I can see for miles, really, I can.

West side of the Franklin Mountains, I took this in 2014.
El Paso, Texas
Not that old, this was taken in 2014. I was determined to check out our Outlet Mall to see if anything new had been added ..... it's not an indoor kinda mall, there are bunch of stores surrounding a concrete walkway with benches, really stupid if ya ask me cuz when there's a sand storm you get to eat sandburgers, Anyway, as I was driving west down Loop 375 to the mall I noticed how clear the view was and decided to take a few shots. Most of what you see in the distance is New Mexico just beyond where the dried up Rio Grande River is. I think you can see some of the housing areas like La Union NM or Chamberino NM and possibly Anthony TX/NM, I'm not really sure. This is the west side of the Franklin Mountains. Can you see for miles and miles when you're driving around?
Yes you can around here and there are some really nice views too with the mountains. I see them when I am on the train Rebel. The sky was so clear in that photo you got. Sandburgers huh?
I made the mistake of going to the Outlet mall just after it first opened but I'd forgotten to check the weather and ended up in a sand storm before I'd gotten outta there, talk about sand burgers ..... whats worse is that sand gets into the eyes as well, it wasn't fun.
@rebelann I bet it is really awful Rebel..not something I had experienced in my life.
Oh, it's awful alright @TiarasOceanView when the winds are really high that sand is like teeny needles if it hits your skin.
No, we can't. We live in a hilly area. The hills block the wide view. I used to live in the north of Germany. There are completely flat areas. People like to joke that you can already see in the morning who's coming to visit you in the afternoon.
I like that joke, it sounds like something I could joke about here. May I borrow it?
@rebelann Certainly. You're welcome.
• Peoria, Arizona
What an amazing sight! We have a few locations where people can drive up to and you can see for miles and even the neat city over.
Ahhh yes, there are spots where you can see all across Phoenix, I've seen some of the night views posted on the internet.
• Peoria, Arizona
@rebelann It is amazing during christmas time, because there are lights leading up to this one peak of a mountain and it is wonderful!
Phoenix is humongus @DesirousDreamer I'd love to be on a mountain out that way just to get a shot. Oh well, can't take the cats with me so I guess I won't be doin that
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
When I drive around....farmer's fields, sometimes in grass for hay, out further, acres and acres of sagebrush, houses, further north, acres and acres of fruit trees and finally the Columbia river and fruit trees and houses. Cows, a horse or two. The Cascade mountains if you look a certain way.
So the trees are easy to see over?
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann The trees are in valleys; shale mountains just beyond. I wish I could get some photos for you- hard to drive while snapping photos! So yes, the trees are easy to see over.
I don't try to take shots when driving @sallypup I always stop and try to get a shot when I've stopped.
@mandala100 (48241)
@rebelann That's a really good vista of the place my friend.
Thank you
@mandala100 (48241)
@rebelann You are always welcome my friend.
Thank you @mandala100
Great photo! It depends where I am, but can see for miles and miles, too, in several areas.
Oh yeah, like in a skyscraper, right?
@rebelann Lol! Don't forget, I live in a small town in the country up high from a city along the ocean. lol
I have a hard time imagining the east coast from having small towns or even rural country @DianneN I guess what little I know is mostly about places like Boston or NYC not country side. See what those TV shows have done for the east coast?
• Pamplona, Spain
New Mexico? Really great take of that. Is the Rio Grande really all dried up too what a shame. Much like parts of Spain too then. So did you get to find what you wanted or liked there? Thank you for this one.
I've heard our area is a lot like Spain, a friend of mine is retired Navy and lived over 10 years near Madrid on some US Naval base.
• Pamplona, Spain
@rebelann Its true that you know. Rivers are being dried up here and the water used for other purposes also.
@HazySue (22546)
You really can see for miles.. Terrific picture. Hope you didn't have to eat a sand sandwich.
I did end up with sand in my ears and some in my mouth so I was glad when I got home and could take a shower.
@HazySue (22546)
@rebelann yuck, I bet you were.
@Platespinner (17045)
Not in most places around here, too many hills and too many trees obscuring the view.
I wonder what it's like to live in areas with lots of trees.
I do sometimes. That is a lovely view.
Thank you, I hope you get to see that view soon.
Oh wow! Now that is a view!!!! Nope, cannot see for miles and miles when driving around here.
Then you are lucky, you have lush greenery and forests, something I know so little about.