Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
JOURNEY THROUGH THE BIBLE SONG OF SOLOMON Day 1 Song of Solomon 1:1 The song of songs, which is Solomon’s. 2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. 3 Because of the savor of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee. 4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. 5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon. 6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. 7 Tell me, O thou whom my soul loves, where thou feed, where thou make thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turns aside by the flocks of thy companions? 8 If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds’ tents. 9 I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh’s chariots. 10 Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold. 11 We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver. 12 While the king sits at his table, my spikenard sends forth the smell thereof. 13 A bundle of myrrh is my well beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts. 14 My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi. 15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves’ eyes. 16 Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green. 17 The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir. Song of Solomon is a love story filled with images that evoke the mind with the intimacy between husband and wife. Song of Solomon has also been called God’s love story with his people. As Christians, you’ve been told that God is love, and you are the bride of Christ. However, have you considered how much God loves you? Have you thought about your relationship to God as intimate? Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (KJV) Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, says the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: 15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, says the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Hosea 2:19 And I will betroth thee unto me forever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. 20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD. 2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. (KJV) Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he said unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said unto me, These are the true sayings of God. God loves you not only as his child, but also as a bride. He wants an intimate relationship with you. He wants you to know him fully. Solomon paints a picture of intimacy between husband and wife in the early days of marriage when love is new, when everything about the relationship is perfect. It is a time when you do not see any flaws, but everything about the husband and wife is perfect – handsome beyond comparison, beautiful beyond measure. In the early days of your relationship with Jesus Christ, everything is perfect. You spend as much time as you can in the Word, feasting on every promise, cherishing every word, longing to be with him every moment of every day. You want to be wherever Jesus is. Psalm 122:1 < I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. (KJV) Is your relationship with Jesus Christ intimate? Do you spend time with him in prayer and Bible study every day so you can know his heart? Do you hear his thoughts for you? Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Psalm 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. (KJV) Are your thoughts centered on God and his love for you? Consider how much God loves you. Can you love him any less? John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. As Christians, your life is bound up in Jesus Christ. He is your Bridegroom. He promises to take care of you all the days of your life, and when this life is over, he will take you to himself to be with him for eternity. A love that never ends. Let’s pray: Father, you have shown me how much you love me. You have said you are my husband, and seek a loving relationship with me. Help me be intimate with you, longing to be with you every moment of the day, loving you as you love me. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 13 August 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@LoriAMoore (12200)
And a marriage takes 3, husband, wife, and Jesus at the center to bind them together.
Yes it does.
So very true.@LoriMoore.
God shows you how he loves you each day in your life. God cares about each individual person.
Yes he does. It's comforting to know that.
@prashu228 (16293)
It is only through prayers we can be with him every moment
Yes it is.