Turning Back The Hands of Time

@SonjaRae (5797)
No matter how much we wish that things could be different, that we could change the past so that our present would be different and our futures would be different; The truth is we can't. We can't undo what's already been done. And we have to be honest with ourselves and true to our own feelings. You can't erase memories, both good and bad. There comes a point when you have to let go.
I have never been one to play the what if game. I accept my life as is since everything that has happened has molded me into the person I am today. I am good with that and ever mindful of the threads that runs so true in life. Remove a thread and the whole design changes.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Precisely and great point made!
Or learn the memory trick of blocking the bad memories when they strike.
@SonjaRae (5797)
I can try!
@CoralLevang (37421)
I think trying to block the bad memories when they come is not a good idea. Too many people shut down their emotions when the bad deed is happening, and it's time that we stand up and learn to set our boundaries a lot sooner than we do.
@SonjaRae (5797)
@CoralLevang suppression is like digging our own graves!
@mandala100 (24349)
@SonjaRae That's right my friend that's why they say that time is gold and time really fly and that we need to do what we need to do while there's still time my friend.
@SonjaRae (5797)
So very true!
@mandala100 (24349)
@SonjaRae Right my friend.
yesunfrotueatey you are so rightso we should e more carefltostartwoithmad try nt tomake the errors that willjurt uis
@SonjaRae (5797)
True! So true!
@SHOHANA (7075)
• Bangladesh
yup we can't forget memories. Some memories will make us smile n some memories makes us cry n broken we just can't erase it
@SonjaRae (5797)
So very true!
• Lakewood, Colorado
True enough..and part of the problems that many have...drives people insane because they cannot change their past and it keeps them awake at night.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Doesn't keep me up thank goodness! So true
• Lakewood, Colorado
@SonjaRae Thats good to know then Sonja and the fact that no one is reminding you of it everyday, that is if there is anything in your past that bothers you.
@CoralLevang (37421)
@SonjaRae no, old age does that enough for us already!
@nav750 (3)
So very true.Very hard to accept sometimes.
@SonjaRae (5797)
True!
@CoralLevang (37421)
Maybe that's why we get some of the same lessons over again, so that we can learn how to accept them?
@SonjaRae (5797)
@CoralLevang ...until we get it!
Sadly, this is very true. Hope you are okay?
@SonjaRae (5797)
Yes sweetie, I am okay. Thanks for asking.
@SonjaRae okay! If not you can message me anytime.
@SonjaRae (5797)
@Courtlynn you are too sweet and I appreciate it so much!!
@kobesbuddy (11968)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@SonjaRae Yes, you are right about this. We can't ever go back and there's no way we can know, what our future holds.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Can't live in the past, that's for certain!
@kobesbuddy (11968)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@SonjaRae People who constantly live in the past, have trouble living in the present times!:)
Right, we can never erase memories. What we can do is learn from our past actions, past mistakes and move on.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Insightful! Thank you!
Life happened and that is that. Next day!
@SonjaRae (5797)
Yup!
@velvet53 (15384)
• Palisade, Colorado
Well said. It is a waste of time to sit and wish that we could make these changes. Instead one should concentrate on the future and how they can make it better.
@SonjaRae (5797)
A saying that I heard long ago went like this; "if you stand with 1 foot in yesterday and 1 foot in tomorrow, you're pretty much urinating on today" I only know how to move forward but I will let meant there are sometimes that I sit and look back.
@velvet53 (15384)
• Palisade, Colorado
@SonjaRae Oh my, this is funny. I copied it down and will be sharing it with others. I do look back on the past but mostly remembering fun times and such.
@SonjaRae (5797)
@velvet53 That's a positive thing; being able to look back with happy memories.
Yes that is true, letting go can be a great thing. No use worrying about things you can't change.
@SonjaRae (5797)
Precisely
@Neiltarquin (1111)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I made lots of mistakes in the past which would made me wanna change it if given a chance. But Everytime I think about it, I would realized that if I would change my past, my present will not be the same anymore. i want my present because I like the people that is around me right now. So, no thank you. I am happy with what I have right not. They are my present.
@SonjaRae (5797)
So very true!
@vsai2008 (7632)
We have to let go as soon as possible, make peace with it then only we can give complete attention to the present work.
@Oshobu (646)
• Nigeria
We can't erase the past but I believe I can create a better future through my deeds
So true and we do not know what if we changed something in our past, better to stick with the present.
@Shiva49 (9049)
When we take our memories positively, it helps to deal with them dispassionately. No point getting worked up; need to unwind, loosen up - siva
Admitting issues and shore comings is not always easy but, by doing so we release the bad feeling and can get on with life. No, you can't erase memories but you can make good ones to take their place.
@CoralLevang (37421)
Such very true words, my dear sister. Thankfully we have an ability to look forward... And Beyond...
@SonjaRae (5797)
Most definitely!