where is the love & togetherness & support for 1 another?

@sugartoes (33955)
Greencastle, Indiana
Hello Everyone, well here it is another start of the week after a major upset over the weekend for Va rallies where 19 were viciously hurt & one killed for no reason. Folks I don't know where you stand on this, BUT ME I just don't get where Violence has a place in protest you can speak your mind & stand your ground, but to just get out of control & go over board to kill people? People that you don't know or have anything to do with just to get in the news or to make a name for yourself or to make a point that makes no sense. We need to think about our actions & responses towards one another in such places & support your values in other ways other than violence. The person that did this will not be supported in the action he took to take one persons life & hurt 19 others, he will spend time B-hind bars. I don't support hate crimes or anything that has anything to do with violence & hate within it, I support those that love 1 another & support each other & love our fellow man & God. I would like to hear your view point on what you support in your area & lets put a STOP to this kind of action across the nation for ALL. We all bleed the same red blood that's in us we have have a heart & feelings, but we DON'T have to act like animals that condone Violence.
Nationwide calls for peace included Indiana.
There will be always those who will believe that freedom of speech includes violence. That kind of thinking means authorities, in massive numbers, need to keep a very close eye on those who protest and remove those who start trouble, immediately. It seems that preparing to have a ton of police at the ready to nip the violence in the bud would help.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 your so right, sad to say but that makes me think about what will 10 yrs from now be like?
@sugartoes If the country does not get a handle on how to handle those supposed to be "peaceful" demonstrations, I expect things will get even worse.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 you got that right.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sadly peaceful protest does not seem to be happening anymore and on top of that you get the real crazies who want to make a name for themselves by killing and maiming. I have not seen anything like this in my place here. I donĀ“t go to protests.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView I don't know how old you are but back in MY day we use to be able to go to such things without worry & really have a lot of fun but those days are GONE. I do everything I can to avoid heavy crowds these days with all the off the wall stuff going on I don't like the idea of getting out among other people like I use to,
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sugartoes I am old enough to remember the anti war protests (Vietnam) when four peaceful student demonstrators at Kent State University in Ohio were murdered by Ohio National Guardsmen during a noon-time campus anti-war rally. This stuff has always been and is so sad.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView so your up in age like I am? I'm in my late 50's now & nor far from hitting 60.
Very sad to hear this and, prayers going out.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TRBRocks420 it just seems to get worse every time this kind of thing happens & now it's not over seas or other nations but RIGHT here in our states everywhere.
@sugartoes There has always been good and, bad, probably always will be until God comes back.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TRBRocks420 I hate to say I have to agree with you on that but your so right on that level it's really ful to know what 10 yrs will be like.
We are all the same inside and we are all part of the human race. Harming others no matter what the reason is just wrong.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jstory07 AMEN on that I DO agree.
@JasperTore (1175)
There are people who don't listen to others plea and cry. So when people mobilize to rally and demonstrate to voice out their opinion the violence in suppressing them always happen. People get mulled by police or get shot by fire hose.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JasperToreyeah but it don't make it right does it? people don't have to act the way they do.
@sugartoes It doesn't make it right. Violence should not be done in controlling the mass demonstration or rally. Police always bring their shields and bats so there is already intimidation before the two forces have a talk.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JasperTore what you want them to do stand there with smiles on their faces, they HAVE to come protected the way things are these days.
There is so much waste of life going on around the world. Too much to be honest.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sharon6345 it's just not what I ever expected in my yrs of how I looked at life in my older yrs & it's very spooky 4 sure.
@sugartoes I know that is one thing I worry about as I get older too.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sharon6345 yeah but you in a high rise where I'm in the neck of the woods.
It is a pity that 50 years or more from the peaceful marches that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. there is still a need for protesting and, worse of all, that in end this way.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marguicha yep it SURE is, I just hate to see what 10 yrs from NOW is gonna be like.
@SHOHANA (7111)
• Bangladesh
Nowadays its almost missing from this earth , there are few who cares for the needy people
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@SHOHANA that's what I'm seeing & feeling. & it really SHOWS with what the news is talking from the rallies in V A Saturday, it's heart breaking.
I heard about it and it's tragic. I don't know the reason behind the protest and rallies, but it always seems to be lately that violence is the outcome to any rallies or protests. I don't support either rallies or protests.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I hear ya I don't blame you I don't either.
@salonga (27969)
I am always against any form of Violence.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@salonga you & me both I believe in love & peace
@noni1959 (2594)
For me, the protesters that are violent are only using the protest as an excuse to be this way. I don't support it. They need to be taken down very fast at the beginning before more are hurt, killed, lose their belongings and so much damage.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@noni1959 I do agree there's NO sense in it
There is no common sense reason for the way some protests are now. They should be peaceful.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Susan2015 I TOTALLY agree with you
• Lithuania
Violence always shocking me. I never could understand how people can be so cruel.
@sugartoes (33955)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@lillywriter me either, it just blows my mind how people could have such demons in their blood & heart & could do the things I've heard them do.