Cold river bath.

@xFiacre (10117)
Ireland
I climbed up into the hills today, the same hills I used to camp out in many years ago, sometimes with friends and sometimes not. It wasn't camping with a tent of course, just finding somewhere sheltered and then lying there till morning looking through the trees at the stars, confident in the vague hope that there were probably no strange characters wandering about. In the morning, stiff and sore from lying on the hard ground, the best remedy for the aches and pains was to jump into the freezing cold water of the Shimna river and stay there as long as possible and hope no-one was about to run off with my clothes. I've never felt so clean. Breakfast was fruit and the promise of coffee when I got back down out of the forest into Newcastle. I thought today of suggesting reliving that part of my youth to my wife and then thought better of it.
I can't imagine how you wouldn't have frozen your .... Well, got very cold!
@xFiacre (10117)
@judyev A somewhat shrivelling experience.
@mandala100 (24137)
@xFiacre That's a very good way of refreshing oneself: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
The shock of the cold water would certainly wake you up.
I have never jumped into a freezing cold body of water. I have lived a life of non-adventure. *sigh*
@xFiacre (10117)
@poppylicious Oh the joys of a fresh mountain stream!
I never went camping and I never tried the *joy* of a cold bath in a mountain river. There is one running along our garden, I will put one finger inside.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am a freezing water woman, the colder the better.
You just made me so jealous. I've always dreamed of going to such a place alone or with friends and just jump into the water with no care in the world. And stay there for as long as I can.
@Platespinner (17586)
I understand why your wife might not enjoy that sort of thing. I enjoy camping out but only with a cot or an air mattress between my bones and the ground.
lovely picture!