Hot tea got spilled all over me

My hubby and I went to his parents' house for dinner Friday. Everything was going great until we were having tea. He turned toward me, I guess to show me something, when all of a sudden he accidentally knocked over my hot cup of tea, which spilled all over my legs and feet. I gave out a loud scream and jumped off the chair. Thankfully, I wasn't burned but it still hurt. It'd be surprising if it didn't considering that hot water touched my body. Good thing I was wearing pants and wasn't bare legged. It'd probably hurt even more. My hubby felt bad for what happened and kept apologizing to me... This reminded me of something that happened to me some years ago. I was out on a date with a guy. We went to Starbucks or some other place like it. I got myself a cup of tea. We sat down at the table to talk and have a pastry with a hot beverage. I don't know why I chose to do that but I decided that I wanted to take the lid off and drink my tea without it. I tried to take the lid off but it wouldn't budge. When I finally got it off, the cup tipped over and the hot tea spilled all over table and all over me. I don't believe I screamed that time but it was an embarrassing moment. There I was on a first date with a guy and I made a fool of myself. The rest of the date didn't go that well for me and after that the guy never surfaced again. I wonder if the tea spill had anything to do with it. Have you or anyone else ever spilled hot tea (or anything else hot) all over you?
I donĀ“t remember having been burned bad, but surely I have had minor burns in my life.
@kobesbuddy (11128)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena Thank heavens, you didn't get burned either time!:( I don't think the tea spilling was the man's reason, for not dating you ever again. I was in McDonald's one time and ordered a hot coffee. The lid wasn't on tightly, so as I picked it up the lid shot off like a cannon, splashing hot coffee all over the place! The worker was so embarrassed and immediately got upset, over this error. I calmed her down and assured her quietly, that I was fine. They are so paranoid about lawsuits!:( The management gave me another cup of coffee and everything was completely forgotten.
I wonder if she cared more about you starting something over the spillage (like a lawsuit) than about you being ok. Nice of them to give you another cup of coffee though. They should have thrown in a free pastry to go with it.
@kobesbuddy (11128)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena My hand did get splashed, but I didn't make a big deal about it. It really made the lady feel terrible!:(
@mandala100 (24087)
@lovebuglena Not for me with tea but with coffee when a was a little boy my friend.
I've spilled coffee on myself as well. But I was already an adult when that happened.
@mandala100 (24087)
@lovebuglena Ok my friend. Thanks for sharing your story.
Yes I've spilled hot coffee on myself and it does hurt. You are lucky you didn't get burned with the hot tea. Your Starbucks story is funny but if that date had worked out you probably wouldn't have met your husband
That's true. But it wasn't a great feeling getting rejected.
I am fortunate to not have a hot beverage spilled on me yet. Glad you did not suffer burns from that hot tea.
Hope it never happens to you. It isn't any fun when it happens.
@prashu228 (20337)
Yes it happened few times, when I was studying. When people are around. My situation was I can't cry or laugh either..so horrible
On myself many times, too many to count.