How did you sleep?

Hubby and I cannot figure it out. Neither of us slept well at all. That is super unusual for him. I do not know if it was anticipation of today and I personally feel unprepared or if it was something we ate, or did not eat. When we slept we each had very bizarre dreams as well. Maybe we are anticipating the eclipse, and trying to figure out about getting the cat in before work. Maybe I am worried because the entire school is walking to a location to watch the eclipse, and I cannot imagine them all following instructions about not looking at the sun. I finally caught up to my notifications, and have had breakfast. Time to finish getting dressed and pack a lunch. Have a great day, be careful if you are in the path of the eclipse.
@Morleyhunt (19806)
I didn't sleep well. Last nights unplanned visit with my father, and the need to share some issues with family caused me to lay in bed planning my words....not sleeping.
I am sure that weighs heavily on your mind. I hope you will be happy with your choice of words.
I usually have no issues sleeping but lately I cannot sleep! I hate it. Not sure what's going on. I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope everything works out fine.
Everything worked out fine. We are constantly in crisis mode and that gets hard.
I had a great sleep last night. Sorry to hear that you and hubby didn't. Hope you have a good day.
Good news that you slept well last night.
You got all the good sleep available at myLot. Hurray, it was not wasted.
@GardenGerty yes I guess I am one of the lucky ones.
I did not sleep well at all and it's surely not for the eclipse because we do not see it in Europe. It's not even the moon, because last night it was new moon and it was not the food, because I had a very light dinner... it happens.
It seems that a lot of mylotter friends had bad sleep last night. NOT good.
@marlina Not good at all, I cannot understand why, the temperature is fine now.
It was not good and our dreams here were very strange. Tonight will be better, I am sure.
My psychiatrist had to prescribe me a sleep.medicine and now it has been so bad that I can't sleep unless I take a Zyrtec with it also then I get to sleep quickly but never stay asleep very long and I sleep a few hours a I get up around 12:00 -2:00am every day?
That is not good, I wonder why it is happening.
Some medicines that are supposed to make us sleepy sometimes act backwards and wake us up.
@GardenGerty I would have no problem believing medicines for other things also do the opposite, I was a nervous week for 34 years on anxiety meds and then I had a lithium toxicity and ended up in the hospital for almost three weeks. I was take off the anxiety meds and lithium and most of my other nie psychotropic meds. I am no longer anxious and haven't been since late June when they finally got out of my system! I wodner if rhe sleeping medIi was given does the same thing? I haven't slept well since last October or November and this is the first sleeping med I have had?
I hope you both sleep well tonight. I remember taking my students outdoors to see the eclipse. They all followed instructions.
This is so soon into the school year that they are a bit hard to get to cooperate, especially if they do not understand the danger.
@GardenGerty They should still be on their best behavior. Lol! Hope it went well.
@DianneN The child I viewed with is autistic and pretty well non verbal. He is NEVER on his best behavior, but is always exploring the limits.
How much of the eclipse did you get? We got 60%. I hope all went well at school.
Thanks, things went well. I believe we got 92%. The little guy I was with was not impressed. He got tired quickly of the special glasses.
@GardenGerty That's quite a bit. Not everyone will be impressed with it. Maybe one day he'll look back at it and realize how important or exciting yesterday was. I understand it was the first one in a hundred years to go across the whole US.
Only 4 hours of split sleep, so I feel "weird".
I sometimes feel bubble headed.
@GardenGerty So do I and I hate it.
Hope you sleep better tonight.
Me too. I do know I need to not borrow trouble.
@GardenGerty well hope you do
I have been a poor sleeper for many years. Frustrating situation.
Sleepless nights are definitively "the pitts".
That sounds very bad to me.
@dodo19 (33038)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's weird how sometimes this sort of thing happens. I'm usually the one who sleeps well, while my husband not so much (at least, when he's not working). Hopefully, you guys sleep better tonight, or are able to grab a nap later.
No time for a nap, but we will see about early to bed.
@dodo19 (33038)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@GardenGerty Hopefully, you were able to go to bed early and have a good night.
Nope is all I can say about that no sleep for me. Happy Darkness Day.
Happy darkness day to you as well. It is now nearly six in the evening and is getting dark from the weather. It is darker now than during the eclipse.
• Austin, Texas
I probably would have slept OK if I didn't have another one of those dreams where there's great food spread out and I never get to eat any of it!! Those dreams really piss me off! All that wonderful food and I never get to taste it!! Why does that happen? Is it because your conscious mind tells your unconscious that it's not real food? Last night there was both Italian food and Jewish food in my dream. I didn't get to eat any of it! I woke up as it was it being served to others.
Is any part of it associated with all the good food ideas on here, or have you always had those dreams? I wonder if you need a bedtime snack.
• Austin, Texas
@GardenGerty - Oh I've always had these dreams. Even though I don't get to eat the food, I don't want the dreams to stop!!
@miyaford (301)
• Nashville, Tennessee
It is so hard for me to fall straight to sleep. I am usually the one up while everyone else is snoring. I usually sleep on my side holding my 3 year old but I am back to work now on 3rd shift. I usually have to take medication to fall asleep because I have insomnia.
Working third shift can really upset your sleep pattern. I usually fall asleep well, but that night I could not.
@xstitcher (11747)
• Petaluma, California
I didn't sleep too badly. There are nights when I can't sleep, though. I think in my case it's my hormones.
It very well could be. I hope the good nights out number the bad.
@Lucky15 (33823)
I didn't sleep that much too last night, that i fell asleep while watching tv this afternoon. hoping to get more sound sleep tonight :)
If I were to try to watch TV, I would fall asleep. I feel changing weather and would like to sleep right now.
@Lucky15 (33823)
I had to work yesterday. Got to look through the glasses of a friend to see the eclipse. But, it was so short a viewing that I vaguely remember it.
@resukill22 (4862)
Until now I don't know if I sleep well, my grandma need to admit
@resukill22 (4862)
Last, night its hard for me to sleep .because of my grandma