Some People Still Don’t Get MyLot

@poehere (12015)
French Polynesia
Some new people come to MyLot and post one discussion after another. They feel the more they post the more they will earn. Wrong! This isn’t how MyLot works. It is a community that we can openly post on and share with others. However, the secret to MyLot is not to bomb the site with tons of posts, but to interact with others. Then we have some new comers who post their question as their title. Afterwards, you see one word for their discussion. Spammer! Seems we have a few of them lately. When will they read the rules. MyLot rules aren’t that hard to follow. They don’t take long to read. So what is the problem? Why can’t people just follow the simple rules on the site? Some people still don’t understand. Do you think they will get a clue soon? It would be nice.
S ome will some are using mylot o sell and do not'seem to care about rules or about being deleted. these really'irk me't hey just go to various sies not reading anyone r;ulesrules. the one s that get me are the two word p;osts and the dumb users who favor all short posts responding to them
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
You and me both Patsie. I am sick of seeing questions as titles and one or two words as the discussion. They need to stop.
I never read the rules but its not hard to see how it works, if you read peoples discussions
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
You are right. It is like any other social media site. You post, answer comments, read and comment. Not so hard.
@mohit459 (811)
• Haldwani, India
It's nice and you are right
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
Tank you so much. I am sort of tired of seeing a few names with tons and tons of posts and the one word posts drive me crazy.
@mohit459 (811)
• Haldwani, India
@poehere hehehhhe that's sounds funny!!! Ya people don't get something until they understand it properly!!
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@mohit459 One teacher I had in France made me laugh. She said to one student: What do I need to do? Drop a book on your head so you will learn?
@mandala100 (16585)
@poehere Good question my friend.Some people who are new comers only wants to earn money and not really to have social interaction with other myLotters or to enjoy themselves here in myLot and I think these are some of the more weighty reasons why my friend.
@mandala100 (16585)
@poehere Hopefully my friend.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@mandala100 Let us hope.
@mandala100 (16585)
@poehere Yes my friend.
Some will never get a clue. Will others will catch on.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I don't think so. They haven't so far so what makes me think they will later on.
@poehere They might never catch on.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@jstory07 So sad, but true.
You're very right.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I just get tired that is why I finally said something.
And this have been going on for years. New comers think they can simply earn here quick and fast. They have no inkling how Mylot really works. Interaction is the key here. I'm not sure they'll ever learn at all, Mylot is not Bubblews!
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I really don't think they ca earn mush. I saw one bragging about posting so many posts in one day. I saw that on all of his posts he had only 2 or 3 comments. Nobody cares to read stuff like that. I just pass it by and find something more interesting to rea and comment on.
@poehere That's so true. I you look at the numbers next to my name, it's a lot but I don't have too many posted discussions. It's more of interaction. Though I don't really make a discussion, I interact a lot in other's discussions. But I try my best to post once a day because I also know that without a discussion, people here have nothing else to do, especially those who don't like posting their own discussions like me.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@toniganzon I too don't post a lot. I have more interactions than posting. I might do one a day, but today I did two. I can go long periods of time without one discussion and then I will do a few and stop again. It all depends on my time and the mood I am in.
They will get it soon enough. For those that don't, the site admin will deal with them.
Those who didn't get it actually already disappeared.
@toniganzon true. One of my favorite things about myLot is how the site is handled by its administrators.
@allen0187 True. What actually annoys me here is that people changing their profile pic and name (not the username though) from male to female. They think they'd get more interaction if they were a female? And they thought nobody would recognize.
Many will never get it and telling them over and over doesn't seem to help.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
Maybe we should drop a book on their head to teach them. This is what my 3rd grade teacher said to one of the students in my class. He just couldn't get it and kept asking the same question over and over again. She told him she would drop the book on his head so that he could learn. She never did it, but this stopped him for a few days.
@poehere If that teacher did drop that book - he/she would be looking for a new job I'm afraid.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@AbbyGreenhill Maybe in the US that one is for sure. However, here on the islands the teachers did some really mean things to kids in school. Years ago, they didn't have a lot of rules and teachers did hit the kids and make them stand in corners. In France the teachers had some rules but not like today.
JJ goes on about several about weekly. THey don't get it and don't care to read the guidelines or go by them if they did. They will get a clue when their account is deleted.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
He goes on about a lot of different things. I think it is a shame that people just can't get it here. I sort of get tired of seeing my discussion from followers filled up with only one name.
@poehere .....One name? That's weird.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@celticeagle Yes, one of the people who follow me has 8 posts in a roll and then maybe another follower has one. He has 3x's as many as anyone else. I sort of get tired of looking at that.
@else34 (13503)
• New Delhi, India
@poehere Right.When I was a newbie here,it took me a long time to understand how we can earn here.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I thought the sight was self explanatory. It didn't take long to figure it out. Less than an hour to see how it worked.
@else34 (13503)
• New Delhi, India
@poehere Exactly.It's so easy.All you have to understand is that we earn only when we receive a response,comment or a 'like.'As simple as that.I agree with you.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@else34 Thank you so much.
@dollaboy (6400)
Yeah you are right. They are not understanding this website properly
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
Too bad these people can't just sit back and enjoy the site. They don't need to post so much. They need to talk with us more. So when they do post we will see them and talk to them. This way we over look them and go on.
@dollaboy (6400)
@poehere exactly right Ann
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@dollaboy Hopefully soon.
@dodo19 (25673)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Some don't quite the grasp of things here. There are always going to be people like that, who don't take the time to browse and try and see how things work.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
They feel the more they post the more they gain.
@dodo19 (25673)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@poehere Exactly. But that's not how it works.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@dodo19 You're right.
@aju007 (1485)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Haha, You're absolutely right. I was an active member before and am opening mylot after a long time. There was always these kinds of people. May be mylot should make it mandatory to read the rules before posting,
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
That would be nice. But even then they can just skip down and accept without reading. I think what would be better is they need to read and answer to other posts like 30 before they can post their first one on the site. A lot of forums make people be there and just participate before they can post on the site.
@aju007 (1485)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
@poehere Yeah! maybe that will work out. They have to earn the provision to post new content by participating in active discussions.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@aju007 This is how a lot of forums are setup now.
I agree with you. It's not rocket science. No matter what site it is, we should read the rules, understand how it works and then sign up. And we try to help them and explain to them, but they come here acting like they own the place.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
This is true. Maybe a restriction on their account where they can only read and comment for the first two weeks would help a lot. They have to have so many comments before they can even post.
@poehere that's a great idea.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I agree that some members cannot get it.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
You are right. Too bad they just can follow others. It is so easy to get this site and make friends here.
@poehere I agree. I hope they can get the point now.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@Shavkat I doubt it very much. Still see the same old thing day in and day out.
@Asylum (45397)
• Manchester, England
The majority do seem to realise in time, but then get replaced by other newcomers who make the same mistakes.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I guess that is what we are seening now.
@Asylum (45397)
• Manchester, England
@poehere No doubt.
@renicemae (1388)
Because some people are just too lazy to read rules.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I think they don't quite grasp the language it is written in.
I used to leave comments suggesting what to do, but I noticed that almost nobody listen. If they do not care, why should I care after all?
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
I tried that too. After got sick of them not reading so I just started to report them to get them to stop.
@poehere I do the same, I report all the one liners who post twenty discussions one after another, all meaningless (or copied).
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
@LadyDuck I see one person on here. He has been here over a year now. He still does this. The only thing now he has learned. He writes 3 lines. All posts that nobody pays attention to at all.
It's not just newcomers..there are plenty of old posters who do that too. I think they just like to post. because they like the attention..and there is nothing necessarily wrong with that, but they may not get many responses.
@poehere (12015)
• French Polynesia
But some of the older members have been here a long time and they just need a way to get thing off their chest. Maybe not everyone will read it but it makes them feel good. They don't do one word discussion. they at least have a little moe to say.