Do You Have Stage Fright?

@mandala100 (57187)
Hong Kong
Have you ever experienced stage fright? Yes my friend that's the question. Almost everyone has an idea what stage fright is and for sure some of us has experienced this in some stage of our life. Stage fright is said to be one's nervousness before or during appearance before the public or the fear, anxiety, or persistent phobia of speaking in public or doing any public performances. What are the ways to overcome stage fright? Do you still recall yours or others stage fright experience? Image source: billmuehlenberg.comt
@dgobucks226 (16219)
Yes, I do get stage fright. As a teacher and coach you have to get up in front of people so I had to overcome that fear.
Every time I have had to appear before a huge crowd to speak or model, I always get nervous, but come to life once up there.
@mandala100 (57187)
@DianneN That's right my friend we feel a bit nervous in the beginning but get along well after we starts speaking or talking.
@mandala100 Sometimes I want to do it all over again, immediately afterwards.
@mandala100 (57187)
@DianneN Ok my friend and I get your point.
I have that big time Peter. I auditioned for a role on tv. when I saw all those people in the room that were not in there I freaked out. They were calling me back but I could not go. I had suave shampoos commercial and I was good. I saw myself on the monitor. I loved it.
I am not a fan of appearing before a lot of people to perform or speak, I have done so, but am nervous the entire time but get through it.
@wongchoiyee (7462)
I also get stage fright before and I don't like that. Maybe taking a deep breath and tell yourself everything's gonna be alright will do.
@mandala100 (57187)
@wongchoiyee That's a good idea my friend.
I have never been on stage but would not be surprised to experience stage fright.
@Micmac (6962)
Thinking back when I had to recite a poem on stage, my knees were shaking from nerves and I almost fainted. I don't know how I managed to speak. Somehow I got through it all right.
I do not recall how I fare on this.Not stage fright.But being a speaker.
@alberello75 (21254)
• Genova, Italy
It seems, during this stage, that the audience look and think only about us. This creates fear We have to convinc that instead it is not!
• Walnut Creek, California
I used to have it. In fact, I still do in some degree. Pretty strange for a professor and musician! But I overcme it by viewing "audiences" as friends, and by developing a bit of a persona, based in part on Peter Falk in Colombo. Do you know this song?
I freeze if I have to get in front of a bunch of people to give a speech or talk. I am a one on one person and when I do I video I get very nervous because I want to do a good job and want lots to watch it.
@prashu228 (25492)
I still have a stage fright , don't know how to overcome it , I tried but no use so far