Are You A Perfectionist?

@mandala100 (16585)
Hong Kong
There are some people who are perfectionist: one who cannot accept anything short of high standard or perfection itself. There's also a saying that "nobody's perfect" and that "to err is human". There's even the lyrics of the song "Love Me For What I Am" by The Carpenters that say: "The picture of perfection Is only in your mind" What's you idea of perfection? Is the picture of perfection only in our mind and not possible in the real world? What areas of your life where you demands perfection? Are you a perfectionist? Image source: psychologytoday.com
@mohit459 (811)
• Haldwani, India
No, but my sis is!!
@mandala100 (16585)
@mohit459 Oh really my friend? In what way is your sister a perfectionist?
@mohit459 (811)
• Haldwani, India
@mandala100 in everything !! She wants everything to be perfect!! From his work to other's!!
@mandala100 (16585)
@mohit459 And what did you told her about her perfectionist style or thinking my friend?
@dodo19 (25673)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm definitely not a perfectionist. But I will try my best and that's all I can do. I have made mistakes, and know that I will continue to make them, as I'm not perfect. At the end of the day, all I can do is my best.
I am perfectionist only in a work-related situation. When I was still working in the hospital, I need to be perfect in treating patients.
@Shavkat, and you were right in doing your best care for your patients.
@marlina This what I learned from my mentors before. There is no space for mistakes if you are in the medical field.
@Shavkat However, lots of mistakes are being made every day.
No but I do like things as good as possible. I believe in the motto, always do your best.
@mandala100 (16585)
@TRBRocks420 That's right my friend and we really need to give our best on everything we do.
I have high expectations from the people that I hire. I hire them based on their qualification and I belie it's normal to have high expectations. But I don't believe I'm a perfectionist since I too make mistakes. But I do make sure I don't make the same mistake over and over again.
@mandala100 (16585)
@toniganzon Yes my friend almost everyone of us has high expectation.
I used to think the word perfectionist didn't apply to me. However, I have come to realize that there is one area of my life where I do strive for it - my writing. I know it isn't perfect, but I work hard at making it the very best I can. Now as to the rest of my life - not so much.
@alberello75 (9828)
• Genova, Italy
Perfection is represented by GOD Only God, is truly perfect for excellence! No human being is perfect. Everyone has their own merits, but also their own defects! Speaking for myself, I absolutely am not a perfectionist!
@kepweng (662)
i have known some people who is perfectionist but they fail in mistakes and change thier attitude
@mandala100 (16585)
@kepweng Yes and that's right my friend.
@Micmac (6233)
I don't consider myself as a perfectionist, I am only human. I try to improve in certain areas of my life to make the best of each day, accepting my failures along the way.
@mandala100 (16585)
@Micmac That's a good attitude my friend.
@ilocosboy (21962)
I'm not perfectionist simply because I believe there's no perfect among us.
@Misty08 (148)
Yes sometimes I am being a perfectionist. I wanted to do things well, free from errors. But I keep on reminding myself to settle on the good ones already, coz sometimes, I can't move on from what I'm doing anymore. I am stuck with one thing coz of this perfectionism issue.haha
@Gillygirl (14727)
• Sutton, England
I'm far from being a perfectionist as nothing is perfect. To strive for perfection is stress.
@dollaboy (6400)
No I'm not and I don't wanna be one
I am in no way "a perfectionist".
@ARIES1973 (9192)
• Legaspi, Philippines
When I do something, I want it to be of high quality. But it doesn't mean I am a perfectionist. I know I have a lot of imperfections so I don't expect anybody to be perfect.
@wongchoiyee (5355)
No I am not even perfect in my physical well-being, I think one should accept and be grateful for what he/she has.
@JeeyanDee (1199)
Used to be, but not anymore except in work and studies. I always have to give my 100% in those two aspects of my life, and nothing less.
In many ways I am depending on the task at hand.