Budget Control

Thailand
I live on a small monthly income and it used to be very easy to find myself low on money at the end of the month. Now I use a very easy way to know what is going on with my budget. After paying my monthly bills I simply take what ever money is left and divide it by the number of days before the next allotment is due. For example if I have $1000 left I divide it by 30 and know I can spend $33 a day. If I go over or somehow am under than I just do the process over. So if I spend $40 and only have $960 then I divide it by 30 and know I have $32 left daily.
@mandala100 (17176)
@jaideemai Hi and welcome to myLot my friend. That's a good down to earth and practical approach to mathematical computation of one's budget limit my friend. I'll see you later on my friend.
@YrNemo (1450)
hang on, if you have $1000 left for the month and live in Thailand, then life couldn't be too hard there for you surely? (You have to educate us again of how expensive life over there for you these days...)
• Thailand
LOL! I was using $1000 as an example! But regardless, Thailand is a lot less expensive than the States!
@YrNemo (1450)
@spaceseed (2723)
good strategy
@millie02 (5658)
It is good that you know how to manage your money.
• Thailand
Now that I am not doing free lance writing, the money only comes in once a month so I do have to watch it!
@jaideemai Why did you give up freelance writing?
• Thailand
@marlina Nobody wants to pay anymore. More fun being expressive here!
I wish I made $1,000 a month. That's ok though, my system is simple. First pay bills then do that division you mentioned, of course thats done after I've bought groceries and gasoline for the month.
• Thailand
It is fairly simple once you get in the habit of calculating daily.
You only need to calculate daily if you spend daily, I don't @jaideemai
I salute you sir because of your knowledge and how to handle your budget for all expenses !
• Thailand
When I follow it, there is little problem, but if I decide that I need something major I must force myself to save for a few months. Like the next thing that I MUST buy is a new computer as this one, like me, is showing signs of arthritis! Good news is that I can get a state of the art AYER (top brand over here) for about US$350.
@jaideemai nice for you sir
@atoz1to10 (6902)
Very good that you know how to spend your money. Do you save any money at all?
• Thailand
I try, but not always too successful.
@atoz1to10 (6902)
@jaideemai Well, at least you try.. All the best and goodluck with your budgetting..
@peachpurple (1933)
you are doing a good budget control but $33 per day just for food or everything?
• Thailand
If I eat off the vendor carts or small food stalls I can by on about US$5 a day!
@Mrgana1 (160)
I suggest you also make little savings, in life it good you plan for unforsen challenges.
• Thailand
This is for sure! I usually manage to save a little for the "challenges"! Love how you worded that!
@Paige32 (1075)
This is quite creative and a good information. Thanks for this
@kiran8 (13994)
• Mangalore, India
That is a very wise strategy , you can go one step further and put a dollar away as savings since it would hardly make a difference but would accumulate to a considerable amount
@gauti2483 (347)
This plan are very good. It's not depend upon low budget salary, That's is good to your future
I have always been good at managing my money.
@ilocosboy (22135)
wow, that just great you can do budgeting. It's one of my biggest problem, I just can't do it, my hands always itchy to spend.
I usually do this. I need to compute monthly budget. It is a good way to track down expenses.