If You Were To Write A Song

If you were to write a song, about what would you write? This was another assignment from the writing class I attended years ago. I have actually wrote a song. The title is: “ You Can’t Go Back” It’s all about the fact that you can’t go back and change the past. I wrote the music too. I write a lot of poetry about many subjects and any one of them COULD be fashioned into a song, I guess. You may not be a writer of poetry, but you may still have an idea for a song, that you would like to hear. Or you may BE a poet and write lots of poetry. Have you ever thought about writing a song? What would you write?
@1creekgirl (10707)
Years ago I wrote many songs, music and lyrics. They were mostly country music, but a few gospel songs also. It was good therapy for me and I've always loved to sing.
I would love to read some of your poetry You can hear me sing on youtube.com It's just ONE song that I had recorded one night at karaoke. It's not perfect, but it's not too bad for karaoke. Here's the link:
Alice Henry sings Crazy
@1creekgirl (10707)
@IreneVincent Great song, Alice! Have you recorded any others? How do you put a link to a youtube video?
@1creekgirl I know how to do it, but I'm not sure I know how to explain it to you. I first go to whatever I want to link and I copy the address. Then I paste it to my comment; or on to a Microsoft Word page, for future use.
https://
@dollaboy (6223)
No i haven't think about that. I'm not much into it
We all have things that we think about and those thoughts can expressed in a song.
@Tracy04 (10868)
I am still active writing, not often because of offline work as well. I wrote usually Gospel songs, ballad songs.
It seems that several persons on mylot have written songs. I think there must be a lot of talented persons. Have any of your songs been published?
@Tracy04 (10868)
@IreneVincent I try to promote some of my songs on youtube and in the internet, but so far not much views yet. I just let it there now.
@Tracy04 Did you listen to me sing a song on youtube? I didn't write it of course. Willie Nelson wrote it and Patsy Cline made it one of the most famous songs on earth. Here's the link:
Alice Henry sings Crazy
@lovebuglena (6552)
• Staten Island, New York
I write poetry and lyrics. Not sure exactly on the total number of lyrics I've written but there are over 300 for sure. Lots of them are about love, relationships, heartbreak. Who doesn't write about those?
That's great! Have you ever had some songs or poems published? I've had several of my poems published.
• Staten Island, New York
@IreneVincent I've had some poems published in anthologies. But pretty much everything I've written (poetry and lyrics) I published in my own books.
@lovebuglena That's great! So you have some books for sales somewhere???
@gauti2483 (609)
Nice you are doing so good job music is the part of life.. When I'll write any song then I choice romantic or motivational songs but now I can't know how to write a song
Those are very good subjects to write a song about. My favorite song is "Unchained Melody." Have you ever heard that song? It's very romantic. Look it up on youtube.com.
@IreneVincent yes I heared but only one time
@IreneVincent nice song
@mohit459 (11921)
• Haldwani, India
Yes I wrote a song !!! I will write about the fu#king world!!
@mohit459 (11921)
• Haldwani, India
@IreneVincent I will surely check it when I will be free!!
@UncleJoe (10303)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I've written several songs. Most were about Becky.
Please tell Becky "hello" for me. I will be back to Virginia Beach in October. I would still like to meet her and you. I think it would be so nice to actually meet someone from mylot.
@1creekgirl (10707)
After reading this, I posted a little song I wrote years ago.
I will check it out right away.
Nope, never thought about writing a song. I think it would be a children's song about sea otters since sea otters are my favorite animal.