Totally Bummed

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Okay, I don't know why my medication couldn't last a few more days, but it didn't. I have my infusion for my colitis on Thursday. I get it once every 8 weeks. However, it didn't last as long as it should have and I had a major flareup yesterday. What that means is that I won't be going to the pool until the new dosage takes affect and everything calms down again. I am not a happy camper and can't wait for the new dosage so I can get back to the pool. I shouldn't be surprised it didn't last as I've had so much trouble with medication for this, having changed meds several times already to find what works. This is the only one that works for me. The others have no effect on it, or cause serious side affects. So now I wait it out and hope it takes affect right away so I can get back to the pool. My membership is also due. Hard to believe it's been a year already that I've been enjoying the pool and the friends I've made there. Well that's my news for today. I'm off now to try and get some book work done, or watch some television, or both. I hope your day has been good. Thanks for reading.
That's a shame that you don't have enough meds to last until Thursday. I can't believe it's been a year since you joined the pool! I remember when you did. Time is zipping by!
Yes it is. I think it might be me. My body just doesn't like medication, so it's no surprise that this dose didn't last the full 8 weeks. I think I'm going to talk to the doctor to find out if they can make the dosage a bit stronger so it will last. I don't know if they can, but it's worth a shot.
@just4him Good luck. That may do the trick. So you were taking more of the meds than specified?
@DianneN No, it's an infusion - IV that I get every eight weeks. I called the doctor this morning to see if it's possible to up the dosage. I'm waiting for the callback from the nurse.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sorry to hear this Valerie..its always something dear friend. Hope the day is kind as can be to you.
Yes, it's always something. Thank you. It's been a lazy day for me.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I'm sorry you're having issues with it.
Thank you. It will right itself on Thursday.
@just4him thats good!
Hope you can make it until Thursday for your medication. It's frustrating when you need it and have to wait
I will make it, no problem. It just derails the fun things in my life.
Well, glad that Thursday will be the day for your medicine to bring you some relief. Too hot and humid out there today.
I had to go out and pick up my meds for my osteoporosis, it didn't feel too bad here. Must be worse by you. I'm very happy Thursday is only two days away.
@HazySue (15184)
You would thin that 5they would be able4 to develop a medication hat would last long than that. I am sorry to hear that you are in pain once more. Maybe you can lose yourself in your writing. I do hope you feel better soon.
I'm in no pain whatsoever. But it is just a nuisance to deal with. I've lost myself in a couple movies this afternoon, and I'll write later.
@HazySue (15184)
@just4him I am glad you are not in pain. Enjoy the movies.
@HazySue Thank you. I watched two on Netflix. One was not that great. The other was okay. Then I got wrapped up in a wonderful classic.
@vandana7 (55231)
You have ulcerative colitis?
Yes. Not fun. I've had it for two years.
@vandana7 (55231)
@just4him ..Aw...hugs..so..do you still work or have left job..
@vandana7 I've been retired for two years now.
@Teep11 (6259)
I'm praying that there is healing. There certainly is hope and simply trying to keep a positive attitude and hope all do the same. Well now, have a glorious day, that's what I'm trying to do.
Thank you very much for your prayers. They are appreciated. I'm doing my best to have a positive attitude. I hope your day is wonderful and full of God's blessings.
@sugartoes (31071)
• Greencastle, Indiana
sorry to hear your having a bad week & can't get to the pool hope everything gets back to normal & you can enjoy life again.
I hope so too, thank you.
I'm sorry that your colitis has flared up. That must be so annoying.
It is. Thank you.
@dgobucks226 (3784)
I can be so difficult when medications are not effective enough. Hope you are back to good health soon.
Thank you. Thursday is just two long days away.
I'm sorry your medicine didn't last. I hope it helps again soon.
It will and then everything will be okay again. It's always something with this colitis.
@kobesbuddy (6348)
@just4him Oh, no! I had a bout with Celiac disease this past week, which does pretty much the same thing. It's impossible for me to make any plans, unless I can bring clean clothes, and a toilet along!:( My friend Marilyn wanted to go to the antique show, down at Tawas City Park over the weekend. I was too embarrassed to call her back:(
I totally understand. So I've been bummed and watching one stupid and one decent romance movie this afternoon. Now I'm back here for a little while, but I also need to get some work done on a book. I don't like to write when I'm bummed. The story doesn't go well when I am.
@just4him When I'm feeling horrible, I don't even try to write. Usually, the words sway towards negative, rather than positive thoughts to uplift others.
@kobesbuddy Yes and I end up doing things that I need to fix later. I once killed the main character in the story, but I was able to bring him back to life in a completely feasible way. It also added to the book in a positive way.
@sueznewz2 (8745)
• Alicante, Spain
I jope you get get your new meds and they settle things down again.. so you'll soon be back in the pool....
I had the infusion yesterday, and I should be back in the pool on Monday. It usually takes a couple days for it to take affect.
@sueznewz2 (8745)
• Alicante, Spain
@just4him good... I hope you are able to swim on monday...
@sueznewz2 Thank you. I hope so too.
@resukill22 (2962)
Wait for your medication so you will enjoy and no doubts in swimming on the pool
I will have the infusion tomorrow. Then I should be back in the pool on Monday.
@just4him thats good ma'am. Hope you will in good condition now.
@resukill22 I should be. I had it this morning.
@Genipher (4795)
What is the "infusion" that you mentioned? My grandma suffers from UC and has had a bad flare up for about 8 months straight. The doctor keeps changing her meds but they don't seem to help.
I'm on Remicade.
@Genipher (4795)
@just4him Mentioned it to grandma, today. She said she had just discussed infusions with her doctor yesterday...but she says it'll be a last resort.
@Genipher It usually is. It was for me. None of the prescription meds worked for me.
@mandala100 (23281)
@just4him I hope and pray that you'll always feel better my friend.
Thank you.
@mandala100 (23281)
@just4him You're welcome my friend.
@vsai2008 (6724)
Sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. I'll be fine after tomorrow when I get the infusion.
@spaceseed (2932)
My good wishes for future
Thank you.
Are you taking anything to ease the symptoms while you wait.?
There's nothing I can take.