Is it religion that is ruining us?

@amal06 (55)
Religious fanaticism is growing like weed and there are hardly any religious people who have not indulged in ridiculing other religions, other sects trying to prove their religion as the best. Isn't it ruining us morally? And if you are religious then isn't it making you ridicule god's creation?
@mandala100 (17176)
@amal06 One must learn how to distinguish between Spirituality and Religiosity my friend. Some people think that their religions is the only pathway to truth while all other religions are wrong.
I am a religious Jew and we do not ask people to join our religion. People see on their one that they want to join we. We do not pressure people to join Judaism just like we do not like people to pressure us. I am a proud Jew and do not want anyone trying to pressure me like I do not want to go to any other religion. I am Home and love what I was born as.
@seldom (2461)
• Albania
No fanaticism is of any good. It shoudl be avoided by any cost.
I believe in One true Almighty God Creator and King of the universe. And anyone that tells me that God is a myth is quite an imposition of their atheism upon me.
• Olney, Illinois
Then isn't you telling me your belief an imposition of your religiousness on me?
@JolietJake You are correct about recognizing my expression of my belief. But it's your imagination that I am imposing my faith upon you to believe, too. It's like telling you I like chocolates doesn't mean I impose it upon you to love it, too. Unless you like chocolates a lot.
• Olney, Illinois
@everwonderwhy Then how is someone stating they think God is a 'myth' 'imposing' on you? I'm not quite getting your logic here...
Religion is ridiculous. Biggest crock. Evolution is why we are here. Look at the facts. Sience proves it. Only people who are naive and illogical believe in religion.
• Olney, Illinois
What is 'Sience'? Is it a new kind of religion?
@bird123 (10265)
Life is the education of God's children. That's us all. Religion is a catalyst which brings so many of mankind's problems to the surface so they can be dealt with. After all, when you think you have God's backing you let nothing stop you. Yes, it creates so much Drama. You have to remember that this world isn't about having it made. It is about education. Seems most of the Real Learning comes around all that Drama. Perhaps, it should not be avoided so much. In a multilevel classroom such as the world we live in, there are those learning lessons we have already learned. For those of us who must watch, it is only a reminder of what the true answers really are. Personally, I simply try to point them in the right direction. After all, one's choice must always come from oneself. To attempt to control others will bring many lessons itself. I have found no religion that really understands God. Everyone is very capable of discovering the Truth for themselves. True Discover does not follow. One boldly ventures into undiscovered country to find it.
• Denmark
I could so do without the many religious posts on this site.
@Mrgana1 (160)
Religion is a freedom of worship. Religion is not running us but our mind sets and behaviors are the major factors responsible for insurgency. Virtually every book encourage peace.
Maybe, because all of us has different religion and beliefs so I think that is the reason why people ruining or arguing
@jaideemai (245)
• Thailand
I don't really think that the majority of religious people are ridiculing others, just the ones trying to change every one. I am a Buddhist and neither try to make others become like me or put down people who are not. Religion can be a scary place for sure!
I don't think so. It is the person ruining his life. I think it is the choice.
@NoorNoor (168)
I am a religious person. I respect all the people and their wishes.but I belive [And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart."(17:81) By quran.]
@ilocosboy (22135)
I think its not the religion but the people, sometimes they just used religion for their own purpose.
@mohit459 (831)
• Haldwani, India
Whatever religion we follow!! It's upto us we don't have to interfere in any other or comment on any other religions
@Paige32 (1075)
I think there will always be fanatics in every religion. This is something we can't change. However, those who truly know the truth will not believe they are superior or try to impose their religious views on others.