It has been one of those days

We are going away in a few days and the last few days I have been having issues with my gums. I had pain but that went away, but now one area seems to be swollen. I called the dentist this morning - before they were open - and left a message. The hygienist called me back and told me to be there at 10:15. When I got there I was told they are going to be longer than expected with a previous patient. She told me to go home and she will call me. So now I am home and I have to wait for her call. I'm in the state of limbo! Hope your day is going better than mine! Photo from Pixabay
Oh NO! This is the curse of the swollen gums. If I remember well it happened also the last time you had to go away for some days. Good luck for your appointment.
Exactly - I'm beginning to get paranoid! By the time she called back there is no swelling, so the new plan is if it swells again I'll call her in the am and we'll go from there. Right now all is well.
@AbbyGreenhill Let's hope it's over and you can enjoy your trip and short vacation.
@LadyDuck Thanks, it feels ok and I have no fever, so no infection.
@LeaPea2417 (12803)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Oh goodness, well, I hope once they see you, all will be well with your gum.
Magic cure...it is fine so we will wait until tomorrow and see how it is. She can get him in, they both only live a few mins. away from the office.
@HazySue (15276)
I hate when that happens. I hope you don't have to wait long. I'm sorry to hear about the swollen gums, that can't be pleasant.
I have lots of bone loss, therefore, gum issues. I've been fine for 2 1/2 months...oh well.
@HazySue (15276)
@AbbyGreenhill what a time for this to happen.
@HazySue She didn't call me back until after 12 and the swelling really is gone..so the plan is if it swells up again I will call her in the morning and we will go from there. Right now it's fine!
I do not like being in a state of limbo! One just has to sit there and wait. I do not wait well at all. Hope you get that call soon!
The call came and I decided to see how it was this am and it's fine. I think I'll leave well enough along!
@AbbyGreenhill My dentist, from China, has me use salt rubbed on the swollen area to reduce the swelling. It works, as does warm salt water.
@Corbin5 That is part of my ritual when it is infected. I've gargled more salt water than I need to rememer!
@dgobucks226 (3905)
Do you think it is due to a root canal or other type infection. Sometimes you can just scratch the area eating something and it gets sore and swollen. I had that happen to me.
I have severe bone loss which causes the gums to be a breeding ground for food ..I have a huge procedure I follow every day to help this situation. About 4 or 5 times in a year I get an infection no matter how much time I spend 'cleaning' those areas. Usually the dentist digs down to my feet (or at least it feels that way) then it takes a few days for that pain to go away. Since I am not in pain now and the swelling is down I'll wait it out
@AbbyGreenhill Appreciate your sharing. Does the dentist give you any pain medicine when it flares up while awaiting an appointment? I had bone loss which cost me a tooth.
@dgobucks226 I have bone loss and when it gets infected that means more bone loss. Normally they see me asap - but they had a a booked day. It's fine now. No pain meds, antibiotics.
Oh no. I hope you can get seen very soon and it goes away.
It is fine no swelling, we'll see in the am how it is.
@AbbyGreenhill thought onw part was swollen?
@Courtlynn Swelling was only in one area, rear of the mouth. It is ok now.
@Oshobu (649)
• Nigeria
Oh. How much it would hurt you, having pain in the gums... I hope it heal up quickly...
I have had this issue for several years now and it's part of my life!
@Oshobu (649)
• Nigeria
@AbbyGreenhill That's kind of bad... Sorry for that...
@poehere (15980)
• French Polynesia
Have fun and see you when you return. Hope your mouth is feeling better. Sure would hate to see this ruin your good time.
All is well, trip isn't for a few days yet.
@poehere (15980)
• French Polynesia
@AbbyGreenhill Glad to hear that. Enjoy.
• Pamplona, Spain
I might clear up and you will be able to go away like you want to. Good luck and I hope it has gone by now.
Oh we will be going, no problem there.
• Pamplona, Spain
@AbbyGreenhill Oh, so you managed to get it seen to and that way you can go with no aching gums.
• Eugene, Oregon
What bad timing for that flare-up! I hope they get you in.
The swelling is down so we decided to let it ride for now, no pain all is well.
• Eugene, Oregon
@AbbyGreenhill Very good news!
• Lakewood, Colorado
How is it today and did you get in to see them Abby?
We decided to wait a day - there is no swelling and if he starts digging around he could make it swell LOL!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@AbbyGreenhill Yes I understand that Abby.
@dodo19 (26696)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your gums. Hopefully, they called you back and you have something set up.
It was determined that we will let it go for now. The swelling went down and no need digging around in there to cause me pain LOL!
@Xiasses (329)
It is really vital to have a regular dental check-up. In your case, you are having issues to your gums. If necessary, it must be treated immediately. I hope for a fast treatment to come for you before it will become serious.
I go to the dentist about 5-7 times a year.
@YrNemo (4091)
So far so good, I turned off all the phones so that I wouldn't be bugged by anyone today...
LOL, I ignore the phone most of the time.
Did you get a call back yet? I hope so!
Yes, and since the swelling is down we are letting it go for now. I have no pain so why dig around in there!
I'm sorry, I hope they call soon so you can feel better.
Thanks, no swelling so we're waiting until the am to see how it is.
I hope you get the problem resolved before you go away. I am hoping you can still have a great time away!
Thanks....my husband hopes so too LOL!
I do hope you get this cleared up there.Bummer
Thanks, it never fails something happens right before we are to do away.
Yikes, I hate those kinds of things! Good Luck!
They only work Mon,Tue,Wed....that's why I had to finally make the decision to call.
Mine morning is hurry, hurry and hurry.
Moring turned to a beautiful pool time, which now turned to rain and storms...but my gums are fine.