Are people now so addicted to their mobile phones

@hotsummer (10449)
I just went out to eat at one fast-food and noticed people there are holding their phones maybe browsing the internet and not eating their food. They are more occupied on their phones while i was enjoying my food and finished eating pretty fast then left. I notice also when in a public transportation lots of commuters are doing the same thing at the same time. Like it's crazy to see people that way. For me it's not that good to use phone so much when outside. It's better enjoy walking or going around.
@Tracy04 (10815)
I use phones to text and calls, mostly.
@hotsummer (10449)
Yeah phone should be used as much as we need or want them. I'm not criticizing people for using their phones in public just that i have noticed people have no other things to do except use their phone. Like they forgotten there are other things that can make their day complete.
@Tracy04 (10815)
@hotsummer that I agree. Seems like young generations even some adults cannot complete their day without phones. I'm just okay if all the families gather around for family reunion and such. I can completely forgot phones for a day or three.
@iridion9 (10806)
Well, that's we called TECHNO ADDICTS LOL
@hotsummer (10449)
Are you also
@iridion9 (10806)
@hotsummer Yup, I don't deny it. One of the BIG reason I finished Computer Science degree. And beside its part of life these days.
@dodo19 (34005)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It definitely does seem like a lot of people spend more time than they should on their phones. It's crazy how much time that can be spent.
@hotsummer (10449)
Yeah we need less time with gadgets
@dodo19 (34005)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@hotsummer We really do.
I fully agree, people have become too addicted of their phones, tablets and other tech gadgets.
@hotsummer (10449)
Indeed
I can't tell you how much this disturbs me - but it's true. Many people will say this is the way the world is going . . . well maybe so, but I refuse to be that way . . . and I am trying so hard to teach my kids to not fall into this category as well. There is a time and place for "technology" - not every waking moment of life. I too would rather walk and look around me . . . not enjoy what I can see on a screen .
@hotsummer (10449)
Yeah it should not be the way people should live
@dodoazo (21612)
It's good for you. They have their own freedom to do whatever they wanted. Let's respect them.
@hotsummer (10449)
There's no disrespect involved. Just finding it weird like everyone browsing the net at the same time.