Women Barred From Preaching In Church

What do you think about this scripture 1 Tim 2:11-12). Let a woman learns in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. Most churches use this scripture to barred women from preaching or holding top positions in the church. Do you agree that women that own and preach on the pulpit are going against the word of God or they’re quoting this portion out of context? What are your thoughts on this?
@mandala100 (28518)
@augusta123 There are so many point of view in the interpretation of the Holy Scriprtures there's the Johannine, Petrine and Pauline "brand" of "Christianity" or Theology. I think that was the opinion of Paul since he was single himself. I don't see any counterpart words of our Lord Jesus Christ in the four gospel side by side with that words of Paul in one of his epistle. This is "Pauline Christianity or Theology".
What's your opinion. are you for or against it
@mandala100 (28518)
@augusta123 I'm in favor always of equality between man and woman my friend in everything.
@mandala100 Good to read,it rare to see a man accept equality with both gender.How about equality in the home-front.
@pitstop (5399)
We have quite a few women who preach at our church. My wedding was conducted by a woman pastor. I am all for women actively participating in church.
This is how it should be,but Pentecostal thinks otherwise.They use that bible verse to stop women participation
@pitstop (5399)
@augusta123 hope and pray that they open up to the wholesome meaning from the scriptures.
@Tracy04 (10602)
I ever asked to give preach in my church. Ever done it about 3-4 times already.
Are you a minister?
@Tracy04 (10602)
@augusta123 no position at all.... But our church always gives chances to those members
@Tracy04 nice to hear this