End of Summer Sales

Curtis and Josiah
So before the kiddos got here, I bought them each a new outfit at Wal Mart. I had had my eye on a special dress for the oldest granddaughter, but I would not leave anyone out. I spent $20, got two dresses, two shirts and two shorts. There are still some warm days ahead, plus they are big enough the children will wear them next summer. Have you found any bargains lately? My grandkids always say "thank you" and always make us feel appreciated here.
I shop online, haven't even been in Wallyworld for two months. I find lots of bargain online.
There are many things I do love to get online.
@GardenGerty If we didn't shop online we'd have to drive hours to stores.
@AbbyGreenhill We can get to some in half an hour and others take an hour or upwards.
Wow you got some great deals. I haven't been out shopping lately but this is a good time to find lots of bargains.
Yes, it is still hot enough to wear summer clothes but the stores want room for winter items.
@GardenGerty yes I noticed all the winter clothes out when I was walking at the mall yesterday.
@Happy2BeMe Good for you to be walking, especially at the mall with climate control and smooth floors.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
They are really such cuties! You got some good deals @GardenGerty
They are normal kids, but very precious to me. I do think they are really cute, but ZI am prejudiced.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@GardenGerty It is okay to be prejudiced in this manner. We are all that when it comes to the ones we love.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
I took my niece shopping for a few things for school. I felt so sorry for her. She was here visiting and I asked her if she was ready for school. she told me she had to wear her same clothes from last year. It broke my heart so I took her to Tati's where they had some fantastic deals on clothes for little girls her age.
I always had to wait a bit into the school year to afford new school clothes for my kids. This kiddos are home schooled, but it is still nice and fun to have new things.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@GardenGerty You are so right.
That's great! I'm glad you got some good sales for the kids. Great picture of them.
We do not put the kids' pictures online much. I was happy to find some cute things for them. Our Wal Mart stores here in Kansas seem to be better run that where they are near Minneapolis. My daughter will not shop there.
@GardenGerty I'm glad they're well run. It makes a huge difference to the shopping experience.
Love your photo! What cuties!!!! And what smart shopping!
They all four are growing rapidly. I could not resist sneaking a shot or two in here.
@GardenGerty I don't blame you. I love seeing myLot friend's photos of family, etc. I feel as if I know you better!!!
Wow can't beat the bargains you got for the grandkids
Grand parents like to have a chance to spoil them.
@GardenGerty you are so right and I try to spoil mine too
Yes walmart is great with sales, and kmart too. Right now kmart has back packs for 35% off and lunch bags for 40% off
I think most of the K Mart stores in our area have already closed down.
@GardenGerty probably..
@HazySue (21334)
You got some good deals. It's nice when they appreciate it. I love to buy for my grandchildren.
Yes, they thank me for the food, for fixing meals and for letting them visit, etc. Good kids with a good mommy.
@HazySue (21334)
@GardenGerty they are being brought up very well.
@vandana7 (64874)
Wow..that seems to be a great bargain indeed...not really a good bargain but dad being dad...he took the decision...I had no say..I could have saved me about 200 dollars though
Sometimes they say you must spend money to save or make money.
@vandana7 (64874)
@GardenGerty .. Oh no...dad is always making bad bargains..smh
@Blondie2222 (21790)
That's nice of you to buy them new outfits and they appreciate it. I haven't been to the store for any bargains as I don't need any new clothes. I do try to help my sisters out though and buy clothes for my niece.
I have been getting rid of clothes from my closet and drawers. Now, when I think about buying something, I ask myself, "Now where will you put it?".
@Blondie2222 (21790)
@GardenGerty I do the same thing
That's so nice and such a good deal! =) We only had one deal lately. We got 43 kelloggs cereal bowls for $.43! We were shocked when they rang up a penny each so we got all they had. Lol. Oh and they glow in the dark which made our kids happy!
One of my co workers got a jacket for a penny. We were out of town at an inservice and she went to Dollar General in that town, because she was cold in the air conditioning. She was surprised as it was originally marked $15.
@GardenGerty That's a great deal!!
@sueznewz2 (9993)
• Alicante, Spain
6 items for 20$ a good haul...lol nice photo too... no no bargains yet...
I find a bargain hard to resist. My daughter tries to keep them from having too many items, but I feel like the second and fourth child definitely need something beyond hand me downs. She really did not mind as they will definitely be able to wear them some this fall and next spring and summer as well.
I am not shopping lately got to keep that on hold. Good you found some good bargains Heather.
I try to stay out of the stores as much as possible.
The two kids are cute. I have not been around shopping lately. I need nothing and I am well at home during the hot summer days.
Mostly I have other things to do with my time, but I had to buy food for the visit, and a few other things too, like the clothes.
@SHOHANA (7182)
• Bangladesh
Well its good to have some cool dresses on summer days, you get good dresses only for $20 this is really great
My oldest granddaughter was really happy, she says she likes dresses that have a waist. This one did.