Found His Twin

While on the boat ride taking us to Catalina, the kids whispered to me that some old guy over there had the exact same shirt their dad was wearing . Hubby didn't notice. When we arrived at the port, we made a stop near a souvenir shop. It was then Hubby noticed the older man wearing the same shirt as he did . That man noticed too and came up to Hubby. "You stole my luggage!" the man joked as he patted Hubby on the back. We all had a good laugh. It sure was the same blue Hawaiian print shirt . . . in fact they were both wearing creme colored shorts, and oh geez, they were both sporting the exact same white Nike shoes! We met his wife and their two teen grandkids, all who were round eyed as we were about the "the twins". After a lovely chat as we had to part ways, the men introduced themselves . . . turns out both of their names were similar, starting with an "R" ! Twins indeed ! Have you ever seen your twin before ?
Wow! What a wonderful story! Wherever I go in my travels, people tell me I look like so and so. We were once having dinner in Paris years ago on our first trip. The waitstaff thought my husband was Robert Duvall and treated him unbelievably. We never said a word. Lol!
The only time I got that was when I was on the ice during a public session - too many thought I was Kristi Yamaguchi or Michele Kwan and I don't look a thing like either of them . Oh my gosh I could totally see how they would think your husband was Robert Duvall . . . well that would have made you Mrs. Duvall !
@much2say I would think that being thought of as Kristi Yamaguchi or Michele Kwan while on the ice would be the ultimate compliment of all time!!!!! Wow! You must have impressed many with your figure skating!!! Lol! Mrs. Duvall!
@YrNemo (14768)
@much2say Would you by chance, look like Miki Ando then (or Yuna Kim)?
Holy smoly, I feel sorry for any twin I might have thankfully I haven't met one yet.
Oh if there were 2 of me, the world better watch out .
Sounds like you'd have a ton of fun if ya found yours @much2say
@rebelann I dunno . . . we'd probably get on each other's nerves .
• Denver, Colorado
No, but meeting a guy with the same shirt? You might just become buddy's for life!
They didn't exchange contact information . . . but they thought maybe they'd run into each other at the same clothing store sometime .
• Denver, Colorado
@much2say - I did once catch a guy with the same bike as me during a climb. We had a good conversation.
@teamfreak16 That's pretty cool - you already know you have common ground there. Surely you both enjoyed the bike and riding!
I haven't met my twin and I know this wasn't a serious kind of discussion but my aunt actually saw my twin in the state I was born and raised! She swore it was me ignoring her until I told her I was not up there. Lol. She spoke to the woman telling her I'm her twin!
Oh my gosh that is too funny! And your aunt actually talked to your "twin"? Wow, she must look very much like you - so much that even your own aunt thought it was indeed you!
@much2say Yes she talked to her! Lol. They say everyone has a twin in the world and I definitely believe it since that.
@LovingMyBabies If there is a twin of me out there, I'm scared .
Oh my, what a coincidence! No, I haven't met my twin yet.
It was quite hilarious! I think if 2 woman discovered they had the same clothing on, they'd stay far apart from each other as they can !
@much2say You are right about that one. At the big award shows some super star ladies take more than one outfits along - just in case.
@Kandae11 I've heard that! I know they wear expensive gowns - I suppose their back up outfits are just as expensive - just in case!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
As you know my twin is Stephen King! I have never ran into any who was wearing the same thing I was wearing.
Wouldn't it be funny if you actually met Stephen King face to face and he happened to be wearing the same thing you did? Hey, you are both writers . . . I have read he does have an older brother too!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@much2say That would be funny. I think I read that as well.
@RichardMeister Would you / have you ever written in his genre?
We all secretly have a twin somewhere.
Have you found yours? I have found people who look like they can be related to me . . . but never one that looked exactly like me!
@much2say Not yet but people said I looked like some back when I was in high school. :) Or when we played at another school for sports. Ha-ha.
@infatuatedbby I remember some of us Asian gals in high school looked nothing alike, but people would often mistake us from afar (we didn't look alike at all, but we were nearly the same height ).
@antonbunot (9729)
• Calgary, Alberta
I wonder if your hubby and the old man have also the same physical package?!
Well . . . I'm not gonna go there . . . I don't want to know how far this twin thing goes !!
• Calgary, Alberta
@much2say I LOL . . Just kidding. Anyway, I still have not met my "twin" . . . I thought I saw one (caricature of him above) shows he is not my twin coz he looks so different. (Image - courtesy of Pixabay).
@antonbunot Oh my gosh, is that Alfred J. (for Julito) Obama Newton?
@HazySue (23779)
No I haven't but that was certainly a funny event.
We couldn't stop talking about it afterwards . . . we had wondered if we would see him again on the island - maybe with another set of the same clothing .
@HazySue (23779)
@much2say It is funny. It is a once in a lifetime thing, I think.
@HazySue Probably so. I don't know what we'd do if we found another - triplets?
@vsai2008 (9889)
Haha that must have been fun, i am yet to meet my twin LOL
You never know who you might meet - where and when - or what they will be wearing .
@vsai2008 (9889)
@much2say Hahaha, after reading your discussion I think I too will wait for such surprises LOL
@vsai2008 I thought I saw my twin this morning, but it wasn't. I was looking in the mirror .
@Neiltarquin (1091)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
Wow that is creepy lol...
What a crazy coincidence, right?
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
@much2say Really!!! It's funny and creepy at the same time. All that plus Samest letter of names... that is about 1: 100000000
@Neiltarquin Seriously, we all just couldn't believe it . . . what are the chances?!
What a coincidence! It is not rare for two people that have not met before to wear same shirt or shorts,however they two wore the same from top to toe,even their names start with R too.It is a unforgettable happy encounter for they two.
There is one detail I did not mention in the post because it made the story too long. When packing, my husband forgot to bring his hat (for sun protection), so his plan was to go buy it on the island. Well this man we met had a hat on . . . if my husband remembered to wear his hat, it would have almost been the same style (the color was different though). Too many coincidences .
@much2say It was beyond belief, if you didn't see it with your own eyes.It seemed as if they two had conferred with each other about what they wore.
@changjiangzhibin89 Yes, it did! We did find out they did indeed shop at the same store (different location though) - obviously they had VERY similar tastes .
That is so cute!!! Our son is often mistaken for Toby McQuire of Spider Man fame. He just goes along with adults and children who really think that Spider Man is in the house.
Toby - those eyes! Oh your son must a handsome guy ! Anyone would be delighted to meet Spiderman .
@much2say He is the on top being hoisted by all his groomsmen on his wedding day. He is a nice-looking fellow.
@Corbin5 Oh my gosh!! Yes, he DOES look like Toby!! He is super cute!
@velvet53 (17720)
• Palisade, Colorado
That is hilarious. Who would of guessed they both had on almost identical clothing. Isn't it fun the way we meet people. Yes, I have a twin and we used to live about 15 miles apart. We weren't related at all but some people sure got us mixed up.
It was hilarious, but I think at the time my husband was a bit embarrassed . But it was nice chatting with a man . . . those common things do bring people together . Oh wow, how did you know this twin? Did you think you guys were really that alike?
@velvet53 (17720)
• Palisade, Colorado
@much2say It is still comical in its own way. How far apart do you all live? I met her at an auction and we became friends. I didn't think that we were that much alike but others did.
@YrNemo (14768)
When I was about 11 and was let loose by my strict parents, I was horrified meeting some neighbor who was a couple of years older than me, who had very similar facial structure and hairdo as me. I was disappointed OK, knowing that somewhere out there, there was someone who looked like me.
Oh wow, was it almost like looking in a mirror? Did you get to talk to this neighbor? I've met people who could very well be my relatives (similar facial features), but never one that I thought looked exactly like me.
@YrNemo (14768)
@much2say I felt so uncomfortable that I avoided that lady (she was a few years older than me!).
I did once. I gotten this lovely little blouse and wore it out to my job. I was astonished to see a gal in another department wearing the very same blouse. Same color and all. Enjoyed your post.
Oh my goodness! Did she notice too? Well good thing she was in another department! Aww, thanks @celticeagle .
@much2say .....I noticed first. Later we talked about it.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
When I had a beard; I was told by several people that I looked like somebody they knew. I even met one of my twins in real life.
I'll have to admit that I can think of a few men that do look similarly to other men I know with beards - and it's especially hard to differentiate when they are wearing sunglasses! Oh that must've been quite a meeting to see your "twin"!
That's funny my best friend is an identical twin.
Then for sure your best friend has seen their twin .
No there is no one out there that looks like me.
Are you sure? Apparently there are a lot of people out there that could at least look like they are related to me .
That would really get my eyes rolling
We all sure couldn't believe it - what are the chances of that happening!!