I Am Amazed at the Creativity of Humans Sometimes

Humans are so creative when it comes to the cruelty and torture they devise to terrify innocent creatures.  Of course, every country in the world deserves to be chastised for animal abuse. The type of abuse varies from country to country, but abuse it is. For example, the folks in a small town in Spain, village of Medinaceli, delight in the Joy of the Bull festival or Toro Jublio festival. Toro Jublio has residents looking forward to the strapping of burning boards to the horns of a bull. The crowd cheers wildly at the sight of the terrorized bull. There will never be peace in this world of ours if humans continue to abuse the most innocent of creatures on this earth. "If you have men who will exclude ANY of God's creatures from shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men." St. Francis of Assisi
• Uzbekistan
Sadly, there are also other cruel pastimes involving animals in Spain.
I think we all need to be suspect and steer clear of those who levy this type of cruelty and those who delight in viewing it.
It is horrible what people will do to animals in the name of sport.
Boggles my mind how anyone in their right mind could do this to an animal, and how anyone could watch it and delight in the suffering.
@sueznewz2 (10162)
• Alicante, Spain
@Corbin5 me too ... so sad.. so un necessary...
Cruelty goes way way back. Ancient Romans were cruel as were the Mayans. I wish our society were primarily made of of people like us who actually care about our planet and do not cause unnecessary harm ..... sometimes we don't mean to but we harm our pets by trying to protect them.
I agree. Serial killers are well known for abusing and killing animals as kids, Richard Speck, Ted Bundy, The Son of Sam, Jeffery Dahmer, The Boston Strangler and many more tortured and killed animals before doing so to humans.
I have to wonder if their mothers simply looked the other way rather than let a doctor know their son was abusive @Corbin5
@rebelann Yes, I suppose their mothers excused that behavior or were so overwhelmed in dealing with a child that was broken in some way that help was not sought for the child.
Spain is not a "civilized" country for what concerns animal abuse, I hate when they do things like this one.
I am in awe that people who delight in this horror. Not people with whom we would want to keep company.
@Corbin5 I was disgusted when I have read the news about this Spanish Festival. They should also ban the Palio di Siena in Italy, it is too dangerous for the horses.
@sueznewz2 (10162)
• Alicante, Spain
I agree.... @LadyDuck....
yes,but that is Spain
@Corbin5 you got that right.It is terrible how they are treated
@amadeo So true, my friend. Football player, Michael Vick, said that dog fighting was part of his culture. Not a good excuse for torturing dogs, Mr. Vick.
@Corbin5 part of his culture.Do not think so.
I had known they have the torture of "running of the bulls" in Spain but did not know about this thing. I think it sounds torturous, would the people like that to happen to them or their families? I do not think so. So why pick on innocent animals; who have a hard time fighting back? i love the St Francis of Assisi quote; he is my favorite saint. I do also like the Gandhi quote to paraphrase we can tell the character of a country by the way they treat their animals? I am not sure if I quoted it exactly as i may have paraphrased it but what i wrote gives the general meaning of it. If my sister actually had any heart, she would have let me join a lady, and I guess they were her two children protesting Petland as participating in animal abuse. My sister a would not let me join them at the entrance to the shopping center where we went Saturday?
Well, the reason this world of ours is a cruel one is partly due to animal abuse, in my opinion. Humans are the cruelest creatures on the face of this earth.
@vsai2008 (9857)
This is not good at all, I hope they realize this soon but these kinds of practices go way back It would be difficult to bring the awareness
I have signed many petitions regarding this specific cruelty. Sometimes the petitions end it, sometimes they do not, but I will keep signing.
@vsai2008 (9857)
@Corbin5 Glad you are doing your bit, I really appreciate it. Petitions as in change.org?
@vsai2008 PETA, Change. org. ASPCA, HSUS and many more.
It's hard to understand these people who take delight in seeing animals being abused. When you ask them why, they'd tell you it's the festival, it's their culture! And their culture should be respected!
So true. Tradition is no excuse for abusing innocent creatures or for doing anything else that causes harm in this world of ours.
@Corbin5 They weren't educated about the animal rights, they were only told that their tradition matters.
@toniganzon My country, the USA, receives a grade of "D" regarding animal welfare due to cruel slaughter practices in some states and due to the lack of humane education. I do believe that humane education from day one of a child's school life and having it continue throughout the child's school years would help.
I feel that even having some wild animals as pets is abusing them. You deprive them of their normal life and they cannot do anything. Just as I think circuses are sad (but people mostly choose that life) animals don´t choose to be in the cage where their owners keep them. Is that love? NO
No, it is not love at all. I, like you, am so against holding animals captive just to entertain humans.
@Corbin5 As I see it, the only domestic animal is the dog although cats are semi domestic. But I don´t understand that it is legal in some places to have a snake as a pet.
@HazySue (23174)
I hate it when they do that. It is amazing to me that people can get ente4rtainment f4rom such acts.
Yes, just signed a petition about a greased piglet race in the US. The piglet are killed, injured, and suffer broken bones due to people pouncing on them. How can we expect people to be kind to each other when we allow people to abuse innocent creatures? The sad truth is, we cannot.
@HazySue (23174)
@Corbin5 It is no wonder that children cannot be taught to be kind to others when adults come up with ways to not be kind. In fact they come up with ways to be so cruel.
@UncleJoe (10882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, don't get me started. I still have a beef with "sport" hunters. I always thought that in a real sport, both parties knew there was a game going on.
I know. Trophy hunting is despicable. I recently signed a petition for banning an upcoming trophy-hunting event. Sometimes, those petitions do work.
I don't understand the mindset of people who think animal cruelty is fun and entertaining
I am thinking those who enjoy this kind of thing are those with whom we would not want to spend time.
People can be very cruel and are most often clueless.
I think also a bit nuts.
I'm am sick hearing about this! Omg! How awful!!!!!!!
I would steer clear of those folks who enjoy this sort of thing, that's for sure.
@nanette64 (17977)
• Fairfield, Texas
OMG @Corbin5 . This is absolutely horrible. Every single person at that event is an as*hole.
The majority of serial killers, Son of Sam, Richard Speck, The Boston Strangler and others tortured and killed innocent animals as kids. Not sure any of us would want to be near those who engage in the torture showcased in the post.
@kepweng (18659)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
yeah indeed that humans sometimes scarrier than the wild animals in jungle hope the bull is okay now after that fire
No, the bulls die and then they are skinned and cut up.