Yesterday is the tomorrow you were talking about

nature viewing room
I am finding that I really lack spare time to even be on here much. Again, this is that nature viewing room in my image. I would love to just stay there a while. I am not leaving myLot by any means. Honestly, I am looking for a way to find more time. Yesterday the highlight of our day was going to work with miniature horses. The plus side is that the horses are gentle and each student could relate in his or her own way. The down side is that the vehicle we transport the seven of us and the wheel chair in is not user friendly. I had to ride in the back as did the overweight, uncoordinated ten year old girl who loves to whine and say "I can't". I may have twisted my good knee out of place. The girl is much too large to ride the small horses which came up to about my shoulder at their head. Their back was below my waist. On future visits we may hook these horses to carts and ride. Our little guy in the wheel chair really liked laying across the back of the horse and being led around. Our less than verbal autistic 9 year old got the experience of sitting on the horse and being led for a while, then said "down, walk". These were definitely horses, not ponies, I am not sure of the exact difference but the information is out there and available. We learned a lot. Today is another tomorrow. I am not aware of any schedule changes for our group. This will be the first day since we started school if we do not have any changes. We have team meeting after school. I hope to talk to you later.
Well sounds mostly good?
Each day has it's challenges and no day is ever completely terrible. I just feel like I would like to be lazy sometimes and stay home.
@GardenGerty well its good you never hsve a completely terrible day. You're lucky you don't
@Courtlynn I think I am basically an optimist.
I think the miniature horses pulling carts is the way to go if a future visit is planned.
We will also continue teaching the kids skills about grooming and such, but the carts will be fun as well.
@marsha32 (6693)
Jasmine's friend that is currently staying with us got a job as a para. Well, she may not keep it as already she missed one day running out of gas and today she is home sick. I wish she could stick it out and do the job because it's a good job to have as far as her self esteem goes. Actually, Jasmine would make a great para.
I agree, Jasmine would be a great para. She would have to want the job, though. Sometimes the days are rough.
It sounds like it was a good time overall. I hope you can find time to be here soon but we all understand your busy. Enjoy your day! =)
Busy or tired, and sometimes anxious. I need to check and see if you have had any updates.
@GardenGerty Nothing major changed, still at the apartment and praying for a home soon.
Where is this view Heather? I know you are so very busy dont worry we will be here if and when you get time.
Great Plains Nature Center, Wichita, Ks. There are all kinds of informative and interactive exhibits here, including this wildlife viewing room.
@weevee18 (525)
I'd love to have that view. Very relaxing
Yes, this was a wonderful place to visit.
@ilocosboy (34311)
The window was just so perfect to view that beautiful landscape of nature around your house, it is so inspiring.
This is not my house but it is a nature center we visited. They did a wonderful job designing and building it.
Perfect nature viewing room.
Yes, water, trees, nest boxes, feeders all within site of the room.
@velvet53 (16512)
• Palisade, Colorado
You do have a challenge before you. The ones that are too big to be on these horses might be better off in a cart. Some of the children may adapt to riding a horse like you and I would where others may not. I sure hope that things will work out for everyone. Bless you for having the patience to work with these children.
There are only three children in this group. In addition to fun and relaxation, it is a way for them to learn responsibility, at least the two older ones. In addition to their actual disabilities at least one of them is never made to do anything at home, and given her way she would never move, but she loves "ponies", so she learns and gets active without a fight.
@velvet53 (16512)
• Palisade, Colorado
@GardenGerty That is so good to hear. I think what you are doing is wonderful. Hopefully the little girl will get real involved with the ponies and will start being more active. I would love to hear how things are going from time to time.
@velvet53 I try to post pretty often, without breaking confidentiality. We are also going to have a mini green house in our room this year, and possibly start a Friday coffee service throughout the building. We try to help the students learn that they can grow up and have jobs, and be good citizens.
It sounds great.
Today was also a horse day, several months later. A good excuse to exercise and to get some needed sunshine.
@GardenGerty Sounds like a nice plan Heather.
@spiderdust (6150)
• San Jose, California
I'm glad you got to check in. That's a lovely nature viewing room. How is your knee right now?
Well this is Tuesday, both of the knees acted up at work today. We go to the horses again tomorrow, I will take a knee brace.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Hope your knee is OK, by the way. "RICE"!
I did not do the damage I anticipated. Getting older and out of shape is the pits.
@silvermist (20100)
It is good to have a nature viewing room.That was a new experience for the students and for you too.
It is a wonderful space.
Have a pleasant and productive Thursday.
We built a small greenhouse for in our classroom today.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad the kids got to work with miniature and full sized horses. I used to volunteer at such a place in Santa Barbara. We always had a leader (with the lead-rope) and two "side-walkers" when the kids were on the horses. Is that how you did it?
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you and the children enjoyed your visit.... I love horses and ponies ... well ...most animals really ...lol...