I wonder if the police could help me. I might call

There is a church on the corner of me. They have speakers in the window of the church. That allows the service to be heard blocks away. I am not in the mood to listen to that crap. I think they should stop forcing that on people. I just feel like a wicked person calling the police on a church. But I think I am just going to call. Or should I just got to the church ad speak to them.. I wonder... I wonder.. If people want to hear it they should be inside the church.
• Denmark
I can't imagine such a situation in Germany. Loudspeakers wouldn't be allowed. Go to the police. You can ask your neighbours first if they think like you and collect their signatures.
I would not go that far around here. I would like to call the police but I feel terrible.
• Denmark
@sharon6345 Why do you feel terrible? The church people have no right to molest you in this way.
@MALUSE Because I would not want people to think bad of me calling on a church.
@Chellezhere (1165)
Well, the thing is, unless they are violating a city ordinance, they are not breaking any laws. While we do have the right to practice or not practice whichever faith we choose (Freedom OF Religion) We do not have the right to not see, hear, feel, smell, or taste another's religion.(Freedom FROM Religion).
That you can say again because I sure do understand. I think I will figure it out soon.
• Denmark
I think the topic of religion is of no importance here. If it were loud music it would be the same. It's noise pollution.
That is offensive that they broadcast it to the neighborhood.
I think so too but I feel terrible trying to call the cops.
I don't like religion forced on me at all. I would call and talk to the police at least. Get their take on it anyway.
I would have to figure out where it's coming from. I now hear it to the left of me where there is no church.
@sharon6345 .....Maybe it is in a place that doesn't look like a church.
@celticeagle I think that is true but it's after 5 pm and it's still going on.
I agree with you and I do not think you should call the police. Go talk to the church about it.
If I go to the church and someone gets violent it will look like I went starting trouble. it would be best for me to call the police.
@sharon6345 Call the church and talk to them over the phone.
• Rochester, New York
That should not be allowed. Isn't there some kind of sound ordinance there that they are breaking?
That is what I don't know for now. I wish I could find out without feeling bad.
@vsai2008 (7630)
I feel you should talk to the church first :) What is the situation now?
I understand not feeling like listening to someone else's sounds or noises. I think that you'd probably get better results if you called the church office on Monday morning and discuss it with them. They may not be aware of how far their sounds are carrying and how many other people it is affecting. Good luck.