MAJOR weather Alert for Texas

@sugartoes (40738)
Greencastle, Indiana
Harvey has now made a cat 3 & it's gonna get WORSE & they're talking it's gonna hang around for a few days It may take weeks maybe even MOS to get help to you. They're also talking 3 ft of rain in a matter of hrs there if you know anyone you interact with or have family I'd be trying to make sure they know what's going on the best you can cause ALL phones & communication will be cut off like I said this is a MAJOR hurricane for Tex. Here is a live weather channel alert to keep track on it
Welcome to The Weather Geeks! We LIVE stream The Weather Channel, and radar on another LIVE stream! How cool is that? Headlines: Hurricane Harvey is expected...
Millions will be affected by this one. Praying that no lives are lost.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 they talking it may out do Katrina back in 05.
@sugartoes Yikes!!! They sad anyone who stays is on their own.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 it hit CAT 4 just a few mins ago. I hope you no where close by.
I just checked it out. Your link was only commercials. My granddaughter lives in Austin, and from what I've seen from the map, she's safe from it.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I have another link on the 1st post I did about it 'that's live glad to hear your daughter is safe from it.
@sugartoes Granddaughter. Yes, I'm glad she is too. My daughter lives a few miles from me. No hurricane here unless they changed the coastline. A lot!
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him oh flip I'm sorry I meant to SAY (GRAND daughter) but I was listening to the news & missed what I was saying.
• Pamplona, Spain
Sending out best wishes for you all and for you all to be safe. I was hearing one man say to get all your supplies and everything you need because its going to be a strong one this time. Stay safe as you can all.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@lovinangelsinstead21 yeah their urging EVERYONE to get into a safe place on higher ground cause their talking 3 ft or more of water & the surge on top of that & it may take a WHILE for help to come in.
• Pamplona, Spain
@sugartoes He said that because he lost two of his family in the last one and it really brought it home how bad things can get for some people. I could see the sadness in his face as he said it. I was hearing the english above the spanish translation and it was really moving.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@lovinangelsinstead21 I hate to hear after this is all over to hear how many lives were taken by this massive MESS. Cause you know there's gonna be some that stayed or that couldn't get out or thinks it's a COOL thing to be in it's so sad.
So scarry. hope that it won't be as bad as predicted.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina it's sure not going to be good with what their talking & what I'm looking at you watch the link I put on here for a while you'll hear just what I'm hearing.
@sugartoes You are right, sure looks pretty awful.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina it is it just hit cat 4 a few mins ago so it's VERY dangerous right now
@velvet53 (16567)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have been trying to call my brother and I am getting no response. I went on FB and sent a message my niece. Had to take a break. My niece got back with me and Tom and Lynda are ok. I guess it is just raining there but who knows when it will change.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 well here's the update of how it's looking right now hope your family are in SAFE places & you hear from them soon.
LIVE BREAKING NEWS ALERT: HURRICANE HARVEY WITH 85 MPH WINDS AND GETTING STRONGER!! LIVE STREAM: BREAKING NEWS ALERT: HURRICANE HARVEY WITH 85 MPH WINDS AND ...
@velvet53 (16567)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes I just got off the phone with my S-I-L. She said they are all safe but ready to go if things get worse. She said they are at a stage 4 right now. Their main concern will be the after effects and the flooding. At least I know they are ok.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 thank god for that the flooding is going to be the worst part & how long it hangs around the area they're talking a few days before it leaves so as long as it's on the coast it's gonna pull the water up & the winds so by MAYBE Wednesday it will be gone.
@alberello75 (17502)
• Genova, Italy
But you feel threatened, or somehow frightened by this arrival of this hurricane?
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@alberello75 it depends on how strong it could be when it gets here as we're flooded with trees around us here & no way to cut them down.
@alberello75 (17502)
• Genova, Italy
@sugartoes I would not have any fear. Perhaps it is just enough to close safe in your house. Tighten doors and windows and maybe turn off the light!
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@alberello75 I've been in more bad weather than I care to be in over the yrs I'm no dummy to be safe.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I've seen a band of rain already, but its not supposed to make it to Austin
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElicBxn if you know ANYTHING about hurricanes they have a mind of it's own no one REALLY knows what it's going to do or where it's going to go from one min to the next so just prepare for the worse.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@sugartoes I've lived in Texas for 60+ years, I know a thing or two about hurricanes... and I've also learned that the forecasting is better than ever. I also know we had a little cold front that is more than enough to stop it in its tracks, and that's why it isn't going to make it here. I am, however, appreciating the cool that the storm has brought with it, clouds and rain are keeping the temp below 80ยบ.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElicBxn I was born in Huston but didn't live there most my life was in Calif & Fla & now what's left of it in Indiana cause there IS NO more moving, I'm done. But as far as the temps of the weather what brought it on was the warm weather & water & that's why it's hanging around like it is & doing what it's doing.
@Ithink (10673)
I have been keeping an eye on this even thou I live no where close or know anyone there. It is going to bad by the sounds of it. I hope that people will just leave and evacuate. It has to be horrible knowing you can lose everything, but lives are worth way more.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Ithink yeah it's not gonna be a over night thing that's the sad part it's gonna LINGER on for at LEST 3 or more days & keep pounding. I'm like you I hope people took this serious & either got out or found a safe place to go or took cover but you know how some people can be not thinking to go out & check the damages & just be stupid.
@Ithink (10673)
@sugartoes That or think that they are just so tough nothing will go wrong.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Ithink well from what I'm looking at right now with the weather there I bet they wish they had of left cause their in another BAD hit from it.
@mandala100 (43371)
@sugartoes Thank you for this valuable information my friend.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@mandala100 you welcome, your in Hong Kong so you are pretty safe from it.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@mandala100 that's good to hear thankj you for the prayers
@mandala100 (43371)
@sugartoes Ok my friend and please take care there.
Yes this is a real doozy and very serious. God protect every one affected.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView yes it's nothing to play with that's for sure as it just turned into a cat 4 a few mins a go & it's gonna be one that just don't go through in a few hrs like MOST of them do this one is going to hang around for DAYS & pound the area HARD.
@sugartoes I pray there are no casualties but..
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView you & me both I know we have some members on here from Texas so I pray they are safe & sound.
@VivaLaDani13 (19866)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I am glad weather has calmed down around there now. Been mental with all the hurricanes.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 people are STILL trying to get back on their feet.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Yeah I know. It sucks. But I am glad the weather isn't still being a poop while people are trying to get their lives back together.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 it is what it is.
@Lucky15 (33386)
praying for no casualties in that area where Harvey will hit ;/
@Lucky15 (33386)
@sugartoes it can not be help right?
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Lucky15 in some ways yes but in others no the yes is those that don't take this kind of thing serious to get out, but rather stick around to say they were in it. The no part is those that can't get out for what ever reason & they end up being killed in one way or another, so sad.
@Neiltarquin (1093)
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
Is brownsvill affected? My mom lives there....
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Neiltarquin OH god I know that can be a scary thing knowing you have family there & HOPING they are safe, I HOPE that she's alright. Have you been able to get a hold of her, to hear if she's in a safe area?
• Rass, Saudi Arabia
@sugartoes She is ok.. I already talked to her. She is safe.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Neiltarquin WHEW thank god to hear that.
If you are in the path of Harvey be careful and evacuate, and best of luck to you and yours.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sumofalltears I'm safe for now & we might be lucky if it keeps going north WEST & not north EAST but IF it does what they say it MIGHT do like go back OUT & come back that might just change things up for us. But if you know where Indiana is we're safe for now.
@sugartoes Just keep safe it is not going t9 be pleasant at all.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sumofalltears I'm as safe as can be.
@dgobucks226 (12142)
Thankfully, people in Corpus Christi have evacuated since it is ground zero for the hurricane. It looks like a ghost town.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@dgobucks226 that's good to hear thank you for the report I take it your there some where??
@dgobucks226 (12142)
@sugartoes No little tiger heard the update on the news here in the Northeast. Looks like a terrible storm ala "Sandy."
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@dgobucks226 yeah it's not going to be nice after it's all over that's for sure. glad to hear your out of it's path
Yikes. Hope everyone there stays safe
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Courtlynn me too but SOME people don't take this serious till it's too late & try & leave then put their lives in danger like they just said they had people on the road & it just turned into a cat 4 a few mins ago.
@sugartoes yeah crazy people in the world
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Courtlynn you got that right I've been around some
We are getting overcast and gloom from it. I feel bad for those in its path.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Tampa_girl7 yeah there's a LOT of people that's effected by this in SO many ways it's not unaccountable to say how many there really is. I can tell you this it's gonna be in the (HIGH) #'s I know that.
@kepweng (14666)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
hope the hurricane dissolve its they say its dangerous than hurricane katrina
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@kepweng it's gonna be a MAJOR record breaking MESS after it's all said & done I'm watching the weather channel now & it's just HORRIBLE what I'm looking at right now it's a MESS.
I didn't hear about this until the other day. Hope that it's not too bad when it hits.
@sugartoes (40738)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Susan2015 well how bad do you think a cat 4 hurricane sounds? cause they getting like 140 mile a hr winds & 3 ft of HARD rain.