the HARD work is done

@sugartoes (41168)
Greencastle, Indiana
Hey there friends, how ya doin? you all having a good day? Lord I sure hope so, cause me & hubby just took 4 hrs out of the week to move a load of gravel by hand & do some fill in work in the yard since we're not fortunate to have big tools. So we took 1 dump truck load of small gravel to cover a LOT of area the best we could by hand & yes it IS back breaking work to say the lest, BUT we had the driver drop 1/2 in 1 area & 1/2 the load in another spot & that did MOST of 2 areas. Like killing 2 birds with one stone "so say" that's what we did now GET this we're no where near YOUNG mind you by FAR but my so called neighbor says tell me when you want to move the gravel & I'll give you a hand YEAH right that was a FAT lie. We moved BOTH piles & he watched & didn't lift a FINGER even came over & stood there & talked about off the wall crap I kept on going cause it was getting late & we were already tired I didn't hear about him offering to help till AFTER we were done. So see that's why we don't bother asking for help cause we don't get it just like he offered us the fence panels he had but sold them to another person this is why we don't take no one serious anymore you don't offer something & back out that's not right or decent. So being you see a video of a guy that's doing HIS drive way with a big tool & took him MOST the day in ONE load it took us 4 hrs to do 1 LOAD in 2 places & NO big tools or the extra help either hum? we're in our 60's & 70's & OUT work the big tool & the NO help. We'll be getting more next moth & doing the same THING AGAIN by hand & get it done & then hold off till next year to see where else we need more dropped at to get that done cause I have a spot I want to get leveled out to put a laundry room shed at next.
Spreading gravel in the driveway
@velvet53 (16998)
• Palisade, Colorado
You did a lot of hard work. I have known neighbors like that in the past and well, even now. They can talk up a storm but never come through with what they say they will do. You two could sure teach a lot of people what hard work is about. I wish I could offer a hand but you know why I can't. If he comes over next month maybe you should ask him to leave cause you have work to do.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 well he made it up front that he sold his place to a Allstate type person for 25.000 so (IF) it's true you KNOW what that means right? that they gonna want like 60.000 instead.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 are you KIDDING? yeah right they wouldn't last. "You two could sure teach a lot of people what hard work is about"
@velvet53 (16998)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes I was afraid of that. I was doing my best here.
I hope you will sleep good after that.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sharon6345 I will here in just a few being it's after 1 am here
@sugartoes yes, it was late for me too. I went to read at that time I think.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sharon6345 I went to bed & didn't get up till around 6-7 am
That was not right that he offered and than nothing to help you
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jstory07 I do agree I think it's pretty low down to offer something then go back on your word, after ALL we have done to help THEM over the years like we have.
@RubyHawk (26802)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's a lot of hard work. You should rest well tonight.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@RubyHawk yes it is a lot of work & not easy either it's hard on the back, but we got it done thank god. We slept like there was no tomorrow, took not 1 nap but (2) but yeah we're tough & one of a kind.
@RubyHawk (26802)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@sugartoes It's good to be tough and get the work done Too bad the neighbor didn't keep his word.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@RubyHawk yeah well I'll just be glad when he moves outta here
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That is horrendously hard work. I finally caved this Spring and hired somebody to dig up a patch of ground for a garden spot. And you know what? I paid him and he still dug the dirt, leaving it in big clods of weeds and dirt. Hubby said, Oh we can plant in that. I said: No way. We need the weeds shook out and the ground smoother before we can put in anything. I got busy but quickly wore out so hubby went in and finished my work and the guy we hired's work.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sallypup they always say why pay someone to mess up a job than to just do it your self, you come out a head by doing it your self & the job is done right. you know what you want & how you want it just save your money & do it your self, so what if it takes you a few days to do it.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sugartoes I admit we needed the help and then some. Caring for three rocky, weedy and hilly acres is a full time job. While the paid helper did his thing out there I was in another area doing something else.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sallypup I use to have 3 acres in fla & it was mostly me that kept it up & made it like we wanted, but we lost it when the housing went under in 07, so I know what it takes to keep up a place.
• Pamplona, Spain
Very hard work and not a lot of people would be able to do all that. I would be as I am good at working like that when its needed. Well done both of you.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@lovinangelsinstead21 thank you & your right there are some that just CAN'T cause of their health but there's SOME that can but rather not cause they too lazy or just not into hard labor.
• Pamplona, Spain
@sugartoes Afraid so they won´t even try to do anything like that. Everytime we move I have to do most of the work in fact practically all of it.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@lovinangelsinstead21 yep that sounds about right on this side too.
@m_audrey6788 (13665)
Whew! It is indeed a hard work..Gosh, it will really burn my fats away with that kind of activity you got there..I am sure after everything is done, you will feel happiness..Wish you a nice day
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@m_audrey6788 ha ha ha yeah it sure will, &* after the tons of leaves fall down in the next few mos it's ALL going to be buried under them.
@sugartoes ..Cheer up..it will be ok..I am sure there will be a way on that
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@m_audrey6788 well it is what it is & I look to have to do it all over again in a few years, but it SURE looks good now I have to say.
@VivaLaDani13 (20436)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes You guys did good considering you didn't have any tools. Good on ya both!
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 thank you & we still need MORE gravel to finish what we need done.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Well so far you are doing a marvellous job with everything. Will we be seeing any photos? And your neighbour....oh man! How annoying!
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 no cause I don't have a portable webcam.
Good job well done, hope the next few days are good to you after all that work.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sumofalltears I'll say this after we got done it takes us a few days to get our backs in order & ready to do it again.
@sugartoes You are lucky it only takes a few days...it would be weeks for me
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sumofalltears ha ha ha when your not use to working like we do YEAH it would take weeks to get your self back right again.
@Shellyann36 (10790)
Glad you outworked the big tool! Sounds as if the neighbor is not too bright.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Shellyann36 I'll put it this way, we don't play around when it comes to getting things done, yeah I'm glad I didn't know he had offered his help & didn't till AFTER we were done, cause I sure would of made him help us.
@Morleyhunt (19856)
Hubby and I have moved tons if dirt and gravel with little more than a wheel barrow and shovel. We joke about having earned gold shovels because of all of our hard work. We don't count on the neighbours for help.....every now and again they do.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Morleyhunt so you know just how hard it is to move gravel at our age? & the extra help would be nice to have WHEN they "OFFER" it so say.
Glad to hear you got it all done.
@sugartoes (41168)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TRBRocks420 we are too, just glad we don't have to do it any time soon again till the NEXT load gets here.