OMG!!! I'M GONNA DIE!!!

Meow. Meow. Meow. Meow. I SAID MEOW DAMMIT!!! ______________________________________________ This is a daily battle...three or four times a day, actually. And I keep losing. My patience doesn't stand a chance against HIS insistence that the gravy is gone and you can't expect me to eat that with no gravy in it. And he is serious about it. He'll let the meat bits sit there in the bowl until they dry up and become hard as rock and I have to pry them loose with a knife to throw them away. Maybe I need to write the Fancy Feastâ„¢ company and see if I can special order cans of just the gravy...
OMG one of my cats is the same way. He licks off all the gravy and leaves the food there. I actually went online and found a few recipes for cat food gravy. I considered making it but havent yet. My other cat loves that he only licks the gracy though because he gets to eat two meals.
Maybe he's trying to tell me to get another cat
@JolietJake that could be it
@fly802 (1514)
@JolietJake Would you bring another cat?
@owlwings (39258)
• Cambridge, England
I give Mephistopheles as much dry nibbles as he wants (usually around 70 - 100 gms or 1/2 to one cup a day) and also a half pouch of wet food (beef/turkey/chicken/duck/fish flavour - God alone knows what's really in it!) every twelve hours. He usually comes to tell me it's food time at 6am and 6pm. Even that is rather more than a cat of his age and weight should need. I suspect worms! I suggest that you seriously need to think about worming tablets and also to establish a routine (or arrangement between you) so that the wet food is available twice daily and the dry food is there all the time, so he can snack when he wants. Miaowing for food more than twice a day suggests that he has his lead wound around your little finger good and proper ... and that HE knows who's boss - HIM!
@sabtraversa (13338)
How spoilt! My Guinea pigs were the same, they would eat all the colorful kibbles and leave the brown ones. At least kibbles don't become hard, because they're hard already.
@owlwings (39258)
• Cambridge, England
They must do it by smell because guinea pigs (and cats) don't have a very good colour sense and, anyway, can't really see what they're eating!
@sabtraversa (13338)
@owlwings The kibbles are there altogether, so the smells must get mixed. Maybe they didn't like the taste. And those brown kibbles were similar to their own poop, by the way. But still, they enjoyed eating their own poop more.
@owlwings (39258)
• Cambridge, England
@sabtraversa Guinea pigs and rabbits eat their own poop (from time to time). Not only can they get extra nourishment from the incompletely digested stuff but it also helps to enrich their stomach bacterial flora. Same reason that people now make yoghurt (at vastly inflated prices) with extract of human faeces and also why puppies are so keen on eating other dogs' poop!
Scar's girlfriend is the same way. She just wants the gravy.
@owlwings (39258)
• Cambridge, England
"It's the same the whole world over, It's the poor that gets the blame! It's the rich that gets the gravy [pleasure], Ain't it just a bleeding shame!" Nothing to do with Scar (or cats in general) but enjoyable, nonetheless!
Jenny Coulston sings Poor By Honest for the Aba Daba Company at Hoxton Hall
They joys of parenthood.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
I wonder if you can make the home-made gravy @JolietJake . You could make a big batch all at once.
@TheSojourner (17454)
And who was it that spoiled him so? I've often found it funny how parents complain about their kids Behavior when it's the parents who made them that way! Haha
I didn't spoil him, that is how it has always been
@JolietJake he's just trained you and you now act a certain way that he has decided for you. We know who's the master and who submits! Haha
• South Africa
@JolietJake Always blame the parent lol!
@Plethos (10312)
dont disobey the felines! you never know if they intend on shanking you ! cats definitely come from a different planet.
• South Africa
You just don't understand cat language - I am saying -"You don't expect me to chew this food do you? Cut it up into tiny morsels and hand feed me - and do it NOW!" My little Missy screams like her tail has been cut off when she wants to be fed - it is like a fire alarm!
• Richfield, Utah
I'm with Nanette, maybe make a big batch of gravy? Probably the same as the fancy feast stuff anyway... but then scar will still whine....
See, he knows HE is the Boss and he never miss to remind you. The cat of my neighbor eats the wet food in his home and he comes to me for the dry food. Usually he screams at 6 in the morning if the bowl is not ready.
If looks could kill. You better snap to it.
@fly802 (1514)
Yes, you should write.
@Tina30219 (34266)
• Onaway, Michigan
lol. Silly cat. I guess if he gets hungry enough he will eat the food.
Nobody else can make you surrender, but Scar!
@kobesbuddy (46792)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake O.K., a true confession is necessary, I sneaked and ate that gravy:( Try not to get too upset with me! I'm on a special diet, that calls for extra gravy on all meals!