Bird Flu Scare

@ilocosboy (34325)
People don't want to have yummy friend chicken in the popular fastfood chain in the country. People don't want to buy chicken meat in the wet market. People don't want to have poultry processed products in their morning breakfast. Its all because of the bird flu scare in the Philippines. I heard from the news that around 1 million chicken need to disposed because they are allegedly infected with the said virus. The town where poultry raising done was under the state of calamity. The vendors who sells chicken meat and even the market don't have much customer to buy the meat. Of course the family just don't want to be infected with this disease of the chicken. Though the government sector is iterating that its safe to consume poultry meat but who can blame the people who don't want to buy chicken this. They prefer fishes, pork and vegetables. The economy is also being affected because of this scare. Oh my, I'm craving for some crunchy fried chicken.
@prashu228 (25811)
It's better not to eat chicken in such situations...
@ilocosboy (34325)
Yes, chicken meat can wait when the bird flu scare is gone.
That would be a disaster for me because chicken is our main diet in all kinds of ways.
@ilocosboy (34325)
Chicken is the second meat consumption next to pork in my country, in fact the news said we're bigger consumption than any asian countries. The virus really affected the economy.
This bird flu scare is already adversely affecting our economy. Heard from the news that this started last April but it was hidden from authorities.
@ilocosboy (34325)
and Secretary Piniol made a rush announcement about it that cause the situation worse. I heard that this bird flu are still speculations because there is no lab test result yet from Australia. It could be another poultry disease.
@ilocosboy (34325)
@allen0187 it is quickly roaming in the country now
@ilocosboy true. I'm staying clear from all poultry products until this matter is resolved.
But you do not have enough home raised chicken for you ilocosboy?
@ilocosboy (34325)
The incident was in region 3 and we are in region 1 and there's a big possibility and that the products are also being sold here. Yes, we have our own backyard chicken and I think this is enough for us now, no more buying now.
@ilocosboy Yes better to stick to your own fresh chickens.
@ilocosboy (34325)
@TiarasOceanView safe and tastier
I wouldn't buy it either if it's infected with bird flu. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
@ilocosboy (34325)
Yeah, if there's an issue of any disease that can infect us its better to be safe than buying it.
News like this makes me very happy that I eat no meat or fish.
@ilocosboy (34325)
Too bad for many people who can't miss fried chicken in their meal.
I'm sorry there is a bird flu scare in your country. I hope it will be gone soon.
@ilocosboy (34325)
we are really hoping it will gone soon.
@dollaboy (6232)
Please stay safe my fella
@ilocosboy (34325)
Thank you
It would be a very long time before I put chicken on my stove after that.
@ilocosboy (34325)
oh, but the alleged bird's flu is here in Philippines. it was believed that the migratory birds brought the virus here.
I don't blame people. H5N1 has a roughly 90% mortality rate.