I tried but now I give up

@skydream (1148)
Agate, Colorado
I've posted before how a best friend and I got in a fight and stopped being friends. Well I saw her posting really depressing things like wanting to die so I asked a mutual friend if she was okay, which apparently pissed her off but I don't get why. Anyway I wrote her myself over a month ago apologizing for my part in the fight things like that, after a month i get a response. It was basically saying how I was messed up and lets put the past behind us but kept throwing what I did in my face, though she messed up too in a big way. Then get told I have to prove myself, and she doesn't care about me. At this time I was trying to grin and bear it because we were best friends for so long, tattoo and everything. Well after asking friends for advice and hearing my boyfriend say that when we weren't friends I wasn't stressed at all and now I am and seeing how my other friends treat me and talk to me when we have an issue I decided that it's best to cut ties. I tried and felt like I let someone I care about put me down just to try to save a friendship. I'm hoping now that I decided we won't be friends any longer that my stress level disappears. My next goal is to head to the tattoo shop and get this fixed.
You probably did the right thing Cait. Listen, I had a friend for 30 yrs and she was a big drain on me and when I finally cut ties, I felt so much better in myself. You just have the good times for memories is all.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
That makes me feel like I made the right decision. It's unfortunate but it's best to make yourself feel okay than another person.
@skydream I think you did my friend..life is so short..you are young, and better to not waste time with someone that you cannot help. I know it is sad, but bless you.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
@TiarasOceanView So true. We don't know how long life is and it's better to spend it with people who treat you good, thanks
@Plethos (10313)
yup, sometimes its best to just let go. by chance were you on the other site, bubblews?
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
It is. Yes I was!
@Plethos (10313)
@skydream - i thought there was something familiar about you.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
@Plethos I'm finding a lot of people from bubblews over here so it's pretty cool.
@acelawrites (10931)
At times when friends become nuisance; when they are abusing the friendship, it is best to cut the ties and find more good friends.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
That's true. I think memories keep us holding on longer than we should
@fazoboya (27)
If you had 20 friends and one of them let go, nothing can go wrong because you still have many friends.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
That's true
I'm very sorry. Yes, it sounds that it's best to cut ties. As her message wasn't an apology or anything nice that someone who wants to be friends would write. I am sorry you lost a once bestfriend, i know how that feels. And i hope you can be at peaslce with it now.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
That's so true. I thought she'd at least apologize once for her last message but she didn't. And any other friend I fought with never said I had to prove myself. Thanks girl
@skydream cause you don't. Almost anything can be fixed, with friends. If both parties really want to fix it and then try again. The friendship just will never be the same again.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
@Courtlynn Exactly. And certain things she did I wouldn't have forgiven other friends for but oh well.
You did the right thing by cutting ties. You tried to apologize and in return she tried to make you feel like it was all your fault by putting you down. Friends don't do that. Your don't need friends like that.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
You're right. I feel more confident in cutting ties now like I won't regret it, thank you
@skydream you are welcome
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
A good friend also know how to forgive and let go, if this friend can't do it then she is probably not a good friend...
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
Very good point! I have forgiven her plenty of times and moved on i guess i was just expecting the same in return.
@gilggg (2667)
• Israel
@sugartoes (40725)
• Greencastle, Indiana
so sorry about the friendship, I know it's not easy losing a long time friend over something stupid but it's better to lose one now than later on in life in another way. So don't let it slow you down or get in your way just move on.
@skydream (1148)
• Agate, Colorado
Good point it is better to end it now than later and have it be worse.
@tammys85 (9970)
I didn't know she got mad at you for showing concern. Who does that? I'm sorry it wound up like this, but I think you did what's best for you. If she wants to leave things in the past, then she shouldn't keep throwing the past in your face. And it still baffles me how she can tell you that she doesn't care, but yet she wants you to "prove yourself" to her. -Smh- You're a good person, Cait, and maybe one day she'll realize that she lost a great friend.
@Tracy04 (10804)
Some ties need to cut off to avoid us from more stress. It's hurt, but have to. Sorry you experience this problem. May God bless and give you more good friends after.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
sounds like my marriage. i gave up