Sores in the Mouth

@annierose (17417)
It has been 2 days that I am absent at work because of difficulty in my speaking and eating. Up to now, I have a sore in the mouth but it is not as painful as before. I have felt so weak. This is the only time that I got it for more than a week. Have you ever experienced having sores in the mouth? How do put an end to such nasty thing?
@magallon (17229)
Sores in the mouth really hurts. Did you tried to apply "tawas" or alum? That's what I use everytime I have sores in the mouth.
@annierose (17417)
@magallon My colleague also adviced me to put on tawas on the part affected but I don't know what it is. I have been using Daktarin but this time, Daktarin does not seem to help. Then, another friend of mine mentioned "tawas" again. He bought it for me and it is effective. I can talk and eat now.
@magallon (17229)
@annierose yeah, it is really effective. It hurts a little when you apply it but it is really effective.
@ridingbet (36588)
@magallon my friend, how are you? good to know you are back again.
@Neiltarquin (1111)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
I always do a quick gargle of a cup of luke warm water with 2 tablespoon of salt each before meals. This gets rid of the pain and eventually heals my sore throat.
@annierose (17417)
@Neiltarquin I do it too but I never thought it is done before meals. I do it after meals.
I have not but my cousin has some right now and can barely talk
@annierose (17417)
@Courtlynn I understand your cousin. It is really painful.
@annierose im sure it is.
@annierose (17417)
@Courtlynn Did your cousin apply any medications already?
@mandala100 (25012)
@annierose Yes my friend and its really painful and I hope that you will get well soon my friend.
@annierose (17417)
@mandala100 True. I wonder if it is because of my braces.
@annierose might be! I kept cutting my cheek with mine when i had them.
@annierose (17417)
@Courtlynn How long did you have your braces?
@skysnap (17583)
You may want to chew cumin seeds. That helps when you have mouth ulcer. So may help in this issue as well.
@annierose (17417)
@skysnap What is cumin seeds?
@skysnap (17583)
@annierose Check it on youtube they even have the method for the cumin seed stuff.
@annierose (17417)
@skysnap Oh, I checked it out in youtube. I am not sure if we have that here in our country.
@dgobucks226 (6098)
Yes I have. Burnt my mouth on hot pizza. The pharmacist recommended Chloraseptic lozenges which worked like a charm. It might numb and sooth your condition?
@annierose (17417)
@dgobucks226 I haven't tried it yet. Good that it works well for you.
@annierose Have you had mouth sores before or is this the first time? You might also try an over the counter rinse. I've used Peroxyl which is an antiseptic rinse?
@annierose (17417)
@dgobucks226 I had mouth sores before. I usually get it after my ortho adjustment.
@ridingbet (36588)
could it be what we call (during elementary and high school years) wind burn? are the sores at the edge/corners of your lips? it is not the 'singaw' thingy, right?
@annierose (17417)
@ridingbet Yes, it is what we called "singaw" in tagalog. It was on the tip of my tongue so it prevented me from eating and speaking.
@ridingbet (36588)
@annierose so it is not the wind burn. maybe an ointment Daktarin should soothe the pain? or drinking some cold liquids?
@annierose (17417)
@ridingbet I used Daktarin before and it was effective, but the sores I had before couldn't get cured by Daktarin anymore. A friend then told me to use tawas instead to dry the sores.
@Tracy04 (10696)
We usually take fishermen's friend lemon flavour or drink a lemon + water.
@annierose (17417)
@Tracy04 It is the first time that I have heard of that. How effective is it?
@Tracy04 (10696)
@annierose it's quite effective if you really don't eat any that triggers more of the sores such as chilli, eggs, salted fish, soy sauce.... The lemon if mentioned is the yellow lemon one.
My dad used to have that problem. He bought Lysine, and stopped having the sores (his doctor recommended it). It's with the vitamins if you are interested.
@annierose (17417)
@AmbiePam I wonder if it is available in the Philippines. I will ask my dentist on my next ortho adjustment.
@hereandthere (23169)
i used to get them when i would accidentally bite the insides of my mouth. i hope the tawa/alum accelerates the healing.
@annierose (17417)
@hereandthere The tawas is very effective. It is the first time that I used it.
I have not ever had this. Hope you feel better and maybe get it checked out by a doctor?
@annierose (17417)
@maezee I am fine now. Thank you maezee! Haven't checked it with a doctor. It looks like mouth sores is not seen as something very serious in my place.