Statements That Make You Go Huh?

I have looked at the sun for years, what makes it so dangerous now? She is only interested in having sex. You would think that she would tell him no, it is her son. This is her 3rd litter. You need to fry bacon to be more crisp because it causes urinary tract infections if you don't. Not meaning to poke fun at anyone, but I find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind would believe such things. How I manage to keep my eyes from rolling out of my head is beyond me. How I keep my comments to myself is commendable. Could you keep yourself from correcting these comments or would let it fall on deaf ears? Picture is mine taken yesterday using the reverse side of my phone.
@Platespinner (16522)
Glancing at the sun isn't going to cause significant damage, but the danger with an eclipse comes from staring for an extended period of time...or from that diamond ring effect that comes when our eyes have adjusted to the darkness of totality and aren't filtering out as much light as they would ordinarily. But yeah, I hear a lot of comments that make absolutely no sense and have to bite my tongue to keep from offending people.
I have spoken up a time or two, however I quickly realized that it was fruitless to continue and stopped.
@ElusiveButterfly I get myself into trouble here on MyLot regularly. I've had to stop following some users because I just couldn't refrain from speaking up.
@Platespinner my cousin is like that too. You'll see her face contort just a bit like she is trying to hold back the words. They they spew out at projectile speed!
Yep, there are some things I can't believe that others come right out and say.
I look at them with a look of disbelief, but they don't get the look.
It depends who says these outrageous statements. You must know by now how many ignorant and stupid people walk the earth.
Better to keep the piehole shut and not say anything. I will give that look of disbelief though. Even then it flies right over the heads of those that speak like they are the authority.
@DianneN OMG, I want to look at them and tell them they are so wrong. But you can't insult them. Ahhhhhh! They are insulting me!
@ElusiveButterfly I can always think of something I could have said days later. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. lol
@Srbageldog (8597)
I have heard some really bizarre things come out of people's mouths over the years...if it is someone I know well, I will attempt to correct them, but if it's someone I don't know well (or at all,) I just stifle my laughter. Sometimes I write down their stupid remarks to be used in a novel later.
I could give you some great things to write in that novel!
@ElusiveButterfly I bet! People say the dumbest things.
I tend to just ignore the fractious comments of others. I am used to it afterall I have a friend tht tells me she is diabetic, but only on the left side....
Oh my. I just rolled my eyes again, but had my hand over my face so they wouldn't fall out!
@ElusiveButterfly lol...good thing this particular friend was full of these little bits of insight.
@thelme55 (14574)
Yes. Some people will just say anything that makes us think we aren't hearing right.
When you ask them to repeat themselves, they go into more detail. I would rather only hear it once.
@thelme55 (14574)
@ElusiveButterfly LOL! Yes, me too
you will be amazed what people think.
I try not to tell them how wrong they are, but it is better not to argue with someone that believes they are right.
@ElusiveButterfly you got the right idea there.
I do not know where these silly ideas come from.
I have heard some things that would make you laugh out loud. However, I bite my lip.
I like the picture of the sun that you got.
Thank you Judy!
@sabtraversa (13338)
I've just stared at the sun in your picture for a few seconds, but I had no protection. Am I going to be blind?