Day Two Walk!

picture is mine
Thailand
Well, I just got home. Although I told myself I would only do one hour, it actually lasted two. I am really enjoying this leisurely walking and although it is tiring, it is nice. On the way home, I stopped by one of the places that I drink at and though I'd have a bottle of cold water. All of the staff were in the back of the club eating lunch but they immediately recognized me. I was sitting at the bar and within a few minutes, there was a large glass of water in front of me as well as a nice dish of assorted Thai foods. And all at no cost! What a great place to live! The picture is of Jomtein Beach where I walked today.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
I started "walking" for fitness in April. I walk a minimum of 4 km a day. Some days I will go as far as 13km. I feel good at the end of the day. I've lost weight and seem to have a lot more energy.
@Morleyhunt , That is great! Keep it up. I walk when I am strong enough. Unfortunately, it is not enough but I still enjoy it a lot.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
@marlina it's a good thing I'm healthy....it seems everyone wants something from me.
@Morleyhunt I am glad that you are healthy! Most precious thing in life!
Congratulations! Why no charges for the food and drink?
• Thailand
typical Thai hospitality!
@CoralLevang (39826)
How long have you been living in Thailand? And where did you grow up, born and bred? And how did you come to Choose Thailand as your home?
• Thailand
I was born in Brooklyn and at 14 went to Burbank, CA with my parents. I did three years in the Army in the mid 60's, and I usually don't talk about my experiences there. In 1977 I visited Thailand for the first time and while I was in the immigration queue I knew that this would be my home. Just a strong feeling but I always follow them. In 2008 I finally moved here. Of course there are some things I miss about the States - mostly inexpensive cheese - but I have no regrets about making this Kingdom my home.
@CoralLevang (39826)
@jaideemai I know Burbank. LOL I was born here in WA state, and at 18 months moved to SoCal. Ended up in the San Fernando Valley in 1960, and specifically Granada Hills about 1962. I understand re: Army in the mid 60s; just know that my heart is there, esp. for my fellow vets. 'Nuff said. Funny about the "inexpensive cheese," as I like GOOD cheese, which is ridiculously priced here, but one can get incredibly inexpensive (relatively speaking, of course) in Europe. But then I don't eat anything that is called "processed American cheese 'food'," all-wrapped up in individual plastic sheets. *chuckles* So good to "meet" you. Thank you for sharing.
• Thailand
@CoralLevang American Cheese...YUCK! I am laughing now because years ago, LAYS potato chips had a flavor here. On the package, it said, "Squid Flavor...America's Favorite"! I am happy to meet you as well! Burbank High School...Class of "62!
@YrNemo (7505)
Serious! All at no cost? Perhaps I should migrate to that area of yours.
• Thailand
It is a unique place to live. People love to share food with friends and even people they do not know. I can't count the number of times I have been walking around and people invite me to share food with them.
@CoralLevang (39826)
@jaideemai having been in the military, I've known people from all around the world. I'm also someone who, when I travel, it's with a backpack and I talked to people. Even when I don't know the language I still try to talk to people. I think, for the most part, people all around the world very generous and the time people are certainly one of the tops!
• Thailand
@CoralLevang Most of my travel has been in S.E. Asia and I agree if you try to communicate and wear a smile, you will most likely get along!
@kobesbuddy (16638)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang And that's how people are suppose to be, one towards another! One kindness, merits another:)
@CoralLevang (39826)
Won't get any argument from me there!
@CoralLevang (39826)
oh, and I just started walking again.
@kobesbuddy (16638)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang Isn't that wonderful, when others know you and display loving kindness, also!:)
@CoralLevang (39826)
Yeppers!
@kobesbuddy (16638)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang This kind of thoughtful behavior, would change the entire world.
@CoralLevang (39826)
@kobesbuddy Which is not a new concept.
@Tracy04 (10696)
Nice view!