See anything good yesterday August 12?

Los Angeles, California
Saturday evening was devoted to watching the five episodes of a British-Irish series titled “My Mother and Other Strangers” which had been shown on PBS’s Masterpiece Theatre. The setting is October 1943 in a small village in Northern Ireland next to an American air base. The war is raging but the village is untouched as the bombs and threats are far removed and one Yank puts down the military age Irish “You aren’t even in the war” as a retort to the locals’ resentment of them. The story centers on the family owning the local pub in particular the English mother who feels as out of place there as the Yanks. This is rather a grim portrait of flawed people in an ugly backwater town which is more realistic than the usual picaresque flag waiving villages depicted in these types of stories. Did you go out Saturday night or relax in front of the tube?
• Olney, Illinois
Why yes, actually I did, and I was waiting for this today hoping I wouldn't forget...that seems to be a problem recently. I guess I did both, now that I think about it. I went out last night doing a sound gig, but yesterday afternoon I watched 'Gone Girl' which I thought was pretty good...but when I found out the name of the character Rosamund Pike was playing in it, I had to wonder if Ben Affleck was 'Chasing Amy'
I liked the book right up until the end. Then it ruined the whole thing for me. I haven't seen the movie.
Groan!!!
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I watched some Trailer Park Boys highlights on You Tube.
@dramagirl26 (3362)
• Ringgold, Virginia
Last night, I watched a movie called Fantastic Beasts and it was pretty good.
@LoriAMoore (12200)
The original Ghostbusters was on regular tv.
@Tracy04 (8451)
Saturday was kinda hell for me. Headache so much I slept at 9pm and woke up 7am. Thank God at Sunday I was feeling better after sleep.
@seldom (2481)
• Albania
Wow! You have such a unique taste. I never even heard about these things.
That sounds pretty interesting. I stayed in and watched a baseball game last night.
@xstitcher (9259)
• Petaluma, California
Not really anything great yesterday -- the thing that mainly stands out was an episode of Mystery Diners, where one of the waitresses was discovered to be destroying merchandise so that it would be blamed on two of her co workers, plus said waitress was posting bad reviews about the restaurant she was working at -- mainly complaints about the two co-workers she was trying to set up and pit against each other.
• Portland, Connecticut
Oh John, I bought an Amazon fire stick and I spent the entire evening watching bargain hunt on YouTube!!
I watched the movie "Interstellar" which is long and a bit confusing, but I read while watching TV and often do not get the gist.
@Hate2Iron (7165)
Last night we watched a David Bowie documentary. Love most of his music. There were a few pieces towards the end of his life that I couldn't wrap my head around, but if it helped him deal with his final days... that is all that counts!
I started watching Season 2 of Outlander. Jamie Fraser.
My big tv viewing last night was a Netflix movie Coffee Shop which reminded me of a basic Hallmark movie. It was entertaining and harmless but typical romantic boy meets girl they get off on the wrong foot etc