Is eating non veg is sin?

By Noor
@NoorNoor (550)
. Indeed, a large number of people consider the consumption of meat and other non-vegetarian products to be a violation of animal rights.so is it sin??
@hereandthere (25818)
i guess it depends on your religion. "In Jainism, vegetarianism is mandatory for everyone; in Hinduism and Mahayana Buddhism, it is advocated by some influential scriptures and religious authorities." source:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search A vegetarian thali from Rajasthan, India. Since many Indian religions promote vegetarianism, Indian cuisine offers a wide variety of vegetarian delicacies Vegetarianism is strongly linked wi
@NoorNoor (550)
Thank you for this link.I am also heard about jainism's diet and hinduism and buddhism's diet.
@cacay1 (32383)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@hereandthere , agree with you.It is also based on man's religion.
@NoorNoor (550)
@cacay1 yes.
@louievill (17102)
Sin is more based on people's beliefs and religion. I think it's all part of the natural, scientific food chain cycle, I think its only bad to eat anything or something if you have a condition that would be aggravated. Would lions, Tigers, crocodiles, etc... Be sinning if they ate people? no because it's part of the natural food cycle.
@NoorNoor (550)
Well said.but some people of india dont agree with that.
@pitstop (5370)
Sin is usually a religious thing and if your religion says something then it probably is if you believe in your religion and are religious. I eat non veg and don't consider it a sin.
@NoorNoor (550)
Ok.thanks for sharing this.and my religion islam allows me to take non veg.
@NoorNoor i think what's not allowed in your religion is pork, right?
@NoorNoor (550)
@hereandthere yes pork is not allowed.and According to the Quran, the only foods explicitly forbidden are meat from animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than God (either undedicated or dedicated to idols). All vegetarian cuisine are halal and allowed for Muslims.
@nomus24g (18221)
not really...
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes.thanks
@cacay1 (32383)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@nomus24g , exactly, it is not a crime to butcher lawful animals to be consumed by humans.
@NoorNoor (550)
@cacay1 ofcourse.This is only for our need.
• Olney, Illinois
How could it be a 'sin'? Wouldn't that be based on a personal religious doctrine?
@NoorNoor (550)
No it is not a sin.but some of the indians believe" eating non veg is a sin".
@mandala100 (28122)
@NoorNoor The answer will have a bearing on how we define the word "sin" and I think for whose "religious point of view" you are coming from my friend.
@NoorNoor (550)
if we can able to define at anything then there is no" problem ".Beyond the religious point of view we can say what is good to eat and what is bad.As I am a student of nutrition and dietetics Islam is the religion which gives a very best diet.
@mandala100 (28122)
@NoorNoor What does Islam teach about food and nutrition/diets my friend? Thank you.
@resukill22 (4834)
For me it defends on what are you beliefs
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes.but I am not used to blindly believe.
@NoorNoor what do you mean?
@NoorNoor (550)
@resukill22 I mean Humans have Omnivorous set of teeth so they can take both veg and non veg but some animals dont have. Tiger could not digest plant whereas cow could not digest animal food.that's what I mean.if my religion says,dont take non veg,then ther is no point.I dont need to follow blindly.
@mohit459 (4897)
• Haldwani, India
I don't think so !! And I don't even agree with it!!
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes.I too dont agree with that.
@mohit459 (4897)
• Haldwani, India
@NoorNoor hi-fi
@SHOHANA (7102)
• Bangladesh
Obviously not even eating some non veg is forbidden according to religious views
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes.some of non veg is forbidden which is not good for human health.
I do suppose that those who follow certain religions may be sinning if animals are eaten for food. In other religions, it is not a sin to eat the flesh of innocent creatures. For me, I am a vegetarian because I do not want to be party to cruel slaughter practices.
@NoorNoor (550)
All non veg is not good for health as you must know.Religion banned it.Religion allows non veg which is good for health.if you dont want to be party to cruel slaughter practices then why are a party to cruel slaughter practices of plants?? universal truth is PlANT too has a life.Today science tells us that even plants can feel pain. But the cry of the plant cannot be heard by the human being. This is due to the inability of the human ear to hear sounds that are not in the audible range i.e. 20 Hertz to 20,000 Hertz. Anything below and above this range cannot be heard by a human being. A dog can hear up to 40,00 Hertz. Thus there are silent dog whistles that have a frequency of more than 20,000 Hertz and less than 40,000 Hertz. These whistles are only heard by dogs and not by human beings. The dog recognizes the masters whistle and comes to the master. There was research done by a farmer in U.S.A. who invented an instrument which converted the cry of the plant so that it could be heard by human beings. He was able to realize immediately when the plant itself cried for water. Latest researches show that the plants can even feel happy and sad. It can also cry.
• Preston, England
no, it is a choice and a preference for many like me and for those with limited culinary skills, or nutritional knowledge not adding meat to their diets could cause them problems
@NoorNoor (550)
yes..I am too agree with you.
NOT in my country, we are free to eat what we like and it's not a sin eating animals.
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes.This is good to hear.
@Tierkreisze (1341)
Let me ask, does it make you feel sad to eat animals and their produce?
@NoorNoor (550)
No.let me ask, does it make you feel sad to eat plants and their produce? They also have life.
@Neiltarquin (1097)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
If this is wrong, I don't want to be right anymore..... Seriously, I do respect people who have high regard with animal welfare. Especially if it is a religious belief.
@NoorNoor (550)
This is not sin unless taking pork,animals blood,animals that die of themselves...
@m_audrey6788 (13917)
I do not think so..What is bad is killing an animal without a purpose or in a brutal way..People must know how to differentiate a PET and animals that is for in time to be processed properly..
@NoorNoor (550)
yes. you are right.If people know how to differentiate pet and animals then there is no questions.and I believe God has created the earth and its wondrous flora and fauna for the benefit of mankind.
@NoorNoor ..Agree
@saiama ...Who is Flora and Fauna?
@kobesbuddy (27641)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NoorNoor No, this is not a sin! God provided us with certain animals, for the consumption of meat.
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes.that's what I wanted to hear from mylotters!!
@kobesbuddy (27641)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NoorNoor Push the religious fanaticism out the door, lock it, and then throw the key away!:( Good job!
@kepweng (7337)
i want more to eat red meat and raw fish than veggies and fruits its healty for me
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes....I too want.i think you can cook the fish which is better than "taking raw".
No, it is not a sin. God created animals for consumption.
@NoorNoor (550)
Ok.Thanks for comment.
In the USA it is not a sin.
@NoorNoor (550)
Good.Thank you
@Kahl39 (1092)
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
It is absurd to think that consumption of meat or other non-vegetarian food is a sin. For as long as the food is edible and considered food for the mouth I guess it is alright. I don't judge though those who don't eat what others do.
@NoorNoor (550)
Yes...I respect your opinion.