Yahoo! School holiday starts!

@peachpurple (12772)
Malaysia
It is the 2nd term of school holidays for all schools in Malaysia. The school holiday will start on this Saturday until the next , next Monday, which means 10 days of no school, no homework and no more waking up at 5am in the morning ! I was looking forward to this coming holiday because we are planning to visit SIngapore for a day. It had been years since we last visited SIngapore. The exchange rate risen RM 3.15 for SGD $1. Our Malaysia Ringgit value of money had dropped drastically. Anyway, once a year visit shouldn't hurt that much since it is an educational visit. This will be the first time my son's visit to Singapore. He had never stepped into SIngapore since birth. Looking forward to spend quality family bonding time! So, when is your country's school holiday starts?
@Tracy04 (10815)
I think our country has the most holiday if not mistaken.
@peachpurple (12772)
Ya lor. 1st september is Hari Raya Haji, replacement for Monday, so Tuesday go back to school, right?
@Tracy04 (10815)
@peachpurple ei, you forget the 31st? 1st is Friday ma. Need to replace all the way to Monday? I remember Monday go back to school already.
@holdoors (1664)
@Tracy04 We might be getting one more holiday due to SEA games.
Here the summer vacation for students is from early of July until the end of August. Namely they will start to go to school on September 1st. Singapore is a nice country for travel, especially for children. There are lots of fun things that children will love. My son and I had a nice travel there before.
@peachpurple (12772)
Wow, that is a long holiday. Singapore is clean and the people are courteous. However the walking by foot is unbearable.
@peachpurple I heard today there is Mobike in Singapore and therefore perhaps you don't have to walk so much
@mandala100 (52476)
@peachpurple Good luck and enjoy and have a safe trip to Singapore with your family my friend.
@peachpurple (12772)
thanks, pal!
@mandala100 (52476)
@peachpurple No problem my friend.
@hereandthere (33013)
in the past schools had christmas break and summer break. but now they also have semestral break even for elementary and high school, which is late october to early november. are you going to drive to singapore? what do you look forward to doing there?
@peachpurple (12772)
Nope, we are going to travel by public buses and MRT. So, we are going to visit USS, Sentosa, a theme park, very huge entertainment place but everything is $$$ and lots of walking
Nice. How exciting. Here it is still summer break for many kids in school.
Before all schools here in my country have April to May as summer but Some school changed to June to July.