Things Mothers feel guilty about.

neat picture.
Roseburg, Oregon
When you have to work and you miss a school's event. When you work late so you bring take out home. When you cancel plans because you are tired. When you treat yourself. When you call in sick at work and you are not really sick. Thinking you do not spend enough time with your kids. Not being able to spend more money on your kids. The picture is mine taken by me.
@poehere (15981)
• French Polynesia
Oh this is so true. Also coming home tired and wanting to sit down for a few minutes before you dig into the homework and help them with a problem. Plus, when your child is waiting for you to come home so they can tell you about their day and you ask them if it can wait a few minutes. You need to relax.
You feel bad that you need to take some time off for yourself.
@poehere (15981)
• French Polynesia
@jstory07 Yes I did because I was a single mom and her dad left her when she was only 13 months old. He never saw her again until she turned 37. So I was mom and dad and I needed to be there for her. I was happy I only had one child. It was hard enough with my work, classes, and taking care of all the other things that I had to take care of.
@poehere What did she think of her Dad when she met him.
@dodo19 (26692)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It can be difficult sometimes. It's not an easy job. I have felt guilty over these things as well.
It is hard when you have children.
@dodo19 (26692)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@jstory07 It really can be. It's not an easy job.
I am guilty of those because that's me while our daughter is still a kid. She's always left with our helper. But she grew up independent and smart. SHe's now a doctor.
Yes you did a good job raising her. You should feel proud.
@jstory07 Yes, I am proud of myself having raised her so well.
@1hopefulman (17609)
Since I'm not a mother, now I have an idea how my mother felt.
So treat your mother nice.
@1hopefulman (17609)
@jstory07 I did while she was alive. We got along pretty well. I can't wait to see her in the next world.
@louievill (15581)
My wife is full time on our children, it's me who is too tired from work sometimes but I control it after I have rested and give time to listen to my children and help them with school projects.
That is good that you make time for your kids. It is hard to work and take care of kids.
@mandala100 (23910)
@jstory07 You are right on that my friend and a father feel the same way my friend.
Yes Fathers feel guilty to.
@mandala100 (23910)
@jstory07 That's right my friend.
And, sons also feel guilty at times too.
That is good. Treat your mother like a queen. She deserves it.
As a mother, I try to balance my work and my family. Of course to me my family still goes first. I am glad that at least my child is a school boy and that means to say I can work in daytime. When I am home, I try to spend more time for my child. And I will do my work when he goes to sleep and this is why I often have to go to bed late.
You are a good mother and that is great your child comes first.
@magallon (16608)
the very thing that makes me guilty about , is when I am on a party and I eat something delicious which my children have not eaten yet. If only I can take some for them.
You are a good parent.
@kepweng (2382)
my opinion is maybe you can explain to your kids that you work hard for thier future and tell them that study hard so they will become succesful someday
I am syre parents tell that to their kids I did. But mother still feel guilty.
I don't work, but I can sure relate to feeling a mom's guilt. I do feel guilty when we do take out food . . . but seriously, sometimes I run out of time!!
I ran out of time lots of times.
@sol_cee (12229)
• Japan
It's not easy being a mother. Sigh..
It is harder when you work and raise kids.
I would ot feel guilty over those things. When I worked I knew I was providing as a single mom. My job was to bring home the bacon. The stuff I missed was a give in. I felt guilty putting my child on the street while I lay in a warm bed with a dry roof over my head. But such things had to happen and now I feel guilty for not calling her at all.
Hopefully she will learn to make it on her own.
@sueznewz2 (8778)
• Alicante, Spain
yes it is hard juggling home ...work and kids... and a little time to yourself ....
• Lakewood, Colorado
Nice photo Judy. Yes Moms often feel guilty about things.
That is so true. I was lucky to me a stay at home mom when my kids were young. My husband was a big help when I returned to teaching.