Another Fair Entry

@Morleyhunt (20670)
When I went through the possibilities for fair entries there was one category I have missed each year. The category is for a tied quilt. Normally I am not a big fan of a tied quilt. They are quick and seem to stand up to a lot of wear and tear, but like I said.....I'm not personally a fan. This year, to increase my chances at the overall prize for quilting, I decided to make one. The quilt top had been waiting in queue to be quilted so it seemed a natural for tying. The layers were sandwiched on Monday, using the pool noodle method (I'll post about that some day) and the tying began on Tuesday. Wednesday I was finished with the tying and made a scrappy binding to finish it with. Friday morning the binding was finished and Saturday I took the opportunity to photograph the finished quilt. All that remains is to make and attach an autograph block.
I am also not a fan of tied quilts, but you did a good job in very little time.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
This quilt is made entirely of scraps of fabric that would normally have been thrown in the trash.
@Morleyhunt This is what makes them unique and it is a shame to throw the scraps.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
@LadyDuck si throw away very few scraps. I can usually find a use for them.
I'm always amazed at the quilts you make and quilting is something I never learned to do.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
I am a self taught quilter. My first quilt was made with no instruction and for some reason it never occurred to me to check out the library for instruction books until after I had completed my first quilt.
@Morleyhunt you certainly have a gift when it comes to designing and sewing.
Well done you. And I love all the jargon that goes with a hobby such as this.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
Wait u Til you hear how I take the photos...
@YrNemo (14703)
Do you by chance giving lessons in quilting? I would love to be a student of yours. That one in the photo is so beautiful.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
I do give lessons. I haven't tried on line, but I did a tutorial once on making the blocks shown in this quilt.
@bluesa (15108)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is beautiful. I love all the different colours and patterns together!
@Morleyhunt (20670)
Thank you. I have another quilt finished...next discussion will be posted late today.
I oh so wish that I lived near you and you could teach me how to quilt. I have one in great need of repair. your quilt is pretty.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
I taught myself....without benefit of goggle, or YouTube. My first quilt was made without even using the local library for an instruction book. I would begin differently now....but hey, I learned.
@Namelesss (1529)
That is a beautiful quilt. I bet someone snapped it up quick.
@Morleyhunt (20670)
thank you. I gifted it in January to a good friend.
@Namelesss (1529)
@Morleyhunt What a wonderful gift. Bless your kindness. :-)
@Fleura (7197)
I'm afraid I have no idea about the methods you're using but it seems really quick and the finished result is lovely!
@Morleyhunt (20670)
The blocks were made and assembled several years ago. They were not as quick to make. The tying....that goes very wuickly.
@Platespinner (17062)
congratulations on getting another project completed!!!
@Morleyhunt (20670)
Thank you. I'm now finished another project as well. Photo to follow.