Friday Night Party

My appetizers ready for the party - By LadyDuck
Switzerland
I was relaxing in front of my computer interacting with my friend, when I received a call from my niece. She asked if she may come with her fiancee for a sort of Friday Night Party Buffet. How to say no? When I make the appetizers I usually make more than I need and freeze some for future use. It has not been a problem to take out of the freezer the stuffed fried olives, the small pizza and the cheese quiches. I stuffed some small round panini with ham, Italian sausage and cheese. I have prepared celery sticks with blue cheese, now I am ready to receive my niece. Do you like to organize last minutes parties?
No, absolutely not! I stress too easily and my cooking is not my "cup of tea". My maternal grandma was a chef in a tourist hotel. She was a great cook, but it did not rub on me, that's for sure.
My maternal grandma was a great cook, my cousin is a chef in Modena, he owns a pretty well known restaurants. I suppose it is in our genes.
@cacay1 (32160)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck that is why it is in your blood line as a best cook.
@cacay1 It is in our genes.
@vandana7 (57494)
Definitely no..lol. But we have lots of eateries around here...if it came to that...not the best, but I can manage I think. lol
The niece is back from a 15 days vacation in Mongolia, she said it was beautiful but the food horrible and she wanted something nice, not ready made food.
@vandana7 (57494)
@LadyDuck ... Aw...I do understand..and you do have nice menu up there...:) You must be a good cook. :)
@vandana7 I love to cook, since I was very young, ma maternal grandmother was a great cook.
What a wonderful buffet it will be with all those lovely creations of yours! I think I like last minute parties because I obsess to much about a party in the future.
Exactly like you, if I knew two days ago I would have spent hours in the kitchen.
@LadyDuck Me too.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I want to be at your party Anna. Oh my gosh fried stuffed olives!!! I would like to do this if there were anyone coming, but there never is.
I love the fried stuffed olives, it shows I am Italian.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@LadyDuck Yes it shows alright..and why I like them..Sicilian lol Did they like everything at your little party?
@TiarasOceanView The paternal grandfather of my husband was Sicilian. They are coming in about 20 minutes. I think I have to change the plans and eat inside, a thunderstorm is approaching.
@Platespinner (18538)
Sounds fun, but I'm not big on parties.
@LadyDuck that I could probably handle.as a general rule I don't mind one or two extras.
@Platespinner When it's a party of more than 10 people I need to know in advance, but two extras is not a problem.
@topffer (30615)
• France
I would be unable to organize a last minute party, but if I visit you, I will tell you at the last minute.
it all depends on the situation.Not as much as yours.But some. My party days are over.
I do time by time, mainly for my niece.
@LadyDuck I see
Everything looks so good. I have never been asked to organize a last minute party but I guess I could if I had to.
I had the habit, so many times when my husband had still something to discuss with a colleague, they came home and I had a last minute dinner to organize.
I'm never organized enough to have spur of the minute parties but your appetizers certainly look good. Enjoy your party
Thank you, I always keep things ready, I know that my niece is a "last minute" guest.
I've never done that but boy do those appetizers look delicious
They are good, I hope they will not be late or I will start to eat.
Or maybe they'll be really late and you'll get to eat them all @LadyDuck
@rebelann They were not late, I had to quit myLot because I heard the noise of their car coming in our private road.
We don't have company often and if/when we do its planned in advance. I think you put on a nice little buffer for them!
My niece is not an organized person and she thinks that I nothing is a problem for me . I like to talk with her, it was not a big problem.
@LadyDuck I think you always have things under control!
@AbbyGreenhill Most of the time I do, I only go in panic mode if I forget to pay a bill.
@bluesa (12838)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh, Anna! That all looks so delicious! I freak out when I have to organize last minute parties or get togethers. I hope you all have a lovely visit.
We had fun, I have seen the photos of their vacation in Mongolia. Surely beautiful places, but it's not something I would do, this is sure.
@bluesa (12838)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck I am happy you had fun. And I agree, Mongolia has some stunning scenery but there are other places I would choose for a vacation.
@bluesa There are many places with stunning scenery, but I would never go there for plenty of reasons.
@silvermist (15804)
The expert cook that you are,it is no wonder you came up with all those items at short notice .That is such a sumptuous spread.Well done.
Thank you, most of the things were in the freezer, I only had to take them out.
@silvermist (15804)
@LadyDuck But then you made them and put it there,though days before.
@silvermist Yes, I make appetizers when I have time and I freeze them to be ready when I have guests.
@garymarsh6 (12094)
It is surprising how resourceful you can be at short notice. Well done Anna for keeping stuff at the ready! I hope you had a lovely evening!
We had a very nice evening, she showed us the photo of their travel in Mongolia, she liked the view, she disliked to sleep in a tent with other people (and animals) and she did not enjoy at all the food.
@garymarsh6 (12094)
@LadyDuck What an adventure though! Lucky her. I think we prefer our luxuries too much to do that Anna!
@garymarsh6 I was surprised when she told me that they have decided to go there. This is something I would never do, I need a comfortable bed and a private bath with shower, not to mention that food prepared under a tent with not very clean water is not what I would like to try.
I prefer a little advance notice when I'm planning something, depending on who the guests will be. Your dishes all look wonderfully delicious here.
As you say, it depend on who the guests are. For my niece I always make an exception, it's good she called at least a few hours in advance, sometimes she rings the doorbell and ask if she can stay for supper.
@LadyDuck You have a very close relationship with her, and quite often we will jump thru almost any hoop to please someone we love so much, regardless of the time frame involved. I'm like that with our son. I remember him calling us saying he was in town and met up with a few friends and could they come by the house, and of course it always seemed to be near supper time. And it is amazing what tricks we can pull out of our sleeves to please in short order like that, and they must work or the crowd wouldn't return.
@Juliaacv You are so right Julia. I have no children, she is the daughter of my brother and my only niece. Now that she has no more her mother, I feel that she needs me more, I try to be there for her.
@Tina30219 (26407)
• Onaway, Michigan
No I do not like to organize last minute partys. All the goodies look really good.
I like, so I do not stress for days.
@Tina30219 (26407)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LadyDuck Right definitely don't like the stress.
@Tina30219 You miss all the pleasure of a party if you are too stressed.
@xFiacre (10489)
@ladyduck I'm not a very sociable person so people have stopped inviting Me!
My husband is not sociable at all, but he makes an exception for our niece and her fiance.
@xFiacre (10489)
@LadyDuck and for that delicious looking good also no doubt he makes an exception.
I wouldnt eat any of that but looks nice for a small get together. Enjoy it
It was unexpected, I thought they were still vacationing.
@LadyDuck thats nice
@thelme55 (11860)
Hm...Yummy! I love that food in the photo. Enjoy your Friday night party, Anna. You have a lot to talk about your niece vacation.
Thank you Thelma, she had a lot to tell and many photos to show, they have been 15 days in Mongolia.
@KrauseHome (33373)
Most if the time this would bother me as I am not prepared to have others ariund. I would rather plan something instead
I surely prefer to plan, but sometimes not to having the stress to plan and to make something using what I have is funny too.