Do you like spiderwebs?

Italy
I'm wondering about bulldozing the spider houses I have in my room. I'm talking about cellar spiders, those with long legs, nothing to worry about. They're kinda cute, not furry, not as cute as the baby in the photo, but cute still. Some people think a spiderweb is dirty, or it makes a room dirty, but it's just the house of a fella. And spiders aren't insects! While butterflies are insects! Eww, insects. I don't like butterflies. Ladybugs are okay though, I like the badass bugs with the shield. Well, the question was... do you usually get rid of spiderwebs? Or are you into the Addams Family style?
• Lakewood, Colorado
Oh no you have another spider there in your room? No I hate those things.
@TiarasOceanView I must have at least two or three long legged ones. They don't bother me at all, especially when I switch the light off, can't see them.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sabtraversa I would still be worried with the light off.
@TiarasOceanView I bet they're more afraid of you than you being afraid of them. If I had one crawling on me, I'd probably hit it unwillingly.
• Denmark
Butterflies are becoming rarer and rarer because of the extensive use of pesticides. You should love them as long as we have them.
@MALUSE At least bees are useful, and they aren't at their best either lately. I just don't get all the love towards butterflies, they're only insects after all, like flies or mosquitoes.
• Denmark
@sabtraversa But they're beautiful!
@MALUSE Okay, maybe I can't really deny that.
I don't like spiders or their webs.
@Kandae11 Okay.
@Tracy04 (10696)
Unfortunately, you get rid of spiderwebs, tomorrow woot! They're there again
@Tracy04 That's true, maybe they're considered to be dirty because dust behaves the same way: you get rid of it but it comes back.
@Tracy04 (10696)
@sabtraversa and they made their webs at the exact same spot
@Tracy04 They think their web broke because of a huge prey they try to catch again by building a new web on the same spot... yes, they're smart.
I do not hurt those long legs spiders. I grab them by one leg and put them outside and then I remove their spiderwebs.
@LadyDuck Are you sure grabbing them by one leg doesn't hurt them? When I was a kid I used to rip out their legs.
@sabtraversa I am sure, because I get them gently and as soon as I put them outside, they run using all their legs. I have never hurt animals and insects, not even when I was a kid.
@sabtraversa Sure, you can bet that I trust you.
@OneOfMany (9189)
My jumping spiders don't make webs. They just walk around laying down a constant thread so if they jump off a wall, they are able to bungee jump back to safety. I had a little tiger striped one crawling on me today, and I offered it a ride on my phone and put it somewhere else. That was outside though, the ones inside are black and much bigger! Webs tend to meet the cleaner.
@OneOfMany I usually find the bungee jumpers outside too. Some make their webs horizontally so if I have to take the stairs, unless I decide to dance limbo, I have to break their thread. I spotted a few big black ones in the countryside (at home), those are kind of scary.
@OneOfMany (9189)
@sabtraversa I like the big black ones of the jumping spiders. I had one crawling on me once and put my hand out and it jumped onto it, happily accepting the ride I offered it. Then I put it on a nearby tree and we both went our separate ways.
@OneOfMany Hehe, that's nice. The bigger, the higher chances it can turn into a pet.
@PatZAnthony (11726)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We don't mind anything that is not poisonous @sabraversa Butterflies here are beautiful and we spotted several in our yard today.
@PatZAnthony Right, these spiders I have cause no harm, not even a bite. Butterflies are a little overrated, maybe that's why I don't like them, but some can be beautiful.
@PatZAnthony (11726)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@sabtraversa We love our butterflies and put out a mixture that encourages them to visit. Silly to some, but fun for us.
@PatZAnthony They're an added decoration, nothing wrong with that.
I love the web.this is art and no I do not get rid of them.
@amadeo I agree, thank you.
@sabtraversa thank you also.They are best in the morning with marvelous web. If I see one going to try and take a photo of it.Been awhile
You could get an and empty a match box, capture this little fella and transfer it to another place.
@Letranknight2015 Such as the cellar, they like dark cold humid places. Yes, my room is dark cold humid. The only problem is that the spiders I can see dwell right above my bed, if I attempt to make them fall, it's going to be hard to catch.
• Calgary, Alberta
I dont hate spiders but I get rid of spiderwebs in my house because it make my house looks inviting to lost spirits. I dont live in a haunted house so no spiderwebs for me. I catch the spiders and release them on bushes.
@CaptAlbertWhisker Spiderwebs are a must for a haunted house, that's true. It could be Halloween every day if you kept the webs there. And I love Halloween. Must be the reason why I'm reluctant at getting rid of them.
• Calgary, Alberta
@sabtraversa I use to have a pet Tarantula named Margaret..... My mom newspapered her while I was at school. :(
@CaptAlbertWhisker Sorry to hear. I like that verb, "newspapering".
@renicemae (2198)
I get rid of them when it got too many. But is also much better to look at when the room or house has no spiderwebs.
@renicemae I see. I had to sweep them away recently, but the next time is going to be after October the 31st, just to save a little on Halloween decorations.
@renicemae (2198)
@sabtraversa Nice idea. You can save up a little bit with that spider webs
I hate spiders period. I loved the Addams Family and now I know what you are talking about. Don't they have those kind of webs in old houses too?
@Hannihar Yes, taken care of as pieces of furniture.
@sabtraversa ok Sabrina.
@dgobucks226 (5871)
No I don't like spider webs. Usually I always run into the webs and its creepy and also annoying. Although the spiders are good at killing mosquitoes and other insects with their webs. So outside, I might leave them for a little while. Now ladybugs I do find to be a nuisance. I'm like a landing area for them
@dgobucks226 Spiders are good, indeed, if they could just build their houses elsewhere. Well, you're lucky. I mean, ladybugs are lucky charms. It doesn't sound like you feel really that lucky though.
@sabtraversa Ha, very astute observation on lady bugs. Although lucky as you say their timing needs work. Usually, spread their charm while I'm reading a book on the beach near my home in New Jersey (U.S). Wonder if it's an Italian thing My Father's side comes from a small town in Northern Italy.
@dollaboy (6337)
HAHA, I don't know if anyone likes them
@dollaboy I bet those who get them tattoed on their face like them.
@dollaboy (6337)
@sabtraversa haha you mean spider man
@SHOHANA (7074)
• Bangladesh
I think I don't like it , I often break the web inside my house
@SHOHANA We have the web removal tool (that kind of rounded broomstick that reaches the ceiling), I sometimes gotta use it when cleaning because I'm the only one liking spiderwebs but I'm not alone at home.
@SHOHANA (7074)
• Bangladesh
@sabtraversa so dear this is better to keep clean house inside, you can love them outside of home. I name you spider woman
• Marion, Kansas
Sounds like what we call "daddy long legs" their mouth parts are not big enough to bite. Spiders are fine, I want them to stay outside. I have webs until I remove them. Peppermint oil helps them stay away.
@GardenGerty Nice, I'll try to apply peppermint oil on the ceiling. And good to know they can't bite.
My husband loves spiderwebs! Even how they look! I'm also ok with them, but mostly because they eat the flies, ants etc. So these things and small lizards I just let them be.
@thehousewife Very glad to hear so! I just wish the spiders in my room started building their webs close to the window instead of the ceiling right above my bed, but still, they don't really bother me.
@YrNemo (7244)
I am short sighted, so whatever I don't see, could stay. (I don't often see spider webs, imagine that... )
@YrNemo I just choose to not see spiderwebs most of the time. Well, it helps you to focus on what is really important.
@Freelanzer (6392)
I have grown to appreciate spiderwebs - not inside but outside. As a gardener they help keep damaging insects and bugs from harming my plants.
@Freelanzer Yes, they're good dudes, who feed on what we despise.
@FayeHazel (10665)
I'm afraid of spiders ... even the little ones. Or the ones that jump!
@FayeHazel The ones you eat/swallow while you sleep, I see. Sowwy.