What exactly is Bitcoin?

Rochester, New York
I received an email from a website where this guy talks of nothing, but Bitcoins. I can understand some of what he's talking about, but honestly not everything. I thought of investing $100 of my taxes into it because it says that it will possibly be worth $5000 to $6000 by the end of the year. For anyone who has it, would this be a good investment? I have read a few things about it, but honestly don't understand it. Any experts on it here? Here is a link to what he posts about Bitcoin..
This page may be out of date. Save your draft before refreshing this page.Submit any pending changes before refreshing this page. Hide this message.QuoraSign InCrypto since ‘11 & profited £4M+. Retired.New to Cryptocurrency? Coinbase ($10 bonus) or CEX.Saf
I want nothing to do with bitcoin. Just pay me on paypal.
@AkoPinay (10828)
PayPal is only a payment processor, Bitcoin is digital MONEY but officially defined as commodity which value is now higher than gold. Imagine after few months my money was trippled. Eleven (11) months ago the price of Bitcoin was around $600 but now it's $4,000 plus. Imagine your profit in less than a year.
CryptoCurrency market cap rankings, charts, and more
Here is some other info on this online currency :
With the rise of bitcoin, many have asked the question 'What is bitcoin?' Read the free guide in our information centre and learn about bitcoin today.
I think that it's a bit late. If you'd bought $100 worth of Bitcoin about five years ago, it would now be worth about $4,000,000 ... presumably $100 worth now would get you just pennies. Husband is kicking himself for not buying into it when they first came out. If he thought he'd get anything out of it by investing now, I'm quite sure he would be. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, no. It's not a good investment now. :)
@AkoPinay (10828)
Yeah it's quite late because Bitcoin is very expensive already. I started using Bitcoin in 2015 and the price was @ $200 plus. If I kept my bitLanders earning of 3.3 BTC I have more money now but I only kept worth $10 (that's what I can afford to lose). I am buying more Synereo AMP today I hope their social network succeed in the future.
• Rochester, New York
Very true. I kick myself as ell for not investing in it when it first came out.
I've only heard of it, but know nothing about it.
I don't know anything about it I'm sorry but I hope someone can help you.
Bitcoin is a digital non regulated currency. I think it's a bit too late to invest now, but you can try with a little amount. Do not invest too much and be careful.
I have no idea, but hope someone here can give you the information you need.
@renicemae (2280)
It's a digital currency where you can cash out real money from it. And yes, if you have money now, it is a good form of investment. it is constantly increasing from time to time though, not all of the time. It may also go down at times.
@mandala100 (25384)
@LisaSteinmetz I'm so sorry my friend and I'm not into bitcoins. I hope other myLotters will be able to help you.
@jobelbojel (5165)
I have earn little Bitcoin and was transferred to my bitcoin wallet. I still can't withdraw it through bank becuase it is still small.
@AkoPinay (10828)
How small? Minimum amount is only P15
@AkoPinay Really? Hahaha. I am not reading. I have 300 pesos.
@AkoPinay (10828)
@jobelbojel you can convert it to BTC if it is in your PHP wallet so you could earn more if BTC price continue to soar. we can cash out to bank either from PHP or BTC wallet.
@aaronfyzeon (1920)
Hello there! Let's not be afraid to try something new to spice up our life. But let's learn how to limit ourselves if thee things we have done is doing great to us and we can consider ourselves lucky. I have earned quite a handful in this business. Let's not just be greedy! We must also be careful of the people prying to our lives when we deal with bitcoins because all information in reference to our wallet ID (also known as wallet address) email, and our passwords should be different from what we often use logging in to our social accounts! There are not only one crypto-currency available in the digital coins world, Bitcoin (BTC) is just only one of them! I am here to help everyone out who wants to know more about bitcoins!
@AkoPinay (10828)
Be careful on where you put your money as there are lots of investment scams. If I were in the USA, I'd rather buy coins from Coinbase.com and keep it in Trezor or Ledger Nano.
The easiest place to buy, use, and accept bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Using digital currency has never been so safe and easy.
I have heard of it but I do not know about the investments.
@LeaPea2417 (15448)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I don't understand anything about the Bitcoin.
It's a bit scary and I hope it all goes away. I'm pretty sure it isn't going to. I'm not investing though.
@Shiva49 (9752)
I think people who went in earlier have made it but I doubt whether this party will last as there is no free lunch. Who is responsible for it is not clear though some seem to know. I recall a story about how President Kennedy's father escaped the Wall Street Crash of 1929. His shoeshine boy was boasting that he is multiplying investments out of thin air at it were in the stock market. Then the rich man got the hint and sold his investments and escaped in the nick of time. I would rather be wary - siva