Nursing Home

We've had so many visitors from out of state. Been so busy. My husband is mad at me because he found his Medicaid is for nursing home only. He's in the best place he don't see it like that.He wants to come home.
I know very few people who like to stay in nursing homes, I understand he would like to come back home.
I do too. But going to dialysis three times a week, and trips to a hospital. He only has one leg, it would be difficult to take care of him.
@popciclecold I understand very well, I imagine it would be too hard for you.
• Marion, Kansas
There is very little provision in our system for the elderly and ill to be kept at home. Very few people really want to be in nursing homes, they want to be in their home. It is hard not to do as they wish, but it seems you must have them where they can receive care.
He needs around the clock care. He's on dialysis, he had one of his legs amputed. I don't want him there, but if he comes home he will have no Medicaid. We couldn't afford the bills.
@mandala100 (25741)
@popiclecold Your husband really miss your home my friend. It's nice to hear from you again my friend.
Thanks, I have missed being here.
Thanks, I have missed being here.
@mandala100 (25741)
@popciclecold I'm sure you really do my friend.
@SHOHANA (7104)
• Bangladesh
We always feel better at home and we only go to nursing home for treatment and we don't want to be sick
I know, but he's on dialysis, had one leg amputated, the nursing home provide a way to dialysis, and trips to hospital. Plus when he was here he didn't want me to work.
No matter how 'good' or 'the best' the place may be, home is where he wants to be, what is really stopping him ?
Hopefully he will come to realize that it is for the best that he stay there.
I know. My dad was in a senior living facilities which he really liked, but the facility could not handle all his medical needs when he was age 94. My dad saved and saved his money and has been private-paying $9000 a month, for over two years, for the care he needs at the nursing home. Dad's money will be gone in about 6 months, and we will have to apply for Medicaid for him because the $369,000 he saved all his life will be no more. Assisted living facilities here do not take Medicaid.
Oh dear poor guy wants to come home. Why is he mad about Medicaid?