a total eclipse of the female cycle

A friend of mine in the States posted an article on Facebook yesterday about how some women seemed to have experienced periods {eep, I said it. That naughty word, the one that conveys too much information! The one thing nobody ever wants to talk about because it's yucky and personal, and completely natural ...} that were heavier and more painful than usual in the few days leading up to the total eclipse in America. Can I just say, Oh! My! I have just finished {too much information?} my most recent visit with Aunt Flo. She brought with her some very painful cramps. I don't normally suffer from pain when I have my period. I do however, suffer from very heavy blood loss {oops, that was definitely too much information!} so can't really comment on whether that was different to normal. But the cramping and pain was interesting. It hadn't dawned on me that the moon could be responsible. Does it matter that I don't live in the path of the total eclipse? Or that I live on the other side of the Atlantic? Who cares? I'm just happy that I have a reason for pain when usually there is no pain. That there moon is quite amazing. The world is amazing. We know so little of nature and how our bodies and minds react to things we have no control over, like that pesky moon. Today I am inspired by awe.
@Gillygirl (17372)
• Sutton, England
I'd rather discuss the moon.
The man on the moon says, But we are discussing the moon! ;)
@Gillygirl (17372)
• Sutton, England
@Poppylicious The man on the moon says he's not standing on cheese.
guess I am safe no.
I wonder how the moon affects men. Hmmm, I may have to look into that!
• Preston, England
not heard of eclipses affecting periods before - interesting
No, but it makes sense. The menstual cycle is moon-based so anything rare happening should affect it. I think. Or something. I don't know, I'm no expert. ;)
As the menstrual cycle is moon based, it does not matter if the moon shows or not, the important is at which point of the moon phase it is. I have always suffered of terrible cramps and headache during the whole period. I am so glad that it's over now.