Well, if you and the girlfriend have a decent relationship, then maybe you cant talk with her a bit. Not about him, of course, but just to keep some communication lines open for when he finally is ready to listen. It's hard when discussing things with our loved ones as we don't always perceive how they'll take things and it's not uncommon for most of us to begin our well-thought out ideas in ways that turn the other person off even though that's not our intent. We worked through a book in Sunday school last year that was great. It covered something similar to your situation. I don't remember what was recommended though. I asked my daughter and she doesn't even remember what I'm talking about. I think it was in the Good and Beautiful Life I mentioned a few months ago. I'll try to look it up and I've not forgotten about the other study I was going to read up on too, although I did forget to do it when I was off last week. I'll be off for some extra days coming up to visit with family from out of town, maybe then. In the mean time keep praying for your son. Will he not even answer his phone when you call? Do you text? At least you can ask for his forgiveness with a text if he won't take your calls. You may not be able to share what you planned if he's not willing to hear it.
Right now, no, he won't. I've known him for 44 years, so I know he won't and probably will erase without looking at it. I don't text anyway, not if I can help it.
We all say things sometimes that we do not mean. I hope that your son considers that and forgives you.
I hope he does too. Thanks.
I'm sure that it will all work out and hopefully his girlfriend will share the email with him. We all say things we don't mean or say them the wrong way at one time or another.
Yes we do. I'm hoping she does.
Have a good day.
Thank you.
Don't you wish that you could have grabbed what you said and pulled it right back into your mouth before even an inkling of it was heard? I have gotten to the point of seeing red a few times with my ODD grandson and bi-polar daughter, so I know what you mean. I hope this can be healed. Sometimes such things take some time.
I hope so too and yes they do.
• Rochester, New York
I hope things get mended quickly with your son.
Thank you. I hope so too.
@vsai2008 (7630)
Mistakes happen but I am glad you got that sorted and finally, you are at peace :) Some people don't even get that chance :)
I have peace about it, but I still haven't heard from him.
@vsai2008 (7630)
@just4him I am sure you will, if not, give it a few days and call/text him :)
@vsai2008 It may be longer than a few days.
• Pamplona, Spain
So sorry that happened I would cry it all out first which is what I have done before.
I did that, and had a sleepless night as well. I felt peace when I sent the e-mail to his girlfriend. Now, I just wait, pray, and hope.
• Pamplona, Spain
@just4him Sorry you could not sleep Val. We all say things sometimes but we donĀ“t really mean them either. He should know that and will come around in time.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Thank you. I'm hoping it will be soon.