Taken Care Of, Grown Kids, That Won't Work

@TLilly15 (1454)
Newport News, Virginia
I can't understand this woman, who gives her grown son, everything he drinks all of the time, bums off of everybody, refuses to go out here, and work or keep a job and this woman's step daughter, her teen age son is lazy, and won't do anything I can' have a house, full of lazy males who refuse, to do anything but they want you to give them, money all of the time without them, having to work for anything what I can't understand is, why do these woman have males, who don't want to go out here, and earn their own money,my son has 3 jobs and he takes care of himself,I use to do for him but now, that he is grown and he does everything for himself, and that is the way it is suppose to be.
When my children are grown they will be getting jobs or going to school full time. If they are in college or a trade school I wouldn't mind helping but they aren't going to sit around and do nothing.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
When my son dropped, out of High school, he was sent to go the job Corp, now he has 3 jobs and he is doing for himself now
@TLilly15 That's good!
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
@LovingMyBabies I don't mind helping people, who are trying hard, to do things for themselves.
Well , I do know a mom that gives her son everything and he doesn't work and she takes care of things just to keep him around.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
I can't see my self, taken care of a grown man, just to keep him around.
@TLilly15 I wouldn't have believed it either, but she says as long as her kids need help she will always help them.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
@CookieMonster46 I will help my son somethings, if he needs but not all of the time.
My maternal grandparents were like that to all of their children. Fortunately my mom was different among her siblings and she became successful with her life. But the rest, it was my grandparents who took care of them, even the grandchildren and the grandchildren's husbands and wives! I can't understand my grandparents at all!
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
Wow the is really strange.
@TLilly15 In this country, it's normal for parents to support their children even when they're old enough to have a job. In fact it is stated in our civil code that parents have financial obligation over their children, even adult children who have no means of living.
@prashu228 (25811)
Hope the parents or his mom realize this first
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
This mom gives her grown son, what ever he wants, and this man is married, and left his wife because he like to get drunk all of the time.
@KrauseHome (35034)
The problem is: How a person is usually treated as in are they made and taught to work, or bailed out at the least little whim instead? To me, this is not Good mothering, and should not be allowed unless they are paying most of something and much more would either break them or give them too much Freedom again. So I would think unless the children are done this with due to the kids having Special needs, Special need kids usually can do a lot if you learn to let them.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
I do not understand what you are saying,I am talking about a grown man, who do not have special needs, and he likes to get drunk, all of the time and his mother, gives him everything that he wants, this to me is a sorry mother.
I hope these people are not asking you for money. If not I guess you really have it better than you think. That would be her problem to worry about.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
No this man is not, asking me for money, because I wouldn't give it to him anyway, he has his mother to take care of him, he has borrowed money, from this man but he never, paid him back.
• Richfield, Utah
I teach my kids self reliance according to thier own talents and personality. I look at it as mommy aint gonna live forever, so you're going to have to live on your own! Mommy has a life too ya know. We love ya, and always will, but birds have got to fly the nest.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
Yes you are right, I like the way you said this.
Some people need a little tough love, it hurts to apply but it does more good than harm. It has also got to be done when they are young, Teaching responsibility is one of the hardest things to do.
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
I told my son, he could not live off of me.
@kepweng (14747)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
yeah its hard to have a kids and when they grow up they dont work just depending in thier parents
@TLilly15 (1454)
• Newport News, Virginia
I have a niece, that won't work she thinks, everyone in our family is suppose to, take care of her well she is not my kid, because I taught my son to work, and he is doing a great job at that, if you want something you have to go after it.