Looking Out My Living Room Window

@velvet53 (17406)
Palisade, Colorado
I have a great view of the mountains to the east of me and they are so inviting. Beings that I live on a busy street in this small town I see lots of things going on. There are cars, motorcycles, people walking or riding their bikes. The Post Office is on the corner just up from me and town is less than a block away. I have fun watching people and the things they do. I see a lot of couples, young and old, holding hands while they are walking. People walking their dogs which is a thrill to watch. The guy who lives a cross the street from me has two dogs that barks at every body and everything. He doesn't correct them. That is a shame cause it does get annoying at times. When people walk by with their dogs most of the dogs ignore the two barkers but every once in awhile there will be a dog that wants to have his say also. There is two things that bothers me about living here. A lot of people think they are on the freeway and really do a lot of speeding. What is strange is how fast they go by here cause the stop sign is less than a block from me. The second thing is that I can't wee much around me. There is a tall fence to the left of me that blocks out most of what is going on like on Sunday's at the Farmers Market. To the right part of the building I live in sticks out so that I can't even see the corner at all. Oh well, I will just have to be content with the mountains and the people going by.
Your place sounds just like where Mom lives here. There are two dogs across from her (she lives near a park and can see the mountains) but those two dogs bark all day long.
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
Sometimes I will open the door and call out to them. They know me pretty well. I have thought about making up some vinegar and giving it to their owner. I doubt if he would use it though. He will never be able to tell if someone is breaking in cause the dogs bark all the time so he wouldn't think any different.
@sugartoes (42558)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 that's really sad Mine bark but not at everything that moves but they DO bark to let me know something is going on. I've learned how to keen in on their barks & what they barking at. Like the trash man, the water man they have a certain bark I know then there's the bark when there's someone coming in the yard I know THEN there's one when they see the neighbor walking down the road with 3 dogs in 3 different pens next to each other they ALL have a different bark to what's going on (MY alarm system)
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes That kind of barking is not bad. Like you said, they are your alarm system. This guy wouldn't know if someone was stealing things out of his yard cause they bark at everything and every body.
@dollaboy (6153)
yeah me too like to spend time people pass by on cars and bikes
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
It is fun to watch them. I do get some good laughs too.
All the way around me I see woods.
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
I sure wish I could live like that again. We used to live in the country and could see so much. Maybe some day things will change for me.
I do dislike barking dogs and owners that don't teach them better. Speeders are not smart. A view of the mountains would be nice. I actually have three mountain ranges surrounding me. Rockies, Sawtooths and Owyhees.
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
There are two close to me. The one I can see is the Mesa. The other one that I can't see unless I go outside is the Bookcliffs.
@velvet53 .....Sounds interesting. We have the foothills here close too.
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
@celticeagle I do like to look at them and they are so pretty in the wintertime when they are covered with snow.
@sugartoes (42558)
• Greencastle, Indiana
hum? well it sounds good where your at but at the same time NOT as good that kinda makes me think you would rather be like in the woods where it's nice & quiet & peaceful OR maybe you'd like living where you are close to things.
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
Oh no, I would rather live in the woods but for right now I have to enjoy what beauty I can see. I sit here a lot working on the computer and doing other miscellaneous things so the scenery does help, what little I can see.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Looking at mountains sounds wonderful @velvet53 but most would understand why you would not like the fence.
@velvet53 (17406)
• Palisade, Colorado
The fence is old and leans a bit. It does block out a bunch. Maybe it will fall down some day and the landlord will put up a shorter one.