Eating less at Fast food chain

When the fast food chain opened last week, I was very happy at first. But I realized how expensive it is and how I could have saved more if I buying viands or making foods for myself instead. There's also too many people around and one time they kept forgetting small details on my order. So, one day I bought my lunch some where else instead. Maybe I could eat there probably once a week instead. I couldn't avoid it entirely since it's very near.
@TheSojourner (17448)
And I am guessing that it's even less expensive where you live than where I live. What did you order, and how much was it?
It's probably lesser but recently my earnings per month are even lesser than that @CoralLevang I had to be practical now lol.
@Letranknight2015 I certainly understand that, because I have recently retired and now am on a lower, fixed income.
@CoralLevang nothing wrong with fix income.
@velvet53 (16347)
• Palisade, Colorado
The money spent at fast food places can really add up. I used to eat at them all the time then when I realized how much I was spending I gave it up.
Back in my highschool days it used to cost a dollar @velvet53 and it's a dollar higher more now compare decades ago.
@velvet53 (16347)
• Palisade, Colorado
@Letranknight2015 The prices have sure gone up over the years. Some of the meals are way over priced.
@1creekgirl (10163)
Fast food is so expensive here that you can eat at a normal restaurant for about the same price.
Hello @1creekgirl I probably have to stick to the food kiosk on the side.
@ridingbet (49879)
it is good we live far from these food stores.
Well, even though it's near the line of people also discourages me from going over there @ridingbet not to mention the almost screwed order i had last time.
@ridingbet (49879)
@Letranknight2015 maybe some orders get Topsy-turvy because of numerous customers.
@ridingbet well, there was too many people back then.
Their cheese burgers are the best. I wonder if they are also affected by the bird flu scare? I bet there aren't that many ordering their chicken meals.
I'm actually using it as an excuse not to there because I'm a bit broke for the week end @allen0187
@Letranknight2015 you are doing yourself a favor by not eating there LK!
@m_audrey6788 (13844)
Yes..I had the same way of thinking about fast food..That is why I only go to fast food on weekends because it is a rest day for me..hehehe..I just do not want to do cooking on my free days
I guess once a week just not a bad idea @m_audrey6788 I don't cook all the time though, not much of a chef.
@Letranknight2015 ..Me too and I really do not like to cook on weekends..for me it is a rest day even as a housewife
• Peoria, Arizona
It is good to try new places, but not to go to all the time. I hardly ever have fast food, it is so much cheaper just to make your own meals haha
There are other places I could try though @DesirousDreamer but now I would just cook my food.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Letranknight2015 of course, like i said, it is good to try other places, but until then it is also good to just home cooked meals haha
@fazoboya (27)
I only eat fast food when i'm in a hurry and don't want to cook.
Same here @fazoboya you only need to eat there when you don't have time to cook.
@hereandthere (29731)
in the past when i was assigned to the night shift, i sometimes ate breakfast at jollibee or mcdonald's before going home so i won't get hungry because it was a long commute. i understand your excitement since the outlet is new and just walking distance, but aside from the expense, the food aren't really nutritious so wouldn't that affect your gout? cooked food here in our neighborhood costs 40 to 45 pesos only (77 to 87 us cents), rice is 10 pesos while ulam is 30 to 35 pesos.
Rice is always ten pesos @hereandthere and the viand here is amounting 35 to 40Php..With the bird flue on going I just thought of not visiting the fast food. Even today it's still being lined up by customers.
@kepweng (13389)
yeah your right its really good to eat sometimes in your own sweat and fastfood is just option but i cannot resist fastfoods haha
Besides with me I know the vitamins I'm putting on my body @kepweng unlike those in the fast food, it was fast but the vitamins are not that good.
I always took my lunch when I worked. It was a lot cheaper that way.
Hello @jstory07 Well I am going to make my own food from now on or just buy somewhere else cheaper.
@averygirl72 (16655)
We don't have fast food chain near us. Hope we have soon. I would love to treat myself even once a week from fast foods