Eclipse Spoiler Alert

@moffittjc (31938)
Gainesville, Florida
Guys, please don't tell me how the eclipse ended. I recorded it on my DVR to watch later when I get home from work. The anticipation is killing me! I sure hope it ended well. I hate surprise endings!
I'm just glad I have a Braille keyboard, I knew I shouldn't have looked into the eye of the sun...but that's where the fun is...
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm going to need a Braille keyboard after today. They waited until AFTER I looked at the sun to tell me not to look at the sun!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@moffittjc did you use suntan lotion on your eyes? It was on several talk shows some people actually did that. Don't know what was their reasons instead of trying glasses?
Nothing happened where we live. I hope you get something.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I suspected something suspicious, and after a closer inspection my gut instinct proved correct!
@moffittjc that's no moon!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@allen0187 That's what I said!
@bluesa (9803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Uh, yeah, nope, by now you know it ended quite well, or otherwise I am just about to spoil it for you and tell you that sorry, but it ended well. I was sitting in front of the tv. I sure hope the clouds stayed away by you!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Are you sure there was no alien invasion, or other catastrophe to signal the start of Armageddon? I just want to make sure it's safe to go back outside!
@bluesa (9803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc , lol! Nope nothing too woo woo happened. You can safely venture outside again. Lol! ;)
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa I would like you to know that I stood outside all day today waiting for that damn eclipse, and I never saw anything. I think it was one big hoax. I can't believe I fell for it. And apparently, everyone else was in on the joke, because I didn't see another single person outside today trying to view the eclipse!
@Platespinner (16773)
It was worth watching from our vantage point.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Then said we only got 90% totality where I live, but in viewing it through the glasses, it sure looked like it was more like 99% totality. And it got really dark and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees!
@moffittjc 99% is pretty close...but that 1% can really fry your eyeballs. You would have been left with little more than the diamond ring effect. There was definitely a difference between totality and not quite totality (we saw lots of Shadow snakes in the not quite).
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Platespinner I had eclipse glasses, so I did not have to worry at all about my eyes getting fried. It was such a cool sight to see! I can't wait to do it again in 7 years, although I'll have to do a bit of traveling in order to view the next one!
@Asylum (45969)
• Manchester, England
As far as I understand, it went dark and then light again.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Who turned off the lights? Haha
@Asylum (45969)
• Manchester, England
@moffittjc I suspect that man in the moon.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Asylum That man in the moon is always up to no good!
@Genipher (4802)
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I now have about 30 pairs of eclipse glasses that I no longer need, if you know of anybody who needs a pair!
@moffittjc save them to resell in 2024 .
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Platespinner Maybe I'll start stocking up now on glasses to sell in 2024! I could make a killing! People here were paying like $15-$20 a pair, and even all the way up to the start of the eclipse today, people were still scrambling to buy glasses!
It ended like every other eclipse... with the sun shining through and the moon hovering back to its proper place!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
UGH! You spoiled the ending!!!! I wasn't done watching the video, I still had five minutes left. Now I'm depressed
@moffittjc sorry! My bad. Heard they are doing a prequel and sequel for this one. Those two i won't spoil for you, promise!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@allen0187 Oh wow, I hadn't heard about the prequel and sequel! I'll have to get my tickets early for those showings!
WE didn't have the eclipse here so you won't get any information from me.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well, it's been 38 years since we've last had one, so it was kind of a special day for us!
@moffittjc Bet it was. Was all over mylot! Everybody's talking about it except people from countries who don't have it.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@toniganzon I actually saw a lot of people from countries outside of the United States talking about it. So I guess it was big news in many places.
@JESSY3236 (4535)
lol We only saw the partial Eclipse.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well, that's better than nothing at all. Are you blind now, or did you use eclipse glasses? haha
@JESSY3236 (4535)
@moffittjc we had Eclipse glasses.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JESSY3236 I had some Eclipse gum. Does that count? Lol
• Peoria, Arizona
I am thinking Armageddon happens, but I don't know. I haven't been outside, so I have no idea. Haha!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I was kinda expecting an alien invasion, or doomsday, or something magnificent of that nature, but a couple of people already spoiled the ending for me.
• Peoria, Arizona
@moffittjc Aww man, those jerks!
@UncleJoe (7202)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It didn't end well for everybody.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Oh lordy, that's funny! Poor guy!
One thing is sure, IT ENDED!
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Or was it the beginning? The beginning of the end?!?! Haha
@Elizaby (3265)
• Pensacola, Florida
It got pretty cloudy where I was (we were suppose to see about82% coverage) but I watched the eclipse online (though it took time to get on). it was great to watch
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I watched it on tv and on the computer throughout the day, and then when it was our turn for near totality, I went outside and viewed it through my special eclipse glasses. It was awesome!
I'll make sure to keep quiet.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thank you! I don't like when people spoil the ending to something. I'm about to sit down now to watch my DVR recording and see how it all turned out!
We did not watch it, but I hope those who did will not tell you how it ended.
@moffittjc (31938)
• Gainesville, Florida
I am purposely avoiding all social media sites to avoid spoilers! I want the excitement and anticipation of having to wait all the way to the end to find out what happens!