We never know when he will knock on the door

@LeaPea2417 (22392)
Toccoa, Georgia
Do you have a friend or friends who will never call to talk, but out of the blue, will pop in on you at weird times? My husband has a friend from college who lives in our town and that is what he does. When he pops in on us, he will do it at night. One time, years ago, he pulled up into our drive way at 9 pm at night and another time, he popped in at 7 pm at night. Because we hadn't seen him in awhile and because he is a big talker (he goes into so much detail), he would stay for hours. The time he came at 7 pm, I think I remember him leaving around 11 pm. We think it is very odd of him to do this. We don't know how to tell him that it is weird. We would never just pop in on him and his family. We would call first.
Back before internet, people used to do that all the time. I was never happy about seeing anyone come, sometimes I would turn the channel to horror movies to make some of the women leave and preaching for others, most of the time it worked and they would leave. I moved and told no one what town I went to.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Good idea that you didn't tell them where you moved
I would not answer the door if it was 7 pm or later unless the person called me, I also don't answer the door at any hour, and everybody who visits calls me as I am afraid of answering the door being alone here with my roommate Marty the hamster
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
If I am home alone, I never open the door to anyone, except the mailman or UPS, if I am expecting a package.
@LeaPea2417 that is exactly what I do. If a family member or Friend comes they call before they come to let me know to expect them which is nice of them to do!
Well its nice he feels welcome but yes that is odd for sure. I would never not call first to visit anyone.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree.
@YrNemo (14768)
Some of my very close friends do that, but since I hardly see them, I don't mind one bit.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
He is a friend but he is not that close to us.
@YrNemo (14768)
@LeaPea2417 Oh dear, it is very awkward then. Problem is, people like that, their hearing tends to be very selective, you could tell them off, but they wouldn't hear a thing.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@YrNemo That's true.
@HazySue (23737)
I am not a big fan of people just popping in. We do however have a couple of friends that do just that and it feels lie you can't get them back out of the door once they have made their way in. I always make sure that someone we would visit is not busy. I like to give them notice.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like to give them notice too.
@MoonMaa (402)
Is he married or anything? It sounds like he is single. Still, he should still call before he comes by. You don't know what someone has planned.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, he is married.
I would not like it if someone popped in and stayed for hours. I suppose all you can do is ask him to call first. Not an easy thing to do.
@LeaPea2417 (22392)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I agree not an easy thing to do.