Day 15 of 30 - Diet Update

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Some of you know I've been on a diet called Whole30. It's a pretty common sense diet. I'm not buying anyone's food, stepping on a scale, though I would like to, or doing anything crazy to lose weight. There is a list of rules about what to cut out of your diet for 30 days. There is also a grocery list that has three categories - Best, Better, Good - for the different foods listed. So armed with the grocery list I have been faithfully following the Best list. I had my friend take a before picture of me, and she will take the after picture in two weeks. So what will the after picture show? I can tell you that after 15 days, I'm feeling great! My headaches that I was plagued with almost daily are greatly diminished. I have more energy, and my clothes are starting to feel loose. Even my swimsuit feels like it could be a size too big right now. It might not look like a big difference in the first after picture, but it won't be the last picture, as I aim to continue this diet until I've met my goal. I can't step on the scale or do any body measurements for the 30 days, and that's the only thing I really want to do, to see the results. This is the most patient about anything I've been in a very long time. I did weigh myself on the first day so I would know the results on day 30, which is September 6. Foods I'm eating: eggs for breakfast along with fresh fruit, or if I'm out, frozen. I have turkey legs, hamburgers - no bread allowed, so I eat those plain. I have zucchini, summer squash, green beans, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, fish - cod, salmon, tilapia. Fruits on the best list are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, melon, not watermelon, apricots, plums, pineapple. Also avocados. Instead of butter I use extra virgin olive oil. There are more foods on the best list, but these are what I like. I probably left some out. I also drink a lot of water. So my next update will be on day 30. Thanks for reading.
Personally, I could not do this as I can't stand having someone to telll me what to eat and what not to eat.
Nobody is telling me what to eat or not eat. It's my choice to do this diet, and I'm doing well on it.
That's great! Keep it up, you can do it.
Thank you. Having met the halfway mark, I think it will be easier for the rest of the month.
@just4him It's such a hard thing to do. You show real grit and determination.
@AmbiePam Thanks. I think these last few days are going to be shear determination. I like the food I'm eating, I'm just starting to think about the food I'm missing, like potatoes and cheese.
you seem to be very discipline there.that is great.good luck
Thank you. I need to lose this weight, so I will do what I need to do to achieve that.
@just4him Okay one lb. at a time.
Well that sounds like a pretty strict diet, I hope that it works for you and I am glad it has helped you feel better.
It is working wonderfully. I'm starting to see and feel the results.
I'm very proud of you and happy to hear you are eating such healthy foods. I eat a diet very similar, although I'm not dieting. It keeps headaches away and gives me great energy. Looking forward to your before and after photos and continued success!
Thank you. My friend will be taking the picture at Writer's Guild, which is actually day 29, but that's close enough. I'll step on the scale day 30 at the pool. September 6 is day 30. I'm starting to have less headaches as well and more energy, so it's all a plus.
@just4him That is terrific! September 6th is one month from our son's wedding!
@DianneN Yes it is. I realized that when I put the date down. Then I won't be waiting much longer either to see the dress you bought for the wedding.
Keep up the good work. And im sure its working well
It is, thank you.
@just4him welcome
@Platespinner (16520)
That sounds great and not weighing or measuring is phenomenal advice since it takes time for changes to have an impact. I am trying to cut sugar out once again (I have a self control problem when it comes to sweets) but I cut out most wheat products almost 5 years ago and haven't had many migraines since.
That's great. I do still have all my baking sugars, flour, and spices, but I have no interest in them. I cut out regular sugar last year around Thanksgiving and started using Stevia. It's 100% natural and has zero calories. I can't use that either for this diet, and I don't miss it either.
Have you ever read or listened to Gain Brain and Wheat belly about how bad wheat and grains are for us. What about the year of no sugar by Eve O Schaub I read the last one once a year. It is a book about people who take all forms of sugar out of their diets for a year. Very good book!
@Marty1 Those kinds of books hold no interest for me. I looked at the rules on this diet, printed them up and printed the grocery list. That's all I need, and it's working.
@velvet53 (16623)
• Palisade, Colorado
It sounds like this is really working. I will be excited to see the new picture. I would want to get on the scales myself if I was doing this diet. You do have patience. Keep up the good work.
More patience than I'm used to having. Just 14 days to go now. Thank you.
@velvet53 (16623)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him It is getting closer.
@velvet53 Yes it is.
Sounds like a very sensible nutrition plan and similar to the way that I eat. Can't wait to see your "after" picture!
It is sensible. I will just need to figure out how to put both pictures on here together.
@FayeHazel (18027)
That's awesome! You got this! You can do it!
Yes I can. I'm doing well so far.
@kellyr634 (423)
I have heard of the Whole30 diet and think that it is a great diet. I know that if you stick with it, it will be good for you. I read the book and it all made sense. And there are so many foods to eat that you will never be hungry!
I don't have the book, but I am following the rules for it. Yes, there are a lot of foods you can eat.
@vsai2008 (7835)
Glad this is working out for you, good for you, keep going !!
Thank you. I am planning on keeping up with this diet until I reach my goal weight.
@vsai2008 (7835)
@just4him Good for you !! I hope you reach your goal :)
@vsai2008 It's going to take time to reach my goal, but I will know how much I've lost on Wednesday. I'll also have the first before and after pictures to post with the results. I'm already down a size and that makes me very happy.
Congratulations, bread and pasta make us feel bloated, I only eat a few times a month for that reason.
I haven't missed it at all. I'm starting to see more positive results and can't wait until my friend takes the next picture so I can show everyone. I'm planning to continue this diet until I reach my goal.
@just4him When we see results we are so happy that we cannot continue without feeling the need of things we gave up to.
@LadyDuck The only thing I'm wishing for is cheese, potatoes, and rice. I really don't miss anything else.
@RubyHawk (25455)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Wow, you are doing so well. we eat most foods you have on your list other than meat. I'm glad your headache and other ills are better. Sounds as if you are doing the best thing for your health. You'll be happy when you can get on the scales.
Thank you. I'm already happy with the way my clothes are starting to have more room in them. I'll be happy to see what the scale says.
@RubyHawk (25455)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him That's great. You will feel like a new person.
@RubyHawk Yes I will.
So happy for you! It would be hard for me to go a month without weighing myself! i am so proud of you and am sure you will see great results and am waiting for that picture!
I'll have it September 6 along with the rest of the results.
@just4him I am looking forward to it!
I wish you the best of luck I can't wait to hear your results.
I'm getting excited to see them myself. This morning I realized I'm going to need a new suit soon. The straps were falling off my shoulder. Great sign.
@just4him that is very promising.
@Tampa_girl7 Yes it is!
That sounds wonderful, you are getting such great results so early into this. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to hearing more about it and how well you feel as a result of it.
Well if my time in the pool is any indication, I'm going to need a new suit very soon. The straps are falling off my shoulders.
@just4him Oh I'm so happy for you, that must feel great.
@Juliaacv I do feel great, and I've been in the pool every day this week so far. Just one day to go.
Good luck with your diet. The best diet that you can do is the one that you could faithfully stick to. It seems this is the one for you!
Yes it is. It's practical.
Good going Valerie..I know you will win this
Thank you. I already feel like a winner.
@maggs224 (1711)
• Alicante, Spain
I hope that you have a lot of success with this diet and in the process find something where you not only enjoy the food that you are eating but find a way that suits you and can follow for a long time to come,
Thank you. I do enjoy all the food I'm eating, which is a great plus. I plan to continue with it until I reach my goal.